ANOVOS TK (discussion forum)

ukswrath

Since we're on the topic of the belt, when you folks have a chance visit the gallery and check out the movie belt. It's a cross between the ANOVOS and Kittel belts, in other words neither one of these two suppliers are any more accurate then the other however, if the ANOVOS supplied belt looks like a sagging bra after it's installed we might recommend a change. If it doesn't then why change it? Just a thought

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/image/3156-dsc02493jpg/ 

• Like 4

Since we're on the topic of the belt, when you folks have a chance visit the gallery and check out the movie belt. It's a cross between the ANOVOS and Kittel belts, in other words neither one of these two suppliers are any more accurate then the other however, if the ANOVOS supplied belt looks like a sagging bra after it's installed we might recommend a change. If it doesn't then why change it? Just a thought

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/image/3156-dsc02493jpg/

Because of these damned 4 Chicago Screws for the holster. If it wasn't for the requirement of there only being 2 (even though there is precedence onscreen for 4 on a Stunt) nobody would complain. I'd just reinforce it on the inside and be happy. But as the CRL is formulated, it's just not approvable, even on lowest level. :(

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well the armor setup was intended for Hero 501st basic. The ANOVOS belt is fine for that and that's all the novices need to know. Not everyone is interested in L2 or L3.

Stunt is whole other subject.

I haven't received my kit yet, but I'm thinking about cutting some fabric from behind the ammo belt. This can be used to cover the two holes from behind. The belt itself can be reinforced by attaching a stiffer fabric on the inside. Removing the screws probably will leave some marks, but I guess this can be ironed out.

I haven't received my kit yet, but I'm thinking about cutting some fabric from behind the ammo belt. This can be used to cover the two holes from behind. The belt itself can be reinforced by attaching a stiffer fabric on the inside. Removing the screws probably will leave some marks, but I guess this can be ironed out.

Yeah, I haven't decided yet, as I don't have my kit yet.

The choice of either modifying (covering the holes and strengthening the belt) or replacing (bought on the net or sewn by my mom) is left open until I can actually get to see and feel the one they ship.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm advising anyone who asks me about the frown to take some mineral spirits to the teeth, find some Testor's 1138 (Gray) and repaint the frown. Not only is there the overspray, but the frown is darker gray than the rest of the details on the bucket and it is more matte in finish than the rest of them as well.

Has anyone repainted the frown yet? I'm curious how it looks and if there were any issues doing it.

Can people post their thermal detonator control panel (face plate) dimensions please, width and length? Note: Dimensions after removing the return edge at the ends.

Thanks

I removed the frown with a lacquer thinner, Mr. Color, it came off pretty easy. I haven't taken any close ups yet, its kinda hard to tell, but there is the repainted version on the second picture. I think I got it right, but I think I may have gone a bit too far on top and bottom.

535344_591944794286312_73452975625120184

12662000_593629240784534_514342166204720

• Like 2

post-18659-0-27014900-1454474013_thumb.jpgAlright... This is the first try-on. I've gotten most of the parts glued, all the inner velcro inserted/glued, and was a little anxious to see how it fit so far. Lots of adjustments I can already see, but I thought this was a great place to share my progress on my first build...

Side note... I've got my EFX ANH Hero helmet on. ( I have the anovos one in pieces right now.) Nonetheless......

Any advice or whatever is pleasantly welcomed. >_<

• Like 2

After taking off everything I noticed the loop side of the velcro adhered via e6000 was very hit & miss with what stayed on the abs. Any suggestions on how to remedy this? 

After taking off everything I noticed the loop side of the velcro adhered via e6000 was very hit & miss with what stayed on the abs. Any suggestions on how to remedy this? 

I'm not a huge fan of the velcro suspension/strapping systems that was supplied. Unless you want a whole heap of issues I suggest you ditch it and go with snaps or other.

• Like 1

Almost finished with cutting armor so I haven't yet started the strapping, but from the packages it seems that the rigging system is a combo of straps and velcro. Is there enough velcro to constitute changing to snaps? Would it be a problem that is

Almost finished with cutting armor so I haven't yet started the strapping, but from the packages it seems that the rigging system is a combo of straps and velcro. Is there enough velcro to constitute changing to snaps? Would it be a problem that is

I've got everything velcro-ed as the instructions say, and I have 18.5 inches left over. I'm not sure if that helps your question at all..

I removed the frown with a lacquer thinner, Mr. Color, it came off pretty easy. I haven't taken any close ups yet, its kinda hard to tell, but there is the repainted version on the second picture. I think I got it right, but I think I may have gone a bit too far on top and bottom.

Is the thinner enamel or acrylic based?

I've also seen someone used rubbing alcohol on the Facebook group, as a non American is this the same as Isopropyl Alcohol?

Is the thinner enamel or acrylic based?

I've also seen someone used rubbing alcohol on the Facebook group, as a non American is this the same as Isopropyl Alcohol?

It's Isopropanol Alcohol, yes.

• Like 1

Side note... I've got my EFX ANH Hero helmet on. ( I have the anovos one in pieces right now.) Nonetheless......

Any advice or whatever is pleasantly welcomed. >_<

Hum, I don't know... Ditch that ugly EFX helmet? Please? Because that pink chair right next to you is more beautiful than it.

• Like 2