Ukswrath's ANOVOS TK build (stunt)

ukswrath

Takes about 60 seconds with a hand saw if you go slow. ;)

(and the cap hides the end so it needn't be perfect!

That's true! I just don't have anywhere to cut the pipe. I could do it with a vice and a table, but unfortunately I currently have neither of those things.

Well my only qualm about it was that I'm personally not well-equipped to cut any kind of pipe, but I know where I can get access to the hardware to do that. So I'll just make arrangements and get that done on a later date.

Thank you both very much! I've got to get a build thread started so I can stop just posting on your build, Tony  :laugh1:

No worries Tomas that's what were here for.

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

Alex here. Pretty new to the community. I just recently bought my first ever armor kit from ANOVOS, and I'm super excited to start building once it arrives. I've been perusing ukswrath's guide here, which I think we can all agree is pretty spectacular. While I'm waiting for my kit to show up, I decided to copy and paste all of ukswrath's posts into a Word document in order to create a single, comprehensive guide. I also did some formatting (including a table of contents) to try to make it look nice. I attached a first draft for you all to check out (both as a PDF and a Word document). Any feedback would be much appreciated! Maybe it's just me, but I think it'll be super handy to have a PDF on my iPad while I'm building so I don't have to browse through forum posts.

And thanks again to ukswrath for all of his hard work!

Here's the link to the Word document (the formatting will inevitably get a little messed up, but the raw material is there): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-d8yBFyd0CgY25VY25SNk1xZFE
  • Like 8

Hey everyone,

Alex here. Pretty new to the community. I just recently bought my first ever armor kit from ANOVOS, and I'm super excited to start building once it arrives. I've been perusing ukswrath's guide here, which I think we can all agree is pretty spectacular. While I'm waiting for my kit to show up, I decided to copy and paste all of ukswrath's posts into a Word document in order to create a single, comprehensive guide. I also did some formatting (including a table of contents) to try to make it look nice. I attached a first draft for you all to check out (both as a PDF and a Word document). Any feedback would be much appreciated! Maybe it's just me, but I think it'll be super handy to have a PDF on my iPad while I'm building so I don't have to browse through forum posts.

Here's the link to the PDF: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-d8yBFyd0CgWGtmSWx6ZHRjbFE

Here's the link to the Word document (the formatting will inevitably get a little messed up, but the raw material is there): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-d8yBFyd0CgY25VY25SNk1xZFE

Wow, great work! I'd been planning to do something like this, but the sheer size was making be drag my feet. Procrastination saves me work yet again! LOL

THANK YOU.

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

Outstanding!  Thank you!

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

Excellent addition to a fantastic build thread.  Thank you Alex and thank you Tony.

My only suggestion is that we should get a copy of the PDF link on the first page if we can for anyone just starting to read through this.

• Like 4

Excellent addition to a fantastic build thread. Thank you Alex and thank you Tony.

My only suggestion is that we should get a copy of the PDF link on the first page if we can for anyone just starting to read through this.

This is a thing of beauty!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent addition to a fantastic build thread. Thank you Alex and thank you Tony.

This is a thing of beauty!!

Good point, in the works

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

that pdf is a thing of beauty!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Well everyone can thank Alex (aka harris.adp) he did a fabulous job.  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Like 2

Hi Tony,

I'm having great difficulty locating 3/16" elastic for the shoulder straps.  I've been to Michael's, Hobby Lobby and checked Amazon.  Do you have a link you could share?

Thank you!

Chris

• Like 1

Hi Tony,

I'm having great difficulty locating 3/16" elastic for the shoulder straps. I've been to Michael's, Hobby Lobby and checked Amazon. Do you have a link you could share?

Thank you!

Chris

I have like 2' of it doing nothing in a drawer. Do you want me to send you a foot of it? PM me your address and I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow! No charge.

Jim - TK50899

• Like 1

I have like 2' of it doing nothing in a drawer. Do you want me to send you a foot of it? PM me your address and I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow! No charge.

Jim - TK50899

Hey Jim!

Just sent a PM to you.  THANKS!!!

• Like 1

Hi Tony,

I'm having great difficulty locating 3/16" elastic for the shoulder straps.  I've been to Michael's, Hobby Lobby and checked Amazon.  Do you have a link you could share?

Thank you!

Chris

In case things don't work out between you and Jim

https://www.amazon.com/Dritz-9336W-Stretch-Elastic-8-Inch/dp/B004KZ122G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1469470580&sr=8-3&keywords=1%2F8%22+elastic+white

• Like 2

That's true! I just don't have anywhere to cut the pipe. I could do it with a vice and a table, but unfortunately I currently have neither of those things.

If it's PVC just hold it. A hacksaw will go through it like butter.
  • Like 1

Amazon might be a bit faster but mines at the low, low price of $Free.99!!

Jim - TK50899

• Like 2

Ukswrath - is it 1/4 all around for the hand guards? They definitely are fairly thick in size especially the bottom part (closest to wrist) how would you suggest I go about this? Just sand it down or should I trim carefully with my exacto. Thank you!

Ukswrath - is it 1/4 all around for the hand guards? They definitely are fairly thick in size especially the bottom part (closest to wrist) how would you suggest I go about this? Just sand it down or should I trim carefully with my exacto. Thank you!

lol no problem Gmo. Well if at any point you plan on applying for the Centurion accuracy level you'll need to replace the plastic had guards with flexible versions, just a FYI. The plastic supplied by Anovos are not accurate anyways so 3/8" or so should be fine, it doesn't have to be accurate.