Ukswrath's ANOVOS TK build (stunt)

ukswrath

Hey Chris, during the preliminary fitment and build I almost always add 1/2" clearance between the body and the armor. This technique seems to help when fitting items like the undersuit, gloves, boots, etc. 

Hope this helps

That's what I've done the whole way up to this point, the shins are my last pieces.  The TK Boots are pretty deep from front to back, so I wasn't sure if 1/2" was enough in this case.  There is a good 20-30mm difference between fitting the shins to my ankles vs. with the TK Boots on.  I supposed I'll cut to the "TK Boot" line that I marked then fit from there.

That's what I've done the whole way up to this point, the shins are my last pieces.  The TK Boots are pretty deep from front to back, so I wasn't sure if 1/2" was enough in this case.  There is a good 20-30mm difference between fitting the shins to my ankles vs. with the TK Boots on.  I supposed I'll cut to the "TK Boot" line that I marked then fit from there.

Are you using TK (totally killer) boots?

Absolutely! 

ok, his boots run long (rectangular) at the top and obviously the armor isn't designed (shaped) that way. You can make the armor a bit wider in the area to accommodate the boots but to be honest it's the nature of the boot. I just cram mine up in the shin and use Velcro to secure the two. 

ok, his boots run long (rectangular) at the top and obviously the armor isn't designed (shaped) that way. You can make the armor a bit wider in the area to accommodate the boots but to be honest it's the nature of the boot. I just cram mine up in the shin and use Velcro to secure the two. 

I would really like them a little more fitted to my ankle rather than to the boot, as you suggest, so I'll probably do just that.

Thank you...you've helped so much over the last several months.

Edited by gromitsdad

I would really like them a little more fitted to my ankle rather than to the boot, as you suggest, so I'll probably do just that.

Thank you...you've helped so much over the last several months.

Glad to be of assistance. See you on the other side   :salute:

Yes. For hard to get to areas I use a piece of scrap ABS from the initial trimming.

Hi Ukswrath,

First off thank you for doing this feed. It has helped me with my build. I wanted your opinion on what to do with my shins. I'm only 5'6" and I don't have a lot of knee showing between the thigh and shins. I also wanted to make sure I have the right shins put together. I have #24 and #27 on left. #25 and #28 on right.7d6b0bceea89d29d47d3908adced383a.jpgb6eaa6e8a101db1eaefcd9fb2ae75ee4.jpgfdcad2200f6424674e68aff35b31400b.jpg4ee8457a99297c48b9ad9cbdd177a6c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so there's a couple things we can do here. Start by raising your thighs 1/2-1". If you need to, remove more, if not all the upper return edge do so. 

Then I would start removing material from the bottom of the shins a little at a time, maybe 1/2". Afterwards, with the sniper knee temporarily installed, the top of the sniper knee should sit close to the lower edge of the thigh. It doesn't have to be perfect. In the movie they're all over the place.

The shin halves look correct however, for the sake of argument switch legs and post another pic so I can see what it looks like. 

Ok so there's a couple things we can do here. Start by raising your thighs 1/2-1". If you need to, remove more, if not all the upper return edge do so.

Then I would start removing material from the bottom of the shins a little at a time, maybe 1/2". Afterwards, with the sniper knee temporarily installed, the top of the sniper knee should sit close to the lower edge of the thigh. It doesn't have to be perfect. In the movie they're all over the place.

The shin halves look correct however, for the sake of argument switch legs and post another pic so I can see what it looks like.

I didn't take anything off the tops of my thighs except 10mm off the high points. Just so I could bend a little more. With taking off the return edge on the top of the thighs will that affect centurion status.

Thank you for the help. I'll post pictures this weekend with the shins flipped. With the shins I already took 3/4" off the bottom.

Thanks again I kept looking at photos to see how everything laid in but it was really hard to tell.

I believe the two legs need to be swapped from how he's wearing them in the photo, otherwise I agree the halves are fine.

Thanks to your help I got my basic approval so I can do my first troop tomorrow! (Still waiting on my Legion ID though) I said it before but this has been an invaluable resource. I'll be submitting my EIB and Centurion apps in the next few weeks. (After I finish my blaster!)

47f3fedfac8d1a9f59f000341d3da7ca.jpg

*I have fixed that sniper knee by the way.

Jim

• Like 1

I believe the two legs need to be swapped from how he's wearing them in the photo, otherwise I agree the halves are fine.

Yep it's looking that way.

Thanks to your help I got my basic approval so I can do my first troop tomorrow! (Still waiting on my Legion ID though) I said it before but this has been an invaluable resource. I'll be submitting my EIB and Centurion apps in the next few weeks. (After I finish my blaster!)

