Ukswrath's ANOVOS TK build (stunt)

ukswrath

• 4 weeks later...

b6701cbca5f72e09ff630a280a8f0478.jpg

Tony, does this mesh size look too large for replacing the mic tips? It's from a flour sifter but I'm not 100% sure if it's the appropriate size. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It could work but it does look a little large. it should look more like this

f316cad4-5241-4f0a-ae1b-9bd96b67b348.jpg

Thanks Tony, I'll compare it to a couple of other troopers in my squad as well before changing anything. The reference pic mesh looks to be about 5-6 'squares' across and it's the same with this mesh, so not sure why it looks larger than it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since it's on a diagonal I'm pretty sure it's 7.5-8 actual squares across. The sifter is likely 50% larger.

Thankfully my wife wasn't too attached to that sifter! Looks like I'm going to need to find something else to use.

Sorry about the multiple posts! Bad Tapatalk!!

Edited by mkjava

Wow. Finally getting around to building my ANOVOS kit and found this thread. Joined up to say thank you for your time and dedication. This will no doubt be a lifesaver! Hope to have mine completed in time for Celebration this year but my primary goal is to be accepted into the 501st. Thanks ukswrath!

• Like 2

Wow. Finally getting around to building my ANOVOS kit and found this thread. Joined up to say thank you for your time and dedication. This will no doubt be a lifesaver! Hope to have mine completed in time for Celebration this year but my primary goal is to be accepted into the 501st. Thanks ukswrath!

This thread made me the trooper I am today. Tony rocks!

• Like 2

Glad to be of assistance

This thread made me the trooper I am today. Tony rocks!

Thanks for the kudos Mike. As much as I appreciate the credit it truly belongs to the entire FISD community. Someone helped and now I'm giving back. Troopers Helping Troopers.  :salute:

• Like 2

I bought my Anovos TK kit so long ago during the special pricing.  I finally started trimming pieces of armor a week ago.

This is my very first build i am building an TK stunt ANH.

If a person does not have a belt sander or dremel, what sandpaper grit would you recommend to smooth the rough edges?

Thank you for starting this post.  The shared information and photos have been so helpful.

You have helped so many troopers with their first builds. Kudos

I bought my Anovos TK kit so long ago during the special pricing.  I finally started trimming pieces of armor a week ago.

This is my very first build i am building an TK stunt ANH.

If a person does not have a belt sander or dremel, what sandpaper grit would you recommend to smooth the rough edges?

Thank you for starting this post.  The shared information and photos have been so helpful.

You have helped so many troopers with their first builds. Kudos

Hey John, edges 220 or finer. Glad this tutorial has helped, THT

Just be careful which direction you move the paper...Put some painters tape on shiny part or leave the film on, and use a block for the paper so you don't scuff the finish.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I don't know if this has been answered yet on this thread as there are a lot of pages I haven't read.

I painted my td tube with the recommend spray paint but my tube does not seem to have the same shine as Tony's does. Also I can still see some scratches from the initial sanding. This picture is after four coats.c401fae191420801d97bc224ae50db53.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't know if this has been answered yet on this thread as there are a lot of pages I haven't read.

I painted my td tube with the recommend spray paint but my tube does not seem to have the same shine as Tony's does. Also I can still see some scratches from the initial sanding. This picture is after four coats.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yea that paint type should be glossy however, glossy is not required, neither is painting the tube (as I stated in that build section). Unless you specifically want glossy gray I would leave it. It looks fine.  :duim:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Tony, great thread! I'm really utilizing a lot of your tutorial on my build. Only thing I may have missed. What size S Popper snaps did you use - 10mm, 12.5mm, or 15 mm?

Thanks again for all the help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Devin thank you. Here ya go

"1) Ab "S" snaps "poppers" (Used on the following locations: Ab to belt, Ab to Kidney right side, Cod to Posterior, Shoulder to Back plate strapping right/front) 15mm, (bag of 15 is the smallest)- http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT"