ANOVOS TK (discussion forum)

ukswrath

Alright folks this thread is so the FISD community can discuss the good and the not so good aspects of the new armor. I'd like to see this thread be an area where everyone can come together and politely and constructively ask/answer questions, talk about construction / processing (manufacturing) issues that may arise and how to deal with it, and anything else we need to talk about.

Warning! If your sole purpose is to come in here and wage a "I HATE ANOVOS " campaign you will be asked to leave.  

Let's begin.

• Like 5

In Tony's build thread, he posted pictures of the kidney plate and one of the biceps that looked "droopy" for lack of a better word... like it was still soft when it was taken off the form, and allowed to melt further as it cooled.

Have any other Anovos builders noticed this? If so, just on the same parts, or on different parts? Have pictures?

Alright some of you may be following my build thread and know I'm have a couple concerns with possible oddly shaped areas and melted and/or paper thin areas. Here's a couple pics. Is anyone else having similar issues?

Melted?

IMG_5975.jpg

The heavy bend in the left side Kidney is normal

IMG_5984d.jpg

Melted?

IMG_5886c.jpg

• Like 1

In Tony's build thread, he posted pictures of the kidney plate and one of the biceps that looked "droopy" for lack of a better word... like it was still soft when it was taken off the form, and allowed to melt further as it cooled.

Have any other Anovos builders noticed this? If so, just on the same parts, or on different parts? Have pictures?

You're too fast for me haha

• Like 1

I will be able to compare it with mine when it arrives tomorrow (I can see it now I am going to be spending all of my morning class with visions of TKs dancing in my head).

The original ANH kidney plate has a deep curve on the left hand side only.

------------

The original ANH biceps are not as curved as the Anovos but do match the biceps of the armour it was cast from.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 3

So does the right side of the kidney have that deep curve Tony? Or is it like what Paul said? That's why he is a master...

Only the left as seen in the pic Paul provided above, and yes you are correct Troopermaster

So I have finished trimming my kit. I have nearly every issue you have brought up so far. Over all my only real complaint is how thin (and inconsistently so) the material they used is. Pretty worried about durability. 

Yes

RS has that same heavy bend on the bicep, also screen accurate checkout the NE vs RS thread same bend.

Here is some proof, RS is on the left. I just think most people are not use to screen used armor, so more complaints will come in about the armor being wonky when its supposed to be. good thing we have a thread to debunk these things.

http://s168.photobucket.com/user/terrellrguard/media/FISD/DSCF2091_zps24301c99.jpg.html

Edited by CRISTONAMO
  • Like 3

RS has that same heavy bend on the bicep, also screen accurate checkout the NE vs RS thread same bend.

Here is some proof, RS is on the left. I just think most people are not use to screen used armor, so more complaints will come in about the armor being wonky when its supposed to be. good thing we have a thread to debunk these things.

http://s168.photobucket.com/user/terrellrguard/media/FISD/DSCF2091_zps24301c99.jpg.html

Thanks for the comparison pics Criston

Not sure if its relevant, but I seem to remember ANOVOS making SOME adjustments in the arm area to ensure more comfortable trooping... (they posted pictures of Shadow armor on their FB) Could this be one of those adjustments?

Good question JJ let's see what we can find out

Still waiting for my armour but so far that only thing I've seen that worries me is that bit that looks melted. However in your case how much of that will be removed to get the return edge down a bit?

The other item I'd like to discuss is has anyone attempted to remove the stickers for the traps or tube stripes yet to allow hand painting? I've seen people say they should come off but none actually removed yet.

Since I have not handled this armour I cannot say how good or bad the plastic is. I know a lot of people worry about thin plastic and as long as it is flexible, it should be fine. I prefer my 1.5mm flexible ABS over my rigid 2mm ABS any day of the week, but that is just my preference.

With regards to the kidney plate edges being paper thin, that is down to the shape of the part. The plastic does thin down quite a lot in this area, but I read that Anovos was supposed to be using two different gauges of ABS to cope with larger and smaller parts?

Warning! If your sole purpose is to come in here and wage a "I HATE ANOVOS " campaign you will be asked to leave.  

Let's begin.

Also, if you're going to be coming here to say "I'm worried about my Anovos armour, it's not symmetrical" .... I suggest you go and watch Star Wars. It was this cool sci-fi movie from the late 70's.

;)

Thanks for the thread. It should be useful.

• Like 7

I hate a no voting electoral system. Now try to ask me to leave Tony :D. And I know I'm weak, I didn't manage to squeeze in the "s". It's harder than what it seems to find a word beginning by "vos".

More seriously about your "kidney issues". Like Paul and others have already said, the shape is actually okay, and the melted edge has no real impact because this edge is going to be removed with the trimming, as you don't need very much of a return edge on the sides.

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 1

I hate a no voting electoral system. Now try to ask me to leave Tony :D. And I know I'm weak, I didn't manage to squeeze in the "s". 

Easier in Spanish: ano vos (look it up ;-) )

• Like 3

I'd like to see the Anovos and RS Props side by side in person (un-assembled kits of course)

Tony, we gotta arrange a date in the future to do a comparison photo shoot (just for kicks).    :smiley-sw013:

• Like 2

While trimming my armor I have been noticing that the plastic is fairly thick. With some parts I have been having issues with the score and snap (luckily I grabbed some tin snips).