ANOVOS TK (discussion forum)

ukswrath

I hate a no voting electoral system. Now try to ask me to leave Tony :D. And I know I'm weak, I didn't manage to squeeze in the "s". It's harder than what it seems to find a word beginning by "vos".

More seriously about your "kidney issues". Like Paul and others have already said, the shape is actually okay, and the melted edge has no real impact because this edge is going to be removed with the trimming, as you don't need very much of a return edge on the sides.

Ah hahaha nice 

Yea I just trimmed it down, no worries.

Anovos / RS comparison

Thanks Rich

I'd like to see the Anovos and RS Props side by side in person (un-assembled kits of course)

Tony, we gotta arrange a date in the future to do a comparison photo shoot (just for kicks).    :smiley-sw013:

Sounds good

While trimming my armor I have been noticing that the plastic is fairly thick. With some parts I have been having issues with the score and snap (luckily I grabbed some tin snips).

That's good news

While trimming my armor I have been noticing that the plastic is fairly thick. With some parts I have been having issues with the score and snap (luckily I grabbed some tin snips).

How are the tin snips on trimming out the curved areas?

Nothing concrete to add just yet, because I have not handled this kit. Yet. Tomorrow evening, I'll have an ANOVOS Kit, an AM 2.0 kit, and my completed RT-Mod all on hand for the purpose of reviewing/comparing them side by side. The focus will be the two kits, but the RT will be there for anything crazy that we want a third comparison of.

• Like 5

How are the tin snips on trimming out the curved areas?

As long as you take it slow and be careful it isn't too much of a problem, mind you some parts are more annoying to trim than others (I swear I am still having flashbacks from the sniper plate). An annoying thing I have found though is that on some bits the cut line all but disappears unless you happen to get the shadows to cast themselves just right while praying to the great old ones (I find that either Cthulhu or Azathoth works best).

• Like 4

Nothing concrete to add just yet, because I have not handled this kit. Yet. Tomorrow evening, I'll have an ANOVOS Kit, an AM 2.0 kit, and my completed RT-Mod all on hand for the purpose of reviewing/comparing them side by side. The focus will be the two kits, but the RT will be there for anything crazy that we want a third comparison of.

Not the best two kits to compare to, since both are fan made and will be very different from anovos armor. You will notice right away how much more wonky anovos is than both of them.

Nothing concrete to add just yet, because I have not handled this kit. Yet. Tomorrow evening, I'll have an ANOVOS Kit, an AM 2.0 kit, 

Is it an AM2.0 with NE parts? Because that could be quite interesting then. To compare what is actually the same armour with different level of sanitising.

I'd like to see the Anovos and RS Props side by side in person (un-assembled kits of course)

Tony, we gotta arrange a date in the future to do a comparison photo shoot (just for kicks).    :smiley-sw013:

I have both an RS ABS kit and an ANOVOS kit, both in the untrimmed state...but I also have a wife that doesn't know that I have two kits.  :blush:

If I can find an "opportunity" to lay both kits out for some pictures, I will.

• Like 1

I have both an RS ABS kit and an ANOVOS kit, both in the untrimmed state...but I also have a wife that doesn't know that I have two kits.  :blush:

If I can find an "opportunity" to lay both kits out for some pictures, I will.

Side by side pictures would be fantastic if you could pull that off. :duim:

Tony asked me to post about using padding as an alternative with this helmet so here you go! For those of you that don't prefer the hard hat liner helmet mount option, something a lot of us do is to mount helmet pads inside. They're great because they velcro on so it's very easy to put on, try it, adjust, repeat, etc. I immediately removed the liner on this new one and put these in and the helmet sits really nicely without being loose or tight.

20160127_060448_zps4ewv5and.jpg

a4e5c1b7-60ff-48ce-b5b7-45c74b797c47_zps

• Like 8

Not the best two kits to compare to, since both are fan made and will be very different from anovos armor. You will notice right away how much more wonky anovos is than both of them.

Well, they just so happen to be the two that will be on hand for side by side comparisons with known/familiar kits.  Trust me, I didn't go out of my way or by any of them for the purpose of making a comparison to the ANOVOS kit.   ;)

Is it an AM2.0 with NE parts? Because that could be quite interesting then. To compare what is actually the same armour with different level of sanitising.

I'm unsure about that.  It is simply a recently purchased AM 2.0 kit.  

EDIT: Yes it is with NE parts.

The MiCH padding system is what I use for my helmet as well.  As Clint said above, they are incredibly easy to install and make adjustments to as needed.

Here is a WIP picture of my helmet following the initial installation of the padding system:

11078124_947131991975405_717587777377529

• Like 4

The MiCH padding system is what I use for my helmet as well. As Clint said above, they are incredibly easy to install and make adjustments to as needed.

Here is a WIP picture of my helmet following the initial installation of the padding system:

11078124_947131991975405_717587777377529

That looks like a huge step up over the default helmet setup. Do you have both fans and speakers in there or am I seeing things?

• Like 1

That looks like a huge step up over the default helmet setup. Do you have both fans and speakers in there or am I seeing things?

Fans, speakers, voice board, microphone. LoL. Yeah, a little bit of an upgrade. :)

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Armour kits are not approved. Final appearance of the costume is approved.

Let me rephrase that. Would this be the beginning of answering the question we all have been asking, can the Anovos kit satisfy the CRL requirements with the necessary mods. Are there other mods that will need to be done? etc.

