Ukswrath's ANOVOS TK build (stunt)

ukswrath

My suggestion is to get it to where you think you want it then put the armor on and walk around and just do normal daily stuff inside for 20-30 minutes. It will become very clear where you need to take off more or take it off all together.

As mentioned we are all shaped slightly different so where it rubs me the wrong way may not have any effect on you at all. I discovered the bad places during a 1 mile parade! Don't be me.

Jim - TK50899

I'm currently building mine, and this is exactly the way I'm going. I've trimmed down to where I think its correct, and will do a complete test fit before the final cuts and sanding.

Marc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tony,

While I am waiting on my AM 2.0 armor. I have read this thread front to back as I am planning on a Centurion build for my first one (tall order, I know). I'm doing a "tall guy / newbie" build thread, but there would be no way I would attempt it without all the time, energy and help you and others have given. Thanks for this thread and all you do to help those of us just learning. 

I'll let you know when I get the bucket done so I can get the systems in it!!! thanks a bunch!

Jon

Tony I'm finally replacing my floppy Anovos belt with a kittel belt after one of the holster rivets ripped right out. I tried taking the covers off the front and successfully got one off without too much damage but the others just weren't coming off. I ended up using 12mm poppers with snap plates at the rivet points to attach the plastic after giving up the fight with all the pink glue which worked out great. Now that I'm ready to mount the female snaps to the belt for the ab connection, I have a question about alignment. From your pictures it looks like you align the belt along the button plate, making sure the overlap doesn't cover the buttons. Assuming my overlap measurement is the same, does aligning it with the base of that plate ensure that the belt is straight across the ab and not crooked?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Stratcat96

Hey Rob, aligning it with the lowest edge of the plate does not guarantee a straight belt. Switching belts you do run some risk of not getting it perfectly straight, the good news it doesn't have to be, just close. Without removing the cloth belt and being able to use your current Ab buttons as a template the installation can be a little tricky. I wouldn't worry to much though, take your time and measure as many times as needed. The key note here is to remember the ammo belt portion is to ride just below or slightly covering the lowest center button. If you take a look at some screen shots these belts are all over the place when it comes to alignment horizontally. 

Hope this helps

Hey Rob, aligning it with the lowest edge of the plate does not guarantee a straight belt. Switching belts you do run some risk of not getting it perfectly straight, the good news it doesn't have to be, just close. Without removing the cloth belt and being able to use your current Ab buttons as a template the installation can be a little tricky. I wouldn't worry to much though, take your time and measure as many times as needed. The key note here is to remember the ammo belt portion is to ride just below or slightly covering the lowest center button. If you take a look at some screen shots these belts are all over the place when it comes to alignment horizontally.

Hope this helps

Great Tony, thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question about the "Bracket System Final Assembly".  Is there any reason one way or the other to countersink the armor (and reinforce it from the back) to make the bracket screws sit flush?  I'm just imagining hearing a lot of rubbing of the screw heads between the posterior and the kidney when I walk, even allowing the screws to "lock" if they slide sideways a bit.  

I have a question about the "Bracket System Final Assembly".  Is there any reason one way or the other to countersink the armor (and reinforce it from the back) to make the bracket screws sit flush?  I'm just imagining hearing a lot of rubbing of the screw heads between the posterior and the kidney when I walk, even allowing the screws to "lock" if they slide sideways a bit.  

Most armor isn't thick enough to countersink and still retain it's durability over multiple troops, especially without reinforcing the back side, and to be honest you'll hear more creaking plastic than exposed metal screw heads. ;)

• Like 1

I spent the better part of the day yesterday driving all over town looking for Testors paints, only to find just the grey.<br>

I Googled to see if there are any other similar colors since all I could find was "light blue" and "dark blue" and I found a thread saying that Testors no longer makes French Blue.<br><br>

So what testors shade is the new acceptable 'french blue'??<br><br>

I have yet to see any any other brand in any store I've been to in Alberta so once the old stock sources for French blue dry up... this could really make it difficult to find a proper blue. :\

I have a question about the "Bracket System Final Assembly". Is there any reason one way or the other to countersink the armor (and reinforce it from the back) to make the bracket screws sit flush? I'm just imagining hearing a lot of rubbing of the screw heads between the posterior and the kidney when I walk, even allowing the screws to "lock" if they slide sideways a bit.

Glue and strips inside where the screws go and they might sit flush. But then that wouldn't be hyperaccurate. Which is why people use that bracket system. Right?
  • Like 1

I know we keep saying this but that's only because it's true. Thank you again Tony. We got my wife's Anovos Shadow Trooper done Wednesday night just in time for our local opening of Rogue One and our first troop thanks to you. e901fab46e1c68c766206c489d4d8583.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Another grateful trooper signing in.

Recently got my approval from with the Nordic Garrison and I followed this thread pretty much throughout my whole build. 

Thanks!  :smiley-sw013:

Our pleasure  :jc_doublethumbup: and congrats

Man are the ANOVOS dimensions WRONG.... I did mine the same way on the Kidney holes ... I had Not drilled the Abdomen Yet.. I had installed Snaps for My Build so didn't use the Rivets as support items ... but saw this thread, I'll have to fill the holes on the Kidny portion... Dam