Ukswrath's ANOVOS TK build (stunt)

ukswrath

Oh okay I see. I think both front cover strips for the thighs and calves needed to be 20mm? And then fro both backs I was gonna do 25mm. Is this correct?
Sorry, back of the thighs

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 9/1/2017 at 9:20 PM, ukswrath said:

Well you can re-glue them or add the Centurion level straps and see how they sit. Another option if you're afraid to damaged them just add some white velcro to hold them in place. 

...or maybe hot bath the tabs on either chest or back?
I (and others) definitely has to round out the sharp curves of the Anovos back plate tabs

just something to look at, especially if you are tall

• Like 1

Help.    I measured the biceps, fitted the plastic.   And after gluing they barely fit.   I need to remove the armpit six strip an reglue wider.   How do I remove e6000 .... Help.    PS. I bought abs if I need to just cut a new strip.  

Sorry for the delay. Before tearing apart the armor have you removed all the return edge in the areas effected? This will increase the gap.

If yes then simply take a butter knife and slide it between the cover and armor at one end and slide it down separating the two.

Hey Tony, question for Centurion approval. Does the top-right non-functional male snap on the ab piece need to be the "S" popper snap for Centurion approval or can it be a Line 24 male snap? And I suppose same question for the belt-to-ab snaps. Would appreciate your input, thank you!

On 9/27/2017 at 7:51 AM, ukswrath said:

Sorry for the delay. Before tearing apart the armor have you removed all the return edge in the areas effected? This will increase the gap.

If yes then simply take a butter knife and slide it between the cover and armor at one end and slide it down separating the two.

Thanks .  I bought abs plastic to make shims.   I can't flex in it.. At all.   Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm a bit confused because the new ANOVOS belts no longer come assembled. I'm not sure what fixtures to use to attache the plastic, what measurements to use where, etc. Is there a guide starting with what ANOVOS now supplies? Thanks

25 minutes ago, RubberSlug said:

So I'm a bit confused because the new ANOVOS belts no longer come assembled. I'm not sure what fixtures to use to attache the plastic, what measurements to use where, etc. Is there a guide starting with what ANOVOS now supplies? Thanks

Hey Charlie do you have a photo of the new belt assembly?

Came into an Anovos TK kit and looking to build to to Centurion out of the box.

What, exactly makes the included belt non-accurate? Width? Out of curiosity.

Also if I’m understanding the process correctly I would still want to apply for/receive EIB first before Centurion?

52 minutes ago, cinderbike said:

Came into an Anovos TK kit and looking to build to to Centurion out of the box.

What, exactly makes the included belt non-accurate? Width? Out of curiosity.

Also if I’m understanding the process correctly I would still want to apply for/receive EIB first before Centurion?

Hello, the costume as a whole is a mixture of two different types, Hero and Stunt. Out of the box it's 501st approved however, for Stunt EIB the two upper holster screws will need to be remove and the holes plugged. For Centurion the belt itself is too flimsy for accuracy standards. We're either recommending or requiring the belt be replaced to avoid any issues at the higher levels accuracy.

3 hours ago, cinderbike said:

Is there a source for the 'correct' mic tip mesh material? Didn't see it in your materials list (I probably skimmed over it).

I don't have the tech specs in front of me (on vaca) but I'll do you one better, here's where you cab buy it.

• Like 1

Tony, will the dropbox elastic need to be riveted at the back for Centurion or is that just an accuracy suggestion?
No. There's no requirement how it's attached at any level

• 2 weeks later...

Never mind Sir. I surrender. I need to go back to the drawing board. Do more research. I feel that I am not an ideal size for this armor and will need to make some adjustments to get it to fit. I am 5'7" with a stocky build. and Yup, I need to drop about 8 lbs. 

Hello again, 

sorry to be a pain in the butt. I am a little confused by the thigh assembly and all the extra cut lines and trimming. I am guessing this is all for a good fit to your leg?  I was really hoping to have this done tonight but not looking good. Thank you for all your help. 

Edited by Falc1