FOTK Vinyl Pauldrons Final Prototype

TK4205

Update 3/3/17

Final product. About as screen accurate as you can get, without knowing what was actually used. 

Built in magets hold it in place. Durable but easy on your painted armor. Made of vinyl, with an EVA core. Light, sturdy and durable.

Email ImperialGaskets@gmail.com 

$125 + shipping

7SG2qhQ.jpg

Fu1uOWr.jpg

KTCnSCa.jpg

Update.

This is the final prototype, ready to wear. I will post in the appropriate location when I am ready to take orders. 

Mi89jeA.jpg

• Like 2

I like the texture on that!

Would you like to demo this thing, Camp? It will be black, for that is the only color of tint that I have right now. Just shoot me your address.

After acquiring new reference, I am redrawing my pattern. I should have my prototype posted up in a few days. I think the texture is an exact match, but I'll let Camp tell us what he thinks.

I've seen a few hi res shots and I'm not finding sewn together parts like we see in the originals. Anybody got any ideas of what they used? 

hmmm... Well I thought the authoritative tone I used would sound convincing enough - oh well.

Seriously now.... I did get from a reliable source that they are actually made from the same ingredients used in starburst candy and are gluten free to boot.

Edited by Vertex
  • Like 1

I found a color match, with the help of two interior designers, two professional painters (three counting myself), my buddy at the paint store and we all agreed, based on all reference available, that the best match is Glidden DUO BASE #GLB3013 "Old Glory Red". Reference used was toys, screen shots, advertising and box tops. It also happens to be the same color in our FOTK challenge coin. I love the name Old Glory, though the name had nothing to do with the choice. I found that out on my printout. I tinted my own home brew paint because I have a buddy at the paint shop. You can find a color swatch at home depot, walmart, or wherever Gidden is sold.

Here is a color test. It's sloppy and uneven. It's just a test to see if my product will work. Not sure how this looks on your screen, but this color rocks. 

post-3-0-11281900-1454216877_thumb.jpg

Final product 

In hand, you wouldn't guess the material. Magnets are made in to the collar.

XSuSnUH.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021