HWT Pack - V2.0

TKDanYoung

Hey all!!

Last year I got my HWT approved, unfortunately it was using a TD pack. SO I SOLD IT!!! It's gone now, and I just ordered all of my parts to begin a new build based on the Battlefront version.

I'll be updating my progress here as parts come in, but it's a pleasure to be back and get the armor back in action. I've been rocking Chewbacca since late last year and I am excited to get my HWT back up to snuff for summer!

Way to go Danny!  I wish they would update the HWT CRL and get rid of that Godawful pack shown in the main photo, as it is so misleading!  Please tell me that you are going with the traditional approved pack as shown in the lower photos of the CRL.  There are a few rogues that have invented their own versions, which, while cool, are not 501st approved.  (I guess I am sort of a stickler for tradition and continuity).  I think it would be great if more HWTs applied for EIB and Centurion status.. (there really should be more than 3 of us).

Edited by justjoseph63

Way to go Danny! I wish they would update the HWT CRL and get rid of that Godawful pack shown in the main photo, as it is so misleading! Please tell me that you are going with the traditional approved pack as shown in the lower photos of the CRL. There are a few rogues that have invented their own versions, which, while cool, are not 501st approved. (I guess I am sort of a stickler for tradition and continuity). I think it would be great if more HWTs applied for EIB and Centurion status.. (there really should be more than 3 of us).

I'm working on it Joseph...lol I would love to get centurion status. I do have to get my armor first though. Do you have any sources for packs? I've been in contact with Dirty Boy but I don't know yet if he does HWT packs. I finally found a comparison pic of the TD pack and HWT pack and now notice there are alot of differences.

You should think about building your own if you have the time, Paul!  The two tutorials I used were from Charles (Templar726) and Tony (ukswrath).  I sort of "mashed" the 2 builds, as there are great ideas in both.  The total cost was less than $60.00, (the most expensive things were the plastic containers), and I had a blast doing it!  Just be sure that it ends up looking like the one in the lower photo in the CRL.  There have been some "rogue" packs built as of late, and while they look really cool, they can not be approved for HWT.

Here are the links to Charles' and Tony's build threads:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30222-templars-hwt-pack-build/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30034-hwt-backpack-build-part-1/