Ukswrath's ANOVOS TK build (stunt)

ukswrath

4 hours ago, rwbowri said:

here is photo on the drop boxes how they should be too

DropBoxFixing01.jpg

You know this is a really good photo. It would be nice if it pointed out the fact that the drop box needs to be positioned at the end and directly below the ammo belt with little to no gap, as stated in the Centurion CRL

4 hours ago, fxdl2002 said:

How thick is the strapping holding the drop box?  Thank yal for the advice.

Scroll down to the actual belt section -

2 minutes ago, fxdl2002 said:

Thank you. That was perfect. I didn't have to deconstruct the belt.   But the boxes are on and glue is now setting. The update was exactly what I needed.   Belt is now together.

Excellent news. Glad to be of assistance

On 1-7-2017 at 5:48 AM, ukswrath said:

I do use photo bucket but I pay for it. Glad the tutorial helps.

Just a heads up, if you already had a paid account with photobucket you will not be affected until december 31 2018. After that you need the plus 500 subscription, otherwise you will loose 3rd party linking too. I hope your build threads will not go down, they are a great resource. Too many threads already have been affected.

What Users Are Affected By The Changes To Our 3rd Party Hosting Policies?

Moving forward, new and legacy free account users will NOT have third party
hosting available.

If you were a Plus Account subscriber in good standing as of June 1, 2017,
you will continue to have all the privileges you have enjoyed including 3rd
Party Hosting until December 31, 2018 as long as you maintain your
subscription.

Non Plus 500 Account subscribers that purchased after June 1, 2017 will not
have access to 3rd Party Hosting.

Do you have a re commended paint? My dog chewed a corner on the rear thigh.   I've made a repair.   I plan on filling the back with putty and caulking the repair line. But I may need to touch up the paint

Well there's a few directions you can go here. 1) Using acetone make a ABS slurry using the scrap trimmings. Sand and polish (cheap but time consuming). 

2) Purchase a couple different cans of bright white spray paint and test it on some of the scrap trimmings. Sometimes close is good enough (cheap route).

3) Take the armor to a automotive paint supply store and have it color matched, buy the paint then have someone paint it (expensive route). 

9 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Well there's a few directions you can go here. 1) Using acetone make a ABS slurry using the scrap trimmings. Sand and polish (cheap but time consuming). 

2) Purchase a couple different cans of bright white spray paint and test it on some of the scrap trimmings. Sometimes close is good enough (cheap route).

3) Take the armor to a automotive paint supply store and have it color matched, buy the paint then have someone paint it (expensive route). 

Luckily the bite is on the back, and tiny.   I have a new product, sugru  I may try it as a filler 

Hey everyone. I just started trying to fit my armor, starting with the left forearm, and I'm a bit confused.

The top and bottom are uncomfortably tight due to the return edge, but the middle is incredibly wide compared to my forearm. Should I be cutting off more of the return edge? Should I remove all of it at the wrist? I'm afraid to cut off material because I can't put it back.

9 minutes ago, RubberSlug said:

Hey everyone. I just started trying to fit my armor, starting with the left forearm, and I'm a bit confused.

The top and bottom are uncomfortably tight due to the return edge, but the middle is incredibly wide compared to my forearm. Should I be cutting off more of the return edge? Should I remove all of it at the wrist? I'm afraid to cut off material because I can't put it back.

Hey Charlie the return edge on the forearms is not a requirement, as a matter of fact on the wrist side it's mandatory you remove it for the Centurion level. If you're afraid of removing too much than remove a little at a time. The amount of space in the center especially, is normal. Depending on the thickness of your arm you may need to add foam to help keep it centered on your arm.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply! Is it recommended to remove the return edge on the wrist just for comfort/fitting purposes? I'm not aiming for centurion (yet), but it does seem like it would fit better without it.

Edited by RubberSlug

Hello there, I've been away for over a year now and recently tried to come back to my build. I always used this thread as a reference, so thanks for that. Over a year ago I glued my left forearm piece. When I put my hand through, there is so much space at the wrist, I doubt this looks correctly.

I tried to take a few pictures, maybe someone else with more experience can have a look at it to judge if this is too much space: http://s410.photobucket.com/user/greyfox182/library/left forearm?sort=3&page=1

However I've got a problem with the fitting process overall. When I test fitted the piece it looked fine, but the clamps and the glue forced the plastic to bend more in a rounder shape and so it became visually bigger and bulkier and als made a lot more space around the wrist end. Before I keep fitting and gluing other parts I somehow have to avoid this issue, is there any good method to it?

20264700_890322554466810_4752242904670396385_n.jpg

Edited by greyfox

Hey Jens, if you're concerned about excessive space you can always remove the lower cover strip and remove material from each side, or you can leave it as is and just add foam to stabilize it on your arm.

On another note if you plan on shooting for Centurion in the future go ahead and remove the return edge on the wrist side, it's a requirement. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Here I go again. I really hope I'm not abusing this thread, if this is not the right place for this please let me know! However I'm referring to the assembly of the bicep parts of this thread.

On 7.2.2016 at 8:23 PM, ukswrath said:

The front butt connection on the right bicep should be the only section regarding the biceps that the inner cover is 1/2" taller then the outer.

On my build the inner cover is taller than the outer on the front AND the rear butt connection (right biceps) + the inner cover of the left biceps is also taller on the front butt connection (pics added)

http://s410.photobucket.com/user/greyfox182/library/left forearm/Biceps?sort=3&page=1

I'm not sure how this came and if this even matters. Should I just cut the taller pieces away?

5 hours ago, greyfox said:

Here I go again. I really hope I'm not abusing this thread, if this is not the right place for this please let me know! However I'm referring to the assembly of the bicep parts of this thread.

On my build the inner cover is taller than the outer on the front AND the rear butt connection (right biceps) + the inner cover of the left biceps is also taller on the front butt connection (pics added)

http://s410.photobucket.com/user/greyfox182/library/left forearm/Biceps?sort=3&page=1

I'm not sure how this came and if this even matters. Should I just cut the taller pieces away?

All normal

• Like 1