ANOVOS TK (discussion forum)

ukswrath

I can't grumble at the VAT and duty though I do feel the £12 handling fee a bit of a joke seeing as the whole point of Fedex is to handle packages, often across borders, and should be factored into the base international shipping cost.

Äh, no.

The usual way is the goods/parcels were delivered at the local  customs, and the consignee has to drive there, proove the value and handle everything himself. Then he gets the parcel and can take it home.

If the parcel service does the handling, pays forward and collects it from you later, they are fully right to charge something for their work, time, and money. Under the line you don´t have to drive several Kilometers there and back, don´t need to spend some hours for driving and the time at the office, you don´t have to take a day or a half off work......

Smaller parcels from private may slip through and can be delivered by the postal service directly to your door - but even with them i would guess for 90% i have to drive to the customs office and go through the procedure.

Äh, no.

The usual way is the goods/parcels were delivered at the local  customs, and the consignee has to drive there, proove the value and handle everything himself. Then he gets the parcel and can take it home.

If the parcel service does the handling, pays forward and collects it from you later, they are fully right to charge something for their work, time, and money. Under the line you don´t have to drive several Kilometers there and back, don´t need to spend some hours for driving and the time at the office, you don´t have to take a day or a half off work......

Smaller parcels from private may slip through and can be delivered by the postal service directly to your door - but even with them i would guess for 90% i have to drive to the customs office and go through the procedure.

..?? But we have deliveries from Germany maybe every other month, pay our supplier for a carrier and yes the VAT element is included in the cost we pay the suppliers, but we don't get charged anything extra over and above what we pay the supplier for carriage. The carriage charge/fee COMPLETE should have been quoted in the first place. Yes ok the duty/excise thing is a separate issue but additional charge from the carrier company to collect & delviery something they have been paid to deliver.???  That's not the norm here in the UK for sure.

PS - Actually, thinking about it, I have had many things delivered from the US over the past year, large stuff and small stuff and yes occasionally there is a duty/excise charge, but never have I had an additional charge from the carrier to actually deliver it/handle it.

The UK is still in the EU, maybe that will change in the near future. Then the UK will have the same procedure from every country it has now only from overseas. Now its easy to send parcels within EU

As a company everything is different, paperwork and bills are more automated, and some stuff has not to be paid until the goods are sold to a enduser, until then some taxes and fees are just numbers on papers that are reached through.

The difference for Fedex is making the handling at customs.

- If i get any stuff to my door, i was lucky.

- If it is handed to the customs, i have work (driving and handling), the paid shipping end at the customs office, nonetheless we have paid from point A to point B, and yes that is not fair. Blame your government.

- If a postal service handles the customs and delivers to my door after that, they had work and expenses. And that´s something each company wants to be paid for

Ok, let's talk forearms. The left and right forearms are obviously different, this is good as so we're the originals. The left forearm parts align perfectly. The right forearms is a different matter altogether. The inner part is considerably shorter than the outer part. I have seen many threads where builders have cut the wrist of the outer part to make the two parts align. I could do this to solve the problem. However, the parts as sent by Anovos were obviously meant to mis-align, going by the trim lines and the return edge that the trim lines would have left on.<br><br>

We're the originals misaligned like this, if the mould was based on original suits then the answer should be an easy yes, or did Anovos get it wrong and made the inner forearm too small?

Ok, let's talk forearms. The left and right forearms are obviously different, this is good as so we're the originals. The left forearm parts align perfectly. The right forearms is a different matter altogether. The inner part is considerably shorter than the outer part. I have seen many threads where builders have cut the wrist of the outer part to make the two parts align. I could do this to solve the problem. However, the parts as sent by Anovos were obviously meant to mis-align, going by the trim lines and the return edge that the trim lines would have left on.<br><br>

We're the originals misaligned like this, if the mould was based on original suits then the answer should be an easy yes, or did Anovos get it wrong and made the inner forearm too small?

Yes

gallery_12157_59_74335.jpg

• Like 1

Well, my armor had its public unveiling today at a work meeting. We did several Star Wars skits between the business presentations and I showed up at the end to kick out the bogus Empire! Was a blast! Definitely learned that I need to do some adjustments to my shins. They are way too small. Removing some return edges at the top and possibly adding some shins to the back(after cutting off too much...had the mislabeled shin issue). Also, the bucket is in desperate need of some fans. I was drenched. Even had condensation inside the shins and arm pieces! Perhaps a coolant-lined undersuit with a recirculating pump in the upper back section?

Thigh fell down a bit while adjusting myself. Going to create a better belt/strap system.

e7a27ec35c04fddc9c5057f27fc2f3fc.jpg

My team at work!

f9955dd1a58494a7434a5c093fb0c614.jpg

Overall, a real fun experience, lots of people wanting photos and asking all kinds of questions. Good learning experience too. Will also work on some of the snap system for the clamshell rather than the Velcro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So I just received my arming suits...

The quality appears to be good but the sizing is an issue.

I am 6'2 190 lbs and my standard clothing size is the same as my motorcycle gear and even wetsuits. In everything I am a 32" waist 34" inseam. All gloves I am a Large and all shirts a Mens Large.

I ordered a XL arming suit and Medium and XL gloves.