For basic approval, yes. If you change the things needed for anh stunt and the other things needed for hero, or use the belt as esb and built it to that, and it fits you and doesnt look like weasels running inside a plastic sack, yea. Eib or higher? Mayhaps.

Let me rephrase that. Would this be the beginning of answering the question we all have been asking, can the Anovos kit satisfy the CRL requirements with the necessary mods. Are there other mods that will need to be done? etc.

While things could change as his build is not 100% done, ukswrath has listed the changes needed for the Anovos armor in his build thread (quote edited for clarity and relevance):

Time for another build. In this tutorial I'll be building the ANOVOS TK armor as ANH Stunt.

Though the kit appears to have all the necessary components for 501st basic approval I'll be changing a few things in hopes of making it Centurion (L3) level acceptable.

Areas that will be changed: NOTE: These changes are NOT required for 501st basic approval

A. The kit includes velcro and snaps for the internal strapping which I'll be switching out for brackets and straps provided by Mr. No Stripes. Note: The included velcro and snaps appear to be Centurion acceptable except for the chest to back connections.

B. The kit includes black elastic for the chest to back connection which I'll be switching out for white, a Centurion requirement.

C. The kit includes velcro to connect the shoulder bell strap to the chest to back strap. I'll be using a Dritz #10 sew in snap. NOT a Centurion requirement

D. The kit includes philips head screws for the TD brackets which I'll be replacing with slotted pan head screws, NOT a Centurion requirement but recommended

E. The kit includes velcro for the rear calf connection which I'll be replacing with the elastic and bra hooks set up, NOT a Centurion requirement

F. The kit includes ABS hand guards which will be switched out for Latex style, a Centurion requirement

I'm sure this list will build, stay tuned

He later notes that the stock Anovos belt will not fly. (probably)

Offhand, it's looking more and more like the Anovos kit is 99% good to go out of the box (assuming it's put together to spec) with the exception of the belt FOR BASIC APPROVAL of ANH Stunt TK. The only changes necessary for Centurion TK (Stunt) are:

1) Belt (of course) (replacement should use 2 connectors instead of 4)

2) Black elastic for the chest to back connection must be switched out for white

3) ABS hand guards must will be switched out for Latex style (also Anovos cloth gloves should be swapped for rubber)

Unless I've missed something (and I've been hitting these threads pretty hard) that's about it, for necessary changes.

Edited by kman
  • Like 4

While things could change as his build is not 100% done, ukswrath has listed the changes needed for the Anovos armor in his build thread (quote edited for clarity and relevance):

He later notes that the stock Anovos belt will not fly.

Offhand, it's looking more and more like the Anovos kit is 99% good to go out of the box (assuming it's put together to spec) with the exception of the belt FOR BASIC APPROVAL of ANH Stunt TK. The only changes necessary for Centurion TK (Stunt) are:

1) Belt (of course) (replacement should use 2 connectors instead of 4)

2) Black elastic for the chest to back connection must be switched out for white

3) ABS hand guards must will be switched out for Latex style (also Anovos cloth gloves should be swapped for rubber)

Unless I've missed something (and I've been hitting these threads pretty hard) that's about it, for necessary changes.

To be precise I state, "Waist Belt (I'm pretty certain the ANOVOS belt will not fly IMO....". I also state even further on regarding the belt, "The jury is still out to lunch". It all depends on if I can made the mods needed without damaging it ;) 

Let's no panic people, we have a ways to go.  :D

• Like 4

To be precise I state, "Waist Belt (I'm pretty certain the ANOVOS belt will not fly IMO....". I also state even further on regarding the belt, "The jury is still out to lunch". It all depends on if I can made the mods needed without damaging it ;)

Let's no panic people, we have a ways to go. :D

PANIC?! WHO'S PANICKING?!!! :P

Mine just arrived this morning. Can't wait to get out of work and see it for myself, that way I can stop bugging y'all.

Let's no panic people, we have a ways to go.  :D

Fair enough, although I did state up front that I had paraphrased and edited for clarity, just for the record. :)

But yeah, nobody's panicking... I'm celebrating!  Seems like the one piece that seems most likely to cause issues is also the one piece that lots of people are gonna replace anyway, since, let's be real, the stock Anovos belt kinda sucks, whether it can be made just barely good enough or not. ;)  And since that limp noodle of a belt can be replaced for under $40 for a killer, professionally made one, that's a win, in my book. :D

Considering the absurdly low price for these, my one true concern at this point is re longevity, due to the thinner plastic that seems prone to tearing.  But it's likely to be a little while before we can come to any real conclusions on that front.

Many thanks to your excellent work in your build thread.  Now, get back to it!  I'm nearly caught up with you! LOL

Fair enough, although I did state up front that I had paraphrased and edited for clarity, just for the record. :)

But yeah, nobody's panicking... I'm celebrating!  Seems like the one piece that seems most likely to cause issues is also the one piece that lots of people are gonna replace anyway, since, let's be real, the stock Anovos belt kinda sucks, whether it can be made just barely good enough or not. ;)  And since that limp noodle of a belt can be replaced for under $40 for a killer, professionally made one, that's a win, in my book. :D

Considering the absurdly low price for these, my one true concern at this point is re longevity, due to the thinner plastic that seems prone to tearing.  But it's likely to be a little while before we can come to any real conclusions on that front.

Many thanks to your excellent work in your build thread.  Now, get back to it!  I'm nearly caught up with you! LOL

:D

On it!

• Like 1