Jump to content

Ukswrath's ANOVOS TK build (stunt)


ukswrath

Recommended Posts

Scroll back up to my previous post... the PDF I linked to is this entire thread, minus other peoples comments, with all the pictures included. The reference material is intact!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Incredibly happy to see that the photos have been restored on this epic thread, Tony... well done!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, justjoseph63 said:

Incredibly happy to see that the photos have been restored on this epic thread, Tony... well done!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Glad to be of service as always Joseph, it was a shame it took PB so long to get it up and running again. If you see or hear about any missing photos please let me know.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sn4k3 said:

Hey ukswrath, Those instructions are valid for the TM armor?

 

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

With the exception TM armor doesn't have cut line, yes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Sn4k3 said:

Ok... So if a buy a TM armor, how can i know where to cut?

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk
 

The million dollar question, jk. Fitment checking.

 

I don't care if it's TM or AM every armor has to be cut to your body type/size. Every decent build thread here should detail how that individual trimmed the armor to their  body type, Anovos included. The cut line on the Anovos armor is a simple guideline but not necessarily the final cut to fit.

 

My suggestion is to start your own build thread if you haven't done so already, find a Centurion level Stormtrooper here then check their build thread, TM armor included. Mimic that build/s.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Sn4k3 said:

Ok... So if a buy a TM armor, how can i know where to cut?

I have some tutorials here and here that may help as well, but as Tony mentioned the pieces are cut to fit your body.  As I recommend to all new builders, start a thread in this area so that you can post photos and ask all the questions you want to.  If in doubt, always ask before cutting or gluing!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 1/26/2016 at 6:02 PM, ukswrath said:

9a. Shoulder Bells

Trimming

 

IMG_5834c.jpgIMG_5836.jpgIMG_5837.jpgIMG_5839.jpgIMG_5891.jpgIMG_5892.jpgIMG_5893.jpg

 

to be cont...

The shoulder bells that I got with my kit are different sizes, so I was wondering Which side is left and which is right. One side is a little bit taller and a different cut on the bottom part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

See how there is a little swoop of the center ridge at the bottom of the bells, that needs to face forward.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Mad Dog 20/20 said:

The shoulder bells that I got with my kit are different sizes, so I was wondering Which side is left and which is right. One side is a little bit taller and a different cut on the bottom part.

 

The  little swoop on the Left side facing forward

left.jpg

right.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hello ukswrath, I've just been informed that AKA Works is ready to ship my first set of armor and,  yes, I asked about them earlier but just want to make sure before I plop down the $580 that they are legit with good quality. Also, your site here is going to be my "go-to" for my first build, very good detail and thanks for the post.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, CT 1977 said:

hello ukswrath, I've just been informed that AKA Works is ready to ship my first set of armor and,  yes, I asked about them earlier but just want to make sure before I plop down the $580 that they are legit with good quality. Also, your site here is going to be my "go-to" for my first build, very good detail and thanks for the post.

 

Hey Bill yes ATA is legit. I have a set myself and love it. I also have an ATA (rebuild thread) that has some good information specifically for the ATA. Click the "GO TO" link in my signature below and find my ATA build. 

 

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, CT 1977 said:

thanks so much, bro! Just got my magnets and exacto knives in. I'll be paying for my armor today. I keep trying to talk my wife into getting a set but so far she just laughs, shakes her and walks away...could be worse, right!

 

 

:laugh1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CT 1977 said:

I was looking at your gloves and they appear to be a type of "cut-resistant" material, can  you share some info on them, I'd like to get a pair (could also come in handy shucking oysters). Thanks.

Just do an Amazon search for Cut Resistant Gloves.  Don't get the cheapest ones you can find, but there's no real need to splurge either.  The pair I got when I started building my kit saved my thumb... 

Any time you're working with a hobby knife or scoring and snapping, make sure you're wearing at LEAST one on your off-hand. They don't work if they're not on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CT 1977 said:

I did the search and see they some with rubber "grip" palms and some without - any recommendations for either/both?

 

Personal preference, really.  The ones I have don't have any kind of extra grip.  I looked up my order, but it looks like they don't sell those particular gloves anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Kredal said:

Just do an Amazon search for Cut Resistant Gloves.  Don't get the cheapest ones you can find, but there's no real need to splurge either.  The pair I got when I started building my kit saved my thumb... 

Any time you're working with a hobby knife or scoring and snapping, make sure you're wearing at LEAST one on your off-hand. They don't work if they're not on.

 

That  ^^^

 

Key word here is "cut resistant", that said, if the gloves are too thick you'll have difficulty holding essential tools like your knife, ruler or pencil. It's best if you go to a hardware store in your area and try on different versions. Go grab a ruler and knife and hold them with the gloves on. The gloves are there to prevent you from performing unwanted surgery on yourself but if you can't hold items comfortably then you might be asking for trouble there also. 

 

Here's a set from Home Depot for example - https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-Large-Red-Nitrile-Level-3-Cut-Resistant-Dipped-Work-Gloves-48-22-8932/303635936 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

First... Thanks for this awesome build tutorial!  Very helpful and distracted me too much from work today LOL.

After buying the initial run from Anovos I'm finally getting around to my build 5 years later.

 

Question - In their Shadow Trooper build video the guys from Tested cut the codpiece section free from the ab piece to allow for greeter range of motion and the ability to sit. 

Any thoughts on this?

I'm not going for anything but standard approval.

 

Finally, stupid question, what's the difference between a Hero build and the Stunt?  I understand the general terminology in that Hero designates an elevated  level of finish but I can't see how the CRL differentiates.

EDIT - One thing I just noticed is the Anovos helmet only qualifies as the stunt due to the number of teeth in the frown. 

 

Thanks!

Steven  

Edited by mluder
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mluder said:

First... Thanks for this awesome build tutorial!  Very helpful and distracted me too much from work today LOL.

After buying the initial run from Anovos I'm finally getting around to my build 5 years later.

 

Question - In their Shadow Trooper build video the guys from Tested cut the codpiece section free from the ab piece to allow for greeter range of motion and the ability to sit. 

Any thoughts on this?

I'm not going for anything but standard approval.

 

Finally, stupid question, what's the difference between a Hero build and the Stunt?  I understand the general terminology in that Hero designates an elevated  level of finish but I can't see how the CRL differentiates.

EDIT - One thing I just noticed is the Anovos helmet only qualifies as the stunt due to the number of teeth in the frown. 

 

Thanks!

Steven  

 

Some have separated their cod, not much advantage really, don't find that area is really an issue bending, it's more for the shorter trooper so they can remove some of the height, but should be no issues for basic approval, all must be hidden behind the belt though. 

 

Yes the Anovos helmet is a Stunt version, you would need different ears, bubble lenses, also need to fill/push out two teeth as there are only 6 on Hero versions.

 

Hero and Stunt are two version of the same armor.  Here's a few links to have a read of.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tEVteIreh6AHMogW010cuH_Bf8TBfU6/view

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_hero

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...