Jim

Excellent news Jim. Glad we could be of assistance. If I had any other suggestions it would be to maybe place some foam in the thigh to keep it behind the sniper plate or you might find it digging into your knee cap. Also, may I suggest bringing in the shoulder bells to the point they almost touch the shoulder covers. This is #1 recommended repair Sly and myself make during EIB and Centurion approvals.

Great job  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Jim

Congrats, and welcome, brother! :D

• Like 1

Ok, so before this whole shin-gate calms down too much, I'll chime in quickly with a question - probably/hopefully my last before wrapping it up:

I have paired 28+25 right and 24+27 left - see the photo. I am confused as one can possibly be, so here's me wondering: is that correct? 

Many thanks again - as always :)

post-27951-0-31698200-1464986382_thumb.jpg

Ok, so before this whole shin-gate calms down too much, I'll chime in quickly with a question - probably/hopefully my last before wrapping it up:

I have paired 28+25 right and 24+27 left - see the photo. I am confused as one can possibly be, so here's me wondering: is that correct? 

Many thanks again - as always :)

Looks correct.

• Like 1

Thanks Kalani, but when trying to test-mount the sniper knee it actually really just fits 25+28 and not 24+27 well, which would mean that 25+28 should be left. But part 25 does really look like the inside of the right leg/calf muscle.

When trying the sniper knee on to 24+27 it is really not following the edges, or at least it is much better on 25+28. This sucks :( 

Thanks Kalani, but when trying to test-mount the sniper knee it actually really just fits 25+28 and not 24+27 well, which would mean that 25+28 should be left. But part 25 does really look like the inside of the right leg/calf muscle.

When trying the sniper knee on to 24+27 it is really not following the edges, or at least it is much better on 25+28. This sucks :(

Yes. The fit of the sniper knee is a bear. But the layout I mentioned is correct.  The sniper knee WILL fit.

20160501160126-b70e068b-la.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you to Tony and EVERYONE who helped contribute to this indispensable thread!!! I'd never be officially known as TK-82166 without all the guidance and discussion!
HellbentTrooper_sm.jpg

• Like 4

3d0d1e9bec0d55e43780729fadf974e2.jpg

Sorry it took me a bit, but here is a picture of the shins flipped.so now it's #25&28 on right #24&27 on left.

Hi there ukswrath! 

I was suggested to post my thigh and shin pics here by MoSc0ut (Jim). He mentioned that you had helped him with his legs as well, and that I would be able to post my images here for some feedback.

This part of my build is the most intimidating, and I want to make sure I get them right. Could you please take a look at these and let me know if I'm on the right track, and does everything look ok? Any feedback would be appreciated! 

Thank you!

Cover Strips:

IMG_5042_zps93mrkfxn.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsxk0ufhaz.jpg

I went ahead and fit and measured the thighs, incase all is ok to move forward. I won't make the tick marks or cut them until you guys think they look good enough to move forward.  :) I'm going to go ahead and do the same to the shins just in case. 

IMG_5045_zpszwuxqdga.jpg

The left measures about 20-1/8 in.

IMG_5046_zpsgmhxeu7m.jpg

The right also measures about the same.

IMG_5047_zpsqnr6aky0.jpg

Even a little lower they maintain symmetry... (I did I measure even lower and they matched too, at about 18in..)
FullSizeRender_zpsjoegbgte.jpg

FullSizeRender_1_zpso9rjlgcp.jpg

Also, here are the back of the thighs.

Right:
IMG_5085_zpsyhqhlip2.jpg

IMG_5086_zps1fhffwhr.jpg

Left:
IMG_5087_zpswakhgdux.jpg

IMG_5088_zps7vpe0jjg.jpg

I also did the shins too.

I'm almost opened as far out as I can go on the shin bottoms and they seem to be pretty snug around the boots. I can't really go higher with them because it would put the knee too high (and it would show too much boot). Right now the shin tops sit right below the knee, but right at it. I might go ahead and remove the return edge completely from the shin bottoms. Do you think that would help at all? Seems like it would help them sit a smidge lower, and also may fit a bit more loose around the boots. 

Here are the pics I have of the shins test.

Also, this all I am doing until I get feedback.  :) I'm a little nervous about these turning out right. lol  

IMG_5075_zpsrgrrecno.jpg

IMG_5081_zpsbigjrbkt.jpg

IMG_5082_zpskklvyc5c.jpg

IMG_5083_zpswju2qqzu.jpg

IMG_5084_zps22utknam.jpg

Pyrates mentioned that the tops of the cover strips on the thighs were too tall, and I plan on taking them down to just below the top. He sent me an image of a screen reference thigh to look at for an example as well.

