Ukswrath's ANOVOS TK build (stunt)

ukswrath

3 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Well you want the armor to float on your body a bit, if that helps.

Ok thanks! I'm guessing there aren't super strict requirements regarding the ab to kidney connection, besides not showing any black - many places indicate that returns should be removed from the sides of the ab as well as the kidney, but I'm wondering, how the riveted connection straps prevent the ab and kidney plates from overlapping upon suit compression? I was under the impression that the returns created a 'wall' that prevented overlap. Are the straps only to prevent separation, not to prevent compression overlap?

31 minutes ago, fishgoh0nk said:

Ok thanks! I'm guessing there aren't super strict requirements regarding the ab to kidney connection, besides not showing any black - many places indicate that returns should be removed from the sides of the ab as well as the kidney, but I'm wondering, how the riveted connection straps prevent the ab and kidney plates from overlapping upon suit compression? I was under the impression that the returns created a 'wall' that prevented overlap. Are the straps only to prevent separation, not to prevent compression overlap?

Correct.  They're there to prevent separation.  It's possible to make different internal rigging that can prevent overlap, however.  That's not what the stock strapping does, however, with your armor's make.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2016 at 3:28 PM, ukswrath said:

Another note: These measurements will work with the soft ANOVOS belt. If using a belt like Kittles you'll need to account for the stiffness and flex of the belt. 

On with it then. After replacing the waist belt line 24 snaps with poppers I double checked the snap to snap distance which measured 13-1/4".

NOTE: If you're using the ANOVOS supplied belt your measurements should be the same as mine despite the fact I changed the snaps. The measurements were the same before I replaced them. 

Use the following measurements to locate and mark the male mounting snap holes.

Left mounting hole (illustrated below)

1-3/8" from left/center return edge

1/2" from lower return edge

I'm using Kittel's belt for the build and am having trouble (or maybe I'm just too nervous) determining where exactly I should drill into the abdomen to mount the snaps. Since the belt is unassembled (i.e. corresponding snaps are not in the Kittel belt yet), I cannot use the width between the snaps on the belt to discern the width between the snaps on the armor. Likewise, I cannot add the snaps to the belt, atleast if I am to use the new Kittel tutorial on page 6 of this thread, because I do not have the male snaps mounted in the armor yet (since Tony marks the snaps in the armor with a pencil and presses the belt against them to produce the location of the snaps on the Kittel belt. 

Does anyone have the measurements that will specify the location of the mounting snaps on the armor when using a Kittel belt? Otherwise, what advice might help to enable me to find the proper location of the snaps on the abdomen armor, so that I can mount them and have the belt in the correct position? Apologies if this question is redundant. 

Hey Eric, the measurement illustration provided in the belt assembly and install section should guide you.

1) Mark the holes on the ab section from where you'll install the male snaps (according to the illustration). 

2) Align and mark the same holes on the cloth belt evenly spacing the distance from the center of the belt. Remember to give yourself a little (no much) slack to compensate for the cloth belt stiffness.

Note: Wwhen fully assembled the upper edge of the waist ammo belt should be at or just covering the lowest Ab button. 

IMG_6641b.jpg

Are you referring to this one? If so, is it no different when using Kittel's belt? If that is again the case, how do I account for the flex/stifness of the Kittel belt? I suppose that is the part I do not understand too well. Thank you for your reply and time, Tony. 

Yes and yes. The above illustration is for the male snap mount. The matching female snap can be placed almost anywhere on the cloth (kittle) belt however, obviously you'll want to center everything. If the stiffness of the kittle belt is confusing you than pretend I didn't mention it.  

1 minute ago, ukswrath said:

Glad to be of assistance. If you're still having issues please let us know.

Just one more question. Thank you for your patience with me.

The Popper snaps you used are only for accuracy, no? If so, will the male snaps Anovos provides be acceptable to use, namely in the top right abdomen snap (non-functional)? 

15 hours ago, Erice3339 said:

Just one more question. Thank you for your patience with me.

The Popper snaps you used are only for accuracy, no? If so, will the male snaps Anovos provides be acceptable to use, namely in the top right abdomen snap (non-functional)? 

Poppers for accuracy yes, not a requirement. The Anovos snaps are sufficient but not highly recommended because they're below standard.  

4 hours ago, ukswrath said:

The Anovos snaps are sufficient but not highly recommended because they're below standard.  

Using Tandy Snaps instead for all Line 24 snap locations; thank you again for the help, Tony. Invaluable work you have done here. 

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Haribon72 said:

Hello, can you build my armor?   I'm just lazy.   HAHAHHAHAHAH!    Hello Tony!  Just dropping by to say Hello!

NO! You build more armor than I do, you build mine lol

Good to see you brother, hope the fam is doing well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Tony,

In another thread you mentioned that you can cut the back of the legs out and used this pic for an example. The thighs are all that is left for me to do to complete the initial build but I am sitting her terrified to trim the top of the thighs as many people did and suggested. I am 5'7" and feel it so close. I can almost walk up stairs but the front and back of the knee on thighs catches. What is the lesser of two evils? Cut the backs like below, or trim the top of the thighs? Been a week debating this with myself. Thanks. 

gallery_14191_18_467011b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, phil said:

how much is this armour  ? and has he an website plz ?

Do a web search for Anovos Stormtrooper armor or better yet visit the "Armor and where to find them" section here 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the lower ear screws on the helmet:

1. They need to be slotted flat top screws, painted white correct?

And

2. Do they need to be placed so that they are exposed above the rubber trim? Will it not be Centurion if they are hidden or partially hidden under the rubber trim?

7 minutes ago, TKModder421 said:

I have a question about the lower ear screws on the helmet:

1. They need to be slotted flat top screws, painted white correct?

And

2. Do they need to be placed so that they are exposed above the rubber trim? Will it not be Centurion if they are hidden or partially hidden under the rubber trim?

Hey Greg, they all need to be "V" head type like in the following illustration. Placement, so long as their near the seal you'll be fine at all levels of approval. 

V%20head.jpg

19 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Hey Greg, they all need to be "V" head type like in the following illustration. Placement, so long as their near the seal you'll be fine at all levels of approval. 

V%20head.jpg

OK perfect. Thanks Tony!

lPpjzusm.jpg  DUQ0dNwm.jpg

Mine are virtually hidden under the trim unless you look at the right angle. Most of the screen references I've seen, the bottom screw looks to be around 0.25"-0.5" from the trim. So now that I've got the trim back on I was questioning whether I've got them placed wrong.

Thank you for the detailed and invaluable build post btw, you are a master!! :salute: