ANOVOS TK (discussion forum)

ukswrath

Totally need to get a spandex type undersuit. If you can dance like that now, you'll have the moves like Jagger with spandex. You won't be as hot, and you'll have a better fit over all. Looking good though!

Yo. Is that your actual undersuit? I suggest getting some spandexy compression gear and trying it on with it to see how it fits and where it pinches. You stuff looks a little baggy. You side gaps may even come in a little too.

-Eric

No, just grabbed a black shirt and my softball pants, lol. Will have the undersuit delivered soon I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, you can win a lot of costume contests at Halloween. Until your co-workers boycott you coming back in it again the following year because it just isn't fair.

Nobody should wear a uniform to a costume contest...;-)

Also, you can win a lot of costume contests at Halloween. Until your co-workers boycott you coming back in it again the following year because it just isn't fair.

In my experience the girl wearing the slutty red riding hood costume usually wins those.

• Like 4

No, just grabbed a black shirt and my softball pants, lol. Will have the undersuit delivered soon I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get impatient, these worked really well for me, and are super cheap at $16 for top AND bottoms! :)

Men's Thermal Set, Lightweight Ultra Soft Fleece Shirt and Pants

Edited by kman

f914b4fbb55fc6dd9449b6e2732e2d1a.jpg

Pretty happy with the Anovos TK overall

You're not the first ANOVOS trooper I see with oversized biceps armors. I would suggest priying off the rear cover stripes and downsizing them a bit so they fit you better. Right now you can see they are too large.

f914b4fbb55fc6dd9449b6e2732e2d1a.jpg Pretty happy with the Anovos TK overall

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Came out nice - well done! Can't wait to see your EI thread.

• Like 2

I helped my friend and garrison mate finish his armor last week. He is on the left and his thigh armor wasn't strapped to the belt securely yet. so his thighs are just sitting. His belt is also not mounted yet at all.

24536297799_d742e99b10_c.jpg

• Like 4

You're not the first ANOVOS trooper I see with oversized biceps armors. I would suggest priying off the rear cover stripes and downsizing them a bit so they fit you better. Right now you can see they are too large.

Had no choice on the Bicep Armor bro.... Lol

d1dcb7a19c52debea614de6efa1d891f.jpg

Edited by EmpireJAG
  • Like 2

Had no choice on the Bicep Armor bro.... Lol

d1dcb7a19c52debea614de6efa1d891f.jpg

Forget blasters, you could probably get rid of those pesky rebels with your bare hands!!! Nice job on your armor man :) Edited by =Sv3=
  • Like 1

Had no choice on the Bicep Armor bro.... Lold1dcb7a19c52debea614de6efa1d891f.jpg

Hey fellow Swoletrooper...I've got the same issue as you. I think I'm going to actually have to cut height off my biceps because my shoulder muscles interfere with them getting high enough.
  • Like 1

A couple of random questions from my curious brain:<br><br>

Can anyone point me to the history of the Anovos sculpt, what armour/helmet is it based off?<br><br>

And, vacformed or injection moulded?

Vac formed, for sure.  I'll leave the rest to others...

General trimming question: is there some magic trick to getting straight lines on your pieces to make them easy to fit together for gluing? Or do I just really suck at cutting?

Here's one method: (it's a long post, but keep scrolling, and you'll see)

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/page-10#entry461326

General trimming question: is there some magic trick to getting straight lines on your pieces to make them easy to fit together for gluing? Or do I just really suck at cutting?

I've managed to get pretty straight with free hand score and snap or scissors so long as the line I was following was actually straight.

For stuff that I did a less than ideal job I used some small files and sand paper to smooth and level high spots by eye. If you look down the edge from a tight angle they stand out a mile and you can hand finish to very fast. 0.5mm is easy doing this but probably more than what's needed.

There's a couple methods as mentioned above, me, I prefer this bad boy. $120 on amazon and worth every penny.

Capture.jpg

• Like 4

FedEx bills are coming through to UK buyers. Got mine today and got stung for £92 ($130), so not looking quite the bargain that our US cousins got.<br>

What really upsets me is the fact the import costs seem almost random, I've seen some others' bills for £72, some for £86. <br>

Not quite sure of the logic behind it.