Ukswrath's ANOVOS TK build (stunt)

ukswrath

Sooooo, apparently I forgot to post the bicep to belt strap retaining clip assembly as one of my fellow garrison mates pointed out. If anyone is interested I'll go back at post it in the Bicep assembly area or if no one cares I'll skip it. Either way I'm fine 

IMG_7279.jpg

• Like 1

Sooooo, apparently I forgot to post the bicep to belt strap retaining clip assembly as one of my fellow garrison mates pointed out. If anyone is interested I'll go back at post it in the Bicep assembly area or if no one cares I'll skip it. Either way I'm fine

Please do post it if you don't mind. This thread is my go to as I finally start my assembly process.

• Like 2

Bicep hook install is up. Scroll to the middle of the section

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/?p=464978

Safe to assume you had some scrap material from another project laying around that you used for those hooks?  None of the scrap from my Anovos armor appears to be thick enough to make a good hook, unless I want to start sandwiching layers.

Safe to assume you had some scrap material from another project laying around that you used for those hooks?  None of the scrap from my Anovos armor appears to be thick enough to make a good hook, unless I want to start sandwiching layers.

Nope none  :laugh1: jk. Unfortunately none of the cut off scrap from the initial trimming deemed worthy to use as hooks so yes I have ample piles of scrap plastic lying around from other builds. If this were an actual requirement Anovos would have supplied it  :duim:

Nope none  :laugh1: jk. Unfortunately none of the cut off scrap from the initial trimming deemed worthy to use as hooks so yes I have ample piles of scrap plastic lying around from other builds. If this were an actual requirement Anovos would have supplied it  :duim:

Suuuuure they would have. ;)

I just made mine from leftover cover strip material meant for the back of the shins. Did a test fit and it worked great!

\m/

HAHA awesome. Proved me wrong hahahaha  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

I would like to extend my gratitude and thanks for all the time and knowledge you have put into this thread. My basic approval just came through this morning. TK23303 reporting for service.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

What a build....thank you for posting such in depth photos...I'm FINALLY going to start getting back into building my ATA TK armor, I've done some trimming but that's all...taking way too long.....my question, even though mine is an ATA, I can still use this as the guide to follow and build mine, right?  

No problem. It's pretty much the same with the exception you won't be dealing with item location numbers and such.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Now where is the in depth helmet build?! :D

HAHA you can blame Anovos for that however, I do have a rebuild of the helmet, almost as good a s build minus the initial trimming.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/?p=475530

• Like 1

Lens time. 

I mounted my lens as seen here in this reference pic. Not entirely sure of its accurate but l use the same technique in all my buckets and it works excellent.

gallery_12157_59_75873.jpg

Long story short center your lens material, firmly pres against the ear screws leaving a dimple in the material. Drill the dimpled area with the same screw size, in my case 3/16". Install lens.

IMG_7450.jpgIMG_7452.jpgIMG_7448.jpg 

After a fitment my trooper complained about the lens material sitting on his nose. Using a sharpie I traced out the eye sockets and around the mounting holes then did some trimming.

IMG_7451.jpg

After

IMG_7453.jpg

Hi Tony - can I ask.. what are you cutting your lens material with.? Is that the original Anovos lens strip or something new.? It (the Anovos lens) looks like thick perspex - i thought it was going to be some kind of thick film material I could cut with scissors or a blade.. but its way too thick and rigid for that.

• Like 1

Hey Tony, yea the material from Anovos is pretty thick. I used a dremel for the primary/raw trimming then a sander for rounding everything off.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Is it recommended to trim the back shoulder extensions to match?<br>

I've got 59mm on one side and 66mm on the other.

Hey Robert if you're referring to the connection point the front and back plates, you can leave them at the trim lines or trim as needed. There is no exact measurement for this area.  ;)

Should we be concerned at all with cracking when cutting with the dermal?

I've never had an issue with cracking with any armor using a dremel. That said and for the record, I'm not saying to use a dremel, I'm only responding to a question of what I use personally. If all you have is a knife and sand paper then use what you have. :duim:  

This is what I was talking about.<br>

I can trim on the green line to even them out.<br>

What do you think?

You could if you wanted to but keep in mind the armor was never designed to anatomically correct.