DLT-19 3D Model

wizardofflight

Ok it has been 10 years since I did the 2D drawing for this blaster, I figure it is about time I converted them to 3D. These drawings have developed a life of their own, I am finding them all over the net.  But I can only remember sending the CAD file to 3 people and those files were never posted by me.  Just amazing.

Here is what I have so far.  The plan is to use 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" PVC pipe for the barrel sections, the rest will be solid models that hopefully can be printed out.  I confess I do not own a 3D printer so while the models will be water tight solids, they may need some work to get them to print properly.  

The STL files will be posted along with hole pattern templates for the PVC barrel sections.

As always let me know what you think.

Alan

Here is the link to STL File for the part I have so far.  if you have any issues please let me know.  If you print these post pics.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5WkhXlFJ3zgOF9vTTQ0RGNhams

post-17695-0-90347500-1453834740_thumb.jpg

post-17695-0-90722700-1453841202_thumb.jpg

Edited by wizardofflight
  • Like 5

Having a 3D model to print these from will be a great asset to the Empire! I would love to try putting one of these together if you get the chance to complete the files. Keep up the super work. Super talented!

Ok I have finished tweaking and I'm getting ready to post these parts, figured I'd do it an batches so I can get feedback on their usability. 

So I need to know from all you 3D printer folks should the parts be put in to separate STL files or just lumped into one big file?

Alan

post-17695-0-40113200-1454351872_thumb.jpg

Edited by wizardofflight
  • Like 1