HWT Pack...antenna or no antenna?

The Muffin Man

Hi..<br>

I'm working on my pack as I'm waiting for my suit kit to be delivered....In my research I'm seeing some HWT packs with antennas but in the screen captures of the BF2 packs I've seen, they don't seem to have them. I like the look of the antenna but I want to make sure I get approved on my first submission. Should I leave it off since I don't see an antenna in the CRL? Thoughts?...and thanks in advance!

I went with the antenna, and it worked out well  . 

Edited by justjoseph63

Now I'm more confused because when looking at the CRL, the model wearing the suit at the top of the page doesn't seem to have the antenna but when you scroll down the page to the pack by itself, then it does. Are both being approved then? Sorry for all my newbie questions but I just want to get it right....Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The HWT Pack in the new CRL is one of my builds. It's actually an older one. I have since tightened up my specs to be even more accurate to what's seen in the game. <br>

There are no antennas on the game pack. I always liked the look of it on my builds and offered it as an option. <br>

I make it so that it is removable. You can simply unscrew it from the base for submission photos.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I am working on an HWT right now and I have a backpack that has no antenna (I bought it from a guy who makes packs). The image at the TOP of the CRL has no antenna, but the image of the BACKPACK shows an antenna... adding to the confusion, the text says, "Backpack must be styled after and closely matches the backpack seen in the Battlefront series as seen in reference photos. No video monitors, extra greeblies. lights of any sort or attachments not seen in photos can be visible." So this is a worthless post and I've accomplished nothing by responding.

The area is still very grey. I think the best thing is to email your local guy doing approvals and find out which he would prefer. Some are more stringent than others.

I would leave the antenna off, Adam.  It is not seen in the game that the costume is based off of, and the CRL should be changed to reflect this.  In the past, they were an option, and I actually had one on my pack but removed it.  There are also a few more changes that will should be made to the HWT CRL shortly.  PM me for more details...