Ukswrath's ANOVOS TK build (stunt)

ukswrath

Perfectly timed thread! My Anovos kit should (should) be arriving before June 20th! I'll be referring to this thread a lot! Thank you for posting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My pleasure. If you have ANY questions please ask. Besides myself, there are plenty of experienced builders here that can help. Also, if you haven't done so already start a build thread so we can monitor your progress. 

• Like 1

Perfectly timed thread! My Anovos kit should (should) be arriving before June 20th! I'll be referring to this thread a lot! Thank you for posting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for Anovos armor too, did you hear anything about it shipping yet? I ordered after Dec 18, haven't heard anything yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Devin thank you. Here ya go

"1) Ab - "S" snaps "poppers" (Used on the following locations: Ab to belt, Ab to Kidney right side, Cod to Posterior, Shoulder to Back plate strapping right/front) 15mm, (bag of 15 is the smallest)- http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT"

Thank you again Tony!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testers gloss white seems to match pretty well. I'll update page one, thanks for the note.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/page-47#entry479719

I used Tamiya white surface primer, and then Tamiya gloss white. I let each layer of paint cure for forty-eight hours. It became a great hard-as-nails white cover for both the ab rivets and the helmet screws.

Sent from my SM-T217T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I used Tamiya white surface primer, and then Tamiya gloss white. I let each layer of paint cure for forty-eight hours. It became a great hard-as-nails white cover for both the ab rivets and the helmet screws.

Nice! 

3f. Rear Closure (Straps and Fasteners (aka bra hooks)

In this section I'll be illustrating how to create the rear calf closure strap & hook assemblies instead of using the Anovos supplied velcro. Either one is excepted at all level of approval but the Straps and hooks are the most accurate.

NOTE: As mentioned in a previous post, as for which sections go with what leg is up for debate. I suggest test fitting the shins and walk around. Once you're satisfied continue on. 

Here's a reference picture

gallery_12157_16_3668.jpg

I'll be using 3/4" white elastic and size 3 bra fasteners. You'll need a sewing machine and or needle and thread.

For the adventurous I have a tutorial on how to make the hooks from scratch, though not considered entirely screen accurate. 

Starting with the elastic cut six 4" sections.

IMG_6884.jpgIMG_6887.jpg 

Checking the fit before sewing.

IMG_6891.jpg

Fold one end over 1" and sew in place.

IMG_6895.jpgIMG_6896.jpgIMG_6897.jpgIMG_6898.jpg

Now hand sew in the fasteners to the folded side of the elastic.

Fasteners

IMG_6900.jpg

IMG_6902.jpg

After sewing

IMG_6904.jpgIMG_6905.jpg

Ready to glue

Hey! Loving this thread, first off. :)

What does the inside look like in regards to the eyes? Did you just glue them in the appropriate place to meet the hooks according to your fit? Are they glued to another smaller piece of elastic? How do they come together? 

Thanks!

-Seth

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the kudos. If I understand your question correctly the answer would be the elastic (seen the previous post) is glued to the inside of the outside shin section. The inside has corresponding holes that the hooks connect to. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/?p=470387

Hello,

I've just received notification that my Anovos kit will ship sometime in July after having ordered it last Celebration.

Bluntly said, and knowing it has likely been asked before, how difficult is this process for someone who has minimal crafting experience and is a first-time builder? Additionally, I am a college student with little free time hence the lack of my own build thread; nonetheless, I've been researching vigorously since the Celebration and reading this thread in particular. It seems a bit overwhelming to say the least.

If I am to achieve Centurion status, would it be possible to simply follow this guide section by section until completion or is there some other algorithm necessary (aside from submitting photos for approval of course)? I've also taken to armor parties despite not being able to attend one thus far if anyone wishes to speak to that. Thank you.

Hello,

I've just received notification that my Anovos kit will ship sometime in July after having ordered it last Celebration.

Bluntly said, and knowing it has likely been asked before, how difficult is this process for someone who has minimal crafting experience and is a first-time builder? Additionally, I am a college student with little free time hence the lack of my own build thread; nonetheless, I've been researching vigorously since the Celebration and reading this thread in particular. It seems a bit overwhelming to say the least.

If I am to achieve Centurion status, would it be possible to simply follow this guide section by section until completion or is there some other algorithm necessary (aside from submitting photos for approval of course)? I've also taken to armor parties despite not being able to attend one thus far if anyone wishes to speak to that. Thank you.

Hey Eric welcome. We have plenty baseline beginners here with various living situations. With perseverance and hard work you should have no problems assembling the armor to the highest level. I won't lie to you, it may take some time and $ but it is achievable. Hope this helps

Hey Eric welcome. We have plenty baseline beginners here with various living situations. With perseverance and hard work you should have no problems assembling the armor to the highest level. I won't lie to you, it may take some time and $ but it is achievable. Hope this helps

Thank you for the reassurance and the build thread. I see it being extremely useful and potentially confusing (not a bad thing necessarily as I welcome the challenge). I know it differs for everyone, but, for a beginner, how long would you expect it to take on average if you are willing to estimate?

I know it differs for everyone, but, for a beginner, how long would you expect it to take on average if you are willing to estimate?

1-3 months depending on your skill level and available tools 

• Like 1

1-3 months depending on your skill level and available tools

Skill level is deficient, but I do have all the tools you listed and then some. Regardless, thanks again for both your time and commitment.

Skill level is deficient, but I do have all the tools you listed and then some. Regardless, thanks again for both your time and commitment.

You can do it

I finally got my armor this time last year, and I am just about ready to take pictures for approval. I have had to replace a few pieces of armor, and I traded my finished bucket to a friend in the 501st for an unfinished one. I have been taking my time, and making sure that everything is as good as I can get it.

So, don't ever stress over how fast you can get your armor to the point where you are happy with it.

Edited by baldormoline
  • Like 1

I followed Ukswrath's thread here,  it took me about 5 weeks from start to finish I used the tools that are listed on the site.  I used the Humbrol paints instead of Testors.

lot of great work that Ukswrath put into this thread,  thanks so much. 

• Like 1

I followed Ukswrath's thread here,  it took me about 5 weeks from start to finish I used the tools that are listed on the site.  I used the Humbrol paints instead of Testors.

lot of great work that Ukswrath put into this thread,  thanks so much. 

Thank you for the kudos Robert, glad it helped   :duim:

Given what's happened to a couple of the other detachments' forums, this thread was the first place I checked when the site came back up. 

*sighs in relief* The build pictures are still there.

Ukswrath, I am so happy you didn't use Photobucket.

3 hours ago, Wompet said:

Given what's happened to a couple of the other detachments' forums, this thread was the first place I checked when the site came back up. 

*sighs in relief* The build pictures are still there.

Ukswrath, I am so happy you didn't use Photobucket.

I do use photo bucket but I pay for it. Glad the tutorial helps.

Hello Ukswrath, first, thanks for this thread.  My box is here and I am scouring your thread.  My belt came in and was not assembled.  I plan on centering the armor on the cloth belt between the snaps.   My question.  The holster looks Chicago screwed on.  Is there a measurement from the armor belt edge to the placement of the holster's screw?   And the two rectangular pieces just free hang? Or are they riveted in place?   Thanks

Hey Richard, glad to be of assistance. First off rough belt measurements, see below. The holster straps should have two sets of Chicago screws, two for the cloth belt and two for the holster itself.

HolsterplacementANH-crop.jpg

• Like 1