ANOVOS TK (discussion forum)

ukswrath

PSA:

Anovos just sent out a notification email about the shipping schedule for the soft goods (undersuit and gloves):

Here is the TENTATIVE schedule for order dispatch, although we do note that additional updates will be dispatched should changes occur:

Pre-Celebration Orders (April 12 to April 15, 2015): Shipments to begin between February 10 and February 15.

Celebration Orders (April 16 to April 19, 2015): Shipments to begin between February 15 and February 25.

Post-Celebration Orders to May 4, 2015: Shipments to begin between February 25 to March 5.

Tier 2 Orders, and Full MSRP Orders up to December 31 2015: Shipments slated during March 2016.

Note: To look-up your order date, please refer to your receipt as that will be the quickest way to know. It will be listed on there.

Which translated means that everyone stateside will get their soft goods in the next 2 weeks.

Ha, exactly :P I wasn't even expecting my armor until the end of this month, and I got it two weeks ago. Of course, only having nights to work on it, putting it together is another matter entirely; needless to say my soft goods will arrive in more than enough time either way :P

Edited by Obsidius

Looking at my commercial invoice the shipping is fully declared and looks like that part cost is $5 under declared. So I can only assume the soft parts will be declared at the remaining $5?

This was to the UK still waiting to see if I get a VAT and duty bill through. I am expecting one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I ordered from Master Replicas in the past, the TAX bill came some time later.  It was always a shock!

Can I ask when you placed your order?  I ordered April 20th and still not herd anything about dispatch.

I got mine yesterday and looked it over.  As this is my first armor kit, I thought it was nice...but the helmet will definitely need some love.  I'm going to give everything a good look over tonight/tomorrow.  I want to hold off on assembling as I would like to have a hard list of what mods I should do to hit Centurion level for 501st Approval (If you're going to do something, do it right and aim high).  

Is someone planning on making a thread that solidly outlines the mods that it would take to hit Centurion level or EIS and continuously update it as needed?

I'm also in the "Still waiting while reading every Anovos Build Thread I can find on here" camp.

Ordered on April 27, living in Columbus, Ohio.

I know it wasn't promised until between Feb 15 and March 1, so I'm trying to be patient.

But seeing everyone get started is leaving me really anxious to get started.

I got mine yesterday and looked it over.  As this is my first armor kit, I thought it was nice...but the helmet will definitely need some love.  I'm going to give everything a good look over tonight/tomorrow.  I want to hold off on assembling as I would like to have a hard list of what mods I should do to hit Centurion level for 501st Approval (If you're going to do something, do it right and aim high).  

Is someone planning on making a thread that solidly outlines the mods that it would take to hit Centurion level or EIS and continuously update it as needed?

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-buildis the thread you're looking for!

Hey there 501st and FISD, currently trying to decide to buy the ANOVOS ANH Hero armour as the full set, or the FO if it comes out soon enough, and recommendations as to which I should buy and what to expect from the armour if I choose to buy it

Jared, there are many, many things that I'd say should be considered in that regard.

For starters, which costume do you truly like better?  If it is the OT, then consider that not only has ANOVOS recently released 300 more costume kits for sale, but there are many other options for that costume here as well.

If it is the First Order Stormtrooper that you like better, it gets a little more complex.  For starters, it is (talking about the ANOVOS kit that will eventually see a sales thread on their site) a far more complex build, and will likely be far more expensive and incur far more waiting for you, as it is not even offered for sale to the public as of yet.

As for what to expect...  You can expect that if you build either of them properly - and if you hang out here, you know that we won't let you fail with a TK build of any kind - you will have the potential to literally change people's lives with it.  No exaggeration, no messing around here.  People (kids and adults alike) love to see these costumes, and the smiles and the joy that it brings to them in so many cases will change your life.  They're that kind of powerful. :D

Also, you can win a lot of costume contests at Halloween.  Until your co-workers boycott you coming back in it again the following year because it just isn't fair.

• Like 6

Perfect, thank you!  I'll definitely give that a look over and probably start trimming out my pieces tonight as I think most of the requirements come in the form of how it's put together, the gloves, belt, hand plates, etc.

I do have a few questions though.  In regards to "no return edges" does that mean that the pieces have to be flush?  The example being the left over material around the eyes on the Anovos helmet that really need to be trimmed down?  

Also, has anyone else's helmet had this issue?

IMG_6210.jpg IMG_6211.jpg

IMG_6212.jpg

I kinda felt that the rubber around the bottom of the helmet should have held up more than just one day before starting to come apart.  I think it's nothing that some super glue would fix though.  Otherwise, the adhesive for the velcro on the hard hat system in the hat is already coming undone.  I plan on replacing that with motorcycle padding or helmet padding of some sort as it doesn't provide a good fit right now as it is.

Edited by E_Palpatine

Perfect, thank you!  I'll definitely give that a look over and probably start trimming out my pieces tonight as I think most of the requirements come in the form of how it's put together, the gloves, belt, hand plates, etc.

I do have a few questions though.  In regards to "no return edges" does that mean that the pieces have to be flush?  The example being the left over material around the eyes on the Anovos helmet that really need to be trimmed down?  

Also, has anyone else's helmet had this issue?

IMG_6210.jpg IMG_6211.jpg

IMG_6212.jpg

I kinda felt that the rubber around the bottom of the helmet should have held up more than just one day before starting to come apart.  I think it's nothing that some super glue would fix though.  Otherwise, the adhesive for the velcro on the hard hat system in the hat is already coming undone.  I plan on replacing that with motorcycle padding or helmet padding of some sort as it doesn't provide a good fit right now as it is.

The spreading you see is due to the fact that they used S-shaped trim (which is screen accurate) and is to be expected, as for the hardhat band I just swapped that out for my ACH pads it made a big difference.

can anyone point me to or tell me what changes are needed for the helpmet to get lvl 3 if any?

Stunt - This still up for debate so don't quote me. Helmet areas that are up for discussion and possibly requiring updates:

1) Remove the eye return edge closest to the lens material

2) Remove paint overspray from around the frown (if any)

3) Reposition the tube stripes to a pencil width from the face (they're currently about 1/2"+)

In all reality these will most likely just end up being suggested fixes to make your armor look more accurate, but none of them are mentioned in the any CRL levels.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hero -

1) EIB and up - 3 bump ears 

2) EIB and up - two mounting screws

3) EIB and up - Green or Gray bubble lens

4) Basic and up - 6 teeth

Suggested fixes

5) Remove the eye return edge closest to the lens material

6) Remove paint overspray from around the frown (if any)

7) Reposition the tube stripes to a pencil width from the face (they're currently about 1/2"+)

steps_zpsl9paejef.png

legs_zpsjwbjvdft.png

I found this last night. I am only using the instructions to reference the correct parts number. Having the parts referenced incorrectly confused me for a moment. 

YEP!

Uh! I'll get back to you on that  ;)

Everything but the shins!

https://vimeo.com/155197515

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yo. Is that your actual undersuit? I suggest getting some spandexy compression gear and trying it on with it to see how it fits and where it pinches. You stuff looks a little baggy. You side gaps may even come in a little too. 

-Eric