Ukswrath's ANOVOS TK build (stunt)

ukswrath

Hey Rick, regarding the thighs I wouldn't remove any more than 1" from each side. Afterwards you may need to add foam to take up any gaps.

As for the calves remove maybe 1/2" from each side. Install with tape and post another picture.

No worries brother you're good. :duim:  

Thanks so much! I'll do that and get back to you with a new photo. Thanks again!

For example, just to clarify for my own piece of mind… Say I have the left thigh. On the back I take an inch off each side, totaling 2" of ABS removed for the left thigh?

Thanks so much! I'll do that and get back to you with a new photo. Thanks again!

For example, just to clarify for my own piece of mind… Say I have the left thigh. On the back I take an inch off each side, totaling 2" of ABS removed for the left thigh?

2" Max, yes. You can, but I suggest less then recheck it.  ;)

• Like 1

I'm assuming most of the bunching goes away with the armor on?

BTW nice weathering :jc_doublethumbup:

. yes it gets covered by the bells and Pauldron I just thought maybe I had them reversed but in your picks the female side is towards the inside so I did do it right I guess lol!! Thanks for the compliment!! As well as your help on the build! :)

. yes it gets covered by the bells and Pauldron I just thought maybe I had them reversed but in your picks the female side is towards the inside so I did do it right I guess lol!! Thanks for the compliment!! As well as your help on the build! :)

You have them correct. My pleasure  :duim:

3d0d1e9bec0d55e43780729fadf974e2.jpg

Sorry it took me a bit, but here is a picture of the shins flipped.so now it's #25&28 on right #24&27 on left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4d80cd2e847294f672a376759d5bfecc.jpg

Sorry to bother you again. Heres a new picture. Now I have it #24 on right leg. Then #27 on the left. I also took off an 1 1/4 off the bottom of each shin. Should I take a little bit more off?

de9f82215f29350e4d5805d555b6d2f2.jpg

Also I took your advice and trimmed the tops of my thighs. How do they look now? Again thank you so much for helping me out with all this.

4d80cd2e847294f672a376759d5bfecc.jpg

Sorry to bother you again. Heres a new picture. Now I have it #24 on right leg. Then #27 on the left. I also took off an 1 1/4 off the bottom of each shin. Should I take a little bit more off?

de9f82215f29350e4d5805d555b6d2f2.jpg

Also I took your advice and trimmed the tops of my thighs. How do they look now? Again thank you so much for helping me out with all this.

Ok so... breath when I tell you this, I think you'll be ok but what I said was.... "Start by raising your thighs 1/2-1". If you need to, remove more, if not all the upper return edge do so." I didn't say top of the thigh. Anyways, again I think you'll be fine. 

Your shins look great. At this point I would finish assembling the front of the legs and do another test fit. Optimum is minimal gap between the thighs and cod. Afterwards, with the sniper knee temporarily installed, the top of the sniper knee should sit close to the lower edge of the thigh. It doesn't have to be perfect. In the movie they're all over the place.

• Like 1

Ok so... breath when I tell you this, I think you'll be ok but what I said was.... "Start by raising your thighs 1/2-1". If you need to, remove more, if not all the upper return edge do so." I didn't say top of the thigh. Anyways, again I think you'll be fine.

Your shins look great. At this point I would finish assembling the front of the legs and do another test fit. Optimum is minimal gap between the thighs and cod. Afterwards, with the sniper knee temporarily installed, the top of the sniper knee should sit close to the lower edge of the thigh. It doesn't have to be perfect. In the movie they're all over the place.

Haha I definitely had to breath there. What I did was take 1/2" off the back and part way on the insides. Then tapered it to the front only removing the return edge. The back was hitting my butt, so I couldn't pull them up any further. Now the problem I have is I think they are to tight around the bottom to move them up any further. Hey you live you learn. Again thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it. I had no clue how they fit. At least I got the shins right.

One more question. Should I size the shins with the boots on or off.

Sizing the shins. you can size them with the boots on especially if you're using totallykiller boots which run rectangular a the top.  

Sharing my dirt... Lol!!

That weathering is beautiful!  Great job!

Alright down to the final stretch! Shins are assembled and looking good, but I can't get them to close nicely in the back. I use the default Anovos hook and loop system. But I can't get the two halves to align flat... I mean if looking at them from the top the angle is pretty steep and not flat. I can close it though and it is fine but there is some gap and some Velcro is visible. Any idea what to do?<br><br>

The other pain is the sniper knee. It seems I need to remove some of the inner area as it would go over that edge (see pic). And while clamping/holding it to test fit it, I need to bend and twist it quite a bit to get three "contact points". Is that normal? <br>

On the outside part I can align it to match the angle and edge but I am wondering how the sniper knee return edge should be - on the side or actually sitting flush on top?

post-27951-0-94894800-1465594620_thumb.jpeg

post-27951-0-80972000-1465594635_thumb.jpeg

Hey Robert, if you need to remove that section go ahead. You do not need to bent. If you can attach it without bending go that route. Regarding the backs, yea the Anovos shins are less to be desired. Giving them a hot water bath isn't a bad idea if you're up for it however, it's not required.

• Like 1

Alright down to the final stretch! Shins are assembled and looking good, but I can't get them to close nicely in the back. I use the default Anovos hook and loop system. But I can't get the two halves to align flat... I mean if looking at them from the top the angle is pretty steep and not flat. I can close it though and it is fine but there is some gap and some Velcro is visible. Any idea what to do?<br><br>

The other pain is the sniper knee. It seems I need to remove some of the inner area as it would go over that edge (see pic). And while clamping/holding it to test fit it, I need to bend and twist it quite a bit to get three "contact points". Is that normal? <br>

On the outside part I can align it to match the angle and edge but I am wondering how the sniper knee return edge should be - on the side or actually sitting flush on top?

This is EXACTLY where I'm at with the sniper plate too.

I given many sections held together by E6000 a HWB. As long as it's glued correctly and you don't leave the item submerged for too long you should be fine.  :duim:

I was reading over your section about the thighs and I didn't seem to see a clear explanation of what you did for the backs.  I glued the front cover strips and am looking to glue the backs and here is where my question lies.

The tops of the thighs fit great...if anything, maybe a tad snug, but still allows them to slide up and down.  The bottoms by the knees have a lot of extra room...Is it acceptable to taper the thigh down so that I'm taking off nothing at the top and a bunch down by the knee to allow them to fit?  

Picture 1 is what it would be more fitted to me knee; however, the movement feels somewhat restricted and I think that would be taking off too much.  Picture 2 is what it is like now.  Essentially the cut I'm looking to make is going to look like a really elongated triangle to get the knee to fit right.

IMG_6782_zpsilpkfl8s.jpg  IMG_6783_zpssgnl4zk4.jpg