The gloves are black rubber of good quality and appear to be true to size. The Medium is too small and the XL is too big so I should have ordered a Large like every other glove I own. My bad.

The XL pants are perfect as they are snug but length and waist are spot on.

The Shirt is a joke. Like I said I wear a large in anything but this XL has the correct arm length but the body is skin tight and looks like a tube top. It is the shortest top I have ever seen. The front comes to my belly button and the back is about half way up my back.

The top is way off. Hopefully the tag is wrong and it is miss labeled but I doubt two would be the same. It is going back and hopefully the 2XL is better.

Edited by mikidymac

Working on the lenses. Have two small plastic studs under the eyes then have a small screw to attach the lens. This keeps them in place while leaving plenty of space around the lens to allow airflow. Hard to even notice the gaps from the outside. I figure it will help even more when I get my fans installed.

The next step will be to figure out how to mount some prescription glasses lenses from an old pair of my glasses so that I can see. I can't always wear my contacts so I have to have some way to attach them and detach them easily. 1598a98026153771203539ec1d1d2be0.jpg

71cdbee6113fb47426508e02df68408b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Tk52421

For those of you with your hands on the ANOVOS TK armor how bad is the armor in fitting to someone 6'4"? Trying to get a sense of how much black will be showing. I am 210# with long torso and arms. When I emailed ANOVOS they reiterated it was designed for someone 6" shorter but wouldn't give me any more info than that.<br><br>

Thanks in advance,<br>

George

For those of you with your hands on the ANOVOS TK armor how bad is the armor in fitting to someone 6'4"? Trying to get a sense of how much black will be showing. I am 210# with long torso and arms. When I emailed ANOVOS they reiterated it was designed for someone 6" shorter but wouldn't give me any more info than that.<br><br>

Thanks in advance,<br>

George

There's another guy who is 6'4" who is cutting the ab plate and adding a shim under the belt, which is allowed as long as it's all hidden.

I'm 6'3" but my height is more in my legs than torso, and it's really tight, vertically, but I won't need vertical shims. (just horizontal ones due to my love of home brewing)

nwW3mC.jpg

More shots in my build thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35552-kmans-anovos-tk-adventure-build/page-4

Forget looking at original parts. The Anovos kit was not cast from any original parts.

That's is very good point Paul. These shins (at least the outer section) aren't shaped like TM or RS. So the million dollar question is you've been telling others my shins are assembled incorrectly yet you use TM, RS, Lucas or whatever as your reference. Will you care to either validate your point or mine please?

• Like 1

Yes. We all know that Anovos is a recast of RS and the original RS armour has shins made up of two outer halves for both legs, meaning they are identical no matter which leg you put them on. Rob reshaped a two halves to try and make them look like the missing inner halves and these modified parts are actually the longer parts you are using for the outer halves instead of the unmodified, shorter parts that are the outer halves.

As I said earlier, there is no point using the original LFL armour as reference because not even the RS matches up - never mind the Anovos.

Let me know if you need more help :)

Yes. We all know that Anovos is a recast of RS and the original RS armour has shins made up of two outer halves for both legs, meaning they are identical no matter which leg you put them on. Rob reshaped a two halves to try and make them look like the missing inner halves and these modified parts are actually the longer parts you are using for the outer halves instead of the unmodified, shorter parts that are the outer halves.

As I said earlier, there is no point using the original LFL armour as reference because not even the RS matches up - never mind the Anovos.

Let me know if you need more help :)

Hey Paul thank you for the clarification. I was wondering if you could take a look at these pictures and explain to masses why this shin armor would NOT be the correct one for the leg.

IMG_7161.jpgIMG_7161-cropb.jpg

Those parts are the outer halves together from here. What you have to understand is that the outer halves on the original ANH armour are not identical, mirror images of each other. The inner halves really swoop inwards from the shin bone and bulge out towards the calf muscle.

No matter how the Anovos legs might feel, the fact remains that the modified parts should be used as the inner halves since the unmodified parts are the correct outer halves.

Here are some photos to show how the original parts should look and maybe you can familiarise yourself with the curves.

Right leg with correct parts.

REF_LFL_Caleb_StormtrooperBodyArmourComp

ANHlowerrightlegrear.jpg

gallery_12157_15_46342.jpg

Right leg made with outer parts and left leg made with inner parts.

SHin.jpg

legs.jpg

shins2.jpg

Edited by troopermaster

I understand what you're saying and trying to illustrate above, but I think you're trying to compare apples and oranges here.

With the exception of some similarities, the Anovos shins differ in shape. What worked for TM and RS, may or may not work with Anovos. Unless you have a set of Anovos shins in your hands that you can present a correctly assembled side by side comparison, we may have to agree to disagree until more facts come out. It's common knowledge there's a few issues with the armor, or the way it's assembled leaving us with many questions. We'll add this to the list

Cheers 

I thought you might say something like that. You just cannot seem to accept anything I say that is contrary to what you believe, but I am not fussed. I can show those willing to learn the correct way to do things.

Just for fun, I have made this to show how badly the original ANH shins were assembled. Enjoy :)

Stormtrooper_Corps_zpsaf38rimx.png

Stormtrooper_Corps_zps2ukyhkpg.png

Edited by troopermaster
  • Like 1