I am a little unhappy with how tight they are around the boot. I have REALLY skinny ankles and my lower leg doesn't really fill out the boot at the top. Therefore it doesn't shape right and is more of squished oval than circular when my foot is in it. That's why the boot is looking a bit weird there maybe. That and I don't have much ABS to make wider. It's a pretty tight grip around the boots. As far as I know I only cut off the extra flashing too, so I didn't go trimming crazy. I'm sure it can all be fixed. I just need to figure out how. 

In the thigh shot of me you can see what I mean about how the boots sit up there. They kinds fold at the tops. :/

Thank you for your time and feedback! I really do appreciate it! :)

Edited by SpiceCredits

Hi there ukswrath! 

I was suggested to post my thigh and shin pics here by MoSc0ut (Jim). He mentioned that you had helped him with his legs as well, and that I would be able to post my images here for some feedback.

This part of my build is the most intimidating, and I want to make sure I get them right. Could you please take a look at these and let me know if I'm on the right track, and does everything look ok? Any feedback would be appreciated! 

Thank you!

Cover Strips:

IMG_5042_zps93mrkfxn.jpg

What kind of armor is this? Those don't look like Anovos shins.

(That said, they do look like they're built correctly)

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

It's an AP build.

I was trying to get feedback on the legs to make sure it was all looking good, and MoSc0ut mentioned that people posted their questions here and that ukswrath was good about giving some solid feedback as my goal is Centurion. My apologies if it's an ANOVOS only type of thread. I saw that in the post's name, but due to the suggestion, I posted them anyway.

Thanks! :)

• Like 1

3d0d1e9bec0d55e43780729fadf974e2.jpg

Sorry it took me a bit, but here is a picture of the shins flipped.so now it's #25&28 on right #24&27 on left.

Switch the outer left and inner right halves and post a new pic.

Hi there ukswrath! 

Thank you!

Cover Strips:

IMG_5042_zps93mrkfxn.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsxk0ufhaz.jpg

I went ahead and fit and measured the thighs, incase all is ok to move forward. I won't make the tick marks or cut them until you guys think they look good enough to move forward.  :) I'm going to go ahead and do the same to the shins just in case. 

IMG_5045_zpszwuxqdga.jpg

The left measures about 20-1/8 in.

IMG_5046_zpsgmhxeu7m.jpg

The right also measures about the same.

IMG_5047_zpsqnr6aky0.jpg

Even a little lower they maintain symmetry... (I did I measure even lower and they matched too, at about 18in..)

FullSizeRender_zpsjoegbgte.jpg

FullSizeRender_1_zpso9rjlgcp.jpg

Also, here are the back of the thighs.

Right:

IMG_5085_zpsyhqhlip2.jpg

IMG_5086_zps1fhffwhr.jpg

Left:

IMG_5087_zpswakhgdux.jpg

IMG_5088_zps7vpe0jjg.jpg

I also did the shins too.

I'm almost opened as far out as I can go on the shin bottoms and they seem to be pretty snug around the boots. I can't really go higher with them because it would put the knee too high (and it would show too much boot). Right now the shin tops sit right below the knee, but right at it. I might go ahead and remove the return edge completely from the shin bottoms. Do you think that would help at all? Seems like it would help them sit a smidge lower, and also may fit a bit more loose around the boots. 

Here are the pics I have of the shins test.

Also, this all I am doing until I get feedback.  :) I'm a little nervous about these turning out right. lol  

IMG_5075_zpsrgrrecno.jpg

IMG_5081_zpsbigjrbkt.jpg

IMG_5082_zpskklvyc5c.jpg

IMG_5083_zpswju2qqzu.jpg

IMG_5084_zps22utknam.jpg

Pyrates mentioned that the tops of the cover strips on the thighs were too tall, and I plan on taking them down to just below the top. He sent me an image of a screen reference thigh to look at for an example as well.

I am a little unhappy with how tight they are around the boot. I have REALLY skinny ankles and my lower leg doesn't really fill out the boot at the top. Therefore it doesn't shape right and is more of squished oval than circular when my foot is in it. That's why the boot is looking a bit weird there maybe. That and I don't have much ABS to make wider. It's a pretty tight grip around the boots. As far as I know I only cut off the extra flashing too, so I didn't go trimming crazy. I'm sure it can all be fixed. I just need to figure out how. 

In the thigh shot of me you can see what I mean about how the boots sit up there. They kinds fold at the tops. :/

Thank you for your time and feedback! I really do appreciate it! :)

Hey Rick, regarding the thighs I wouldn't remove any more than 1" from each side. Afterwards you may need to add foam to take up any gaps.

As for the calves remove maybe 1/2" from each side. Install with tape and post another picture.

Sorry for this post, I was trying to delete it since I moved what I initially wanted to say to my original post. :)

No worries brother you're good. :duim:  

• Like 2