Ukswrath's ANOVOS TK build (stunt)

ukswrath

Yep!

gallery_12157_59_74335.jpg

I just can't get over how crappy screen used armor looks!!! It's a far cry from the sleek, perfect white armor from my childhood memories, that's for sure...

Whenever I feel myself obsessing over a 1 mm gap, I'll remember to look at this picture

• Like 1

I just can't get over how crappy screen used armor looks!!! It's a far cry from the sleek, perfect white armor from my childhood memories, that's for sure...

Whenever I feel myself obsessing over a 1 mm gap, I'll remember to look at this picture

Be thankful they didn't have HD  ;)

• Like 1

Any recommendations for fitting the ab and posterior? how tight am I looking for against my body?

If you're shooting for Centurion then there should be little to no gap between all the torso sections. That alone will determine how the armor fits against your body.

;)

• Like 1

Did a party last weekend they loved it! I also had help from this feed thanks Tony!76fb1aa8cdefea1b12801674baecf715.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I just noticed this picture, what's holding the back to kidney together?

. The elastic and Velcro supplied by ANOVOS, how does it look? Lol!

Well considering at the higher approval levels there's supposed to be little to no gap between the two plates, the elastic appears to be black as expected. lol

• Like 1

In the better late than never category, I just wanted to come back and say thank you for this build thread Tony. I literally would not be TK-82666 now if it wasn't for all of the help and knowledge that you provided here!!

In the better late than never category, I just wanted to come back and say thank you for this build thread Tony. I literally would not be TK-82666 now if it wasn't for all of the help and knowledge that you provided here!!

My pleasure Mike. Glad it helped.  :)

Yes, it's posted on the discussion thread in the Detachment forum. Sorry for the delay. 

Basically it states. If your armor does not have the 22mm it is not required to add it. If your armor does have it and you add shims the notch is to remain in the same location it came in with the armor, aligned with the posterior plate.

If a shim is added it's to be added to the area above the notch. If the notch is present it is NOT moved forward with any shimming.  

• Like 3

Yes, it's posted on the discussion thread in the Detachment forum. Sorry for the delay. 

Basically it states. If your armor does not have the 22mm it is not required to add it. If your armor does have it and you add shims the notch is to remain in the same location it came in with the armor, aligned with the posterior plate.

If a shim is added it's to be added to the area above the notch. If the notch is present it is NOT moved forward with any shimming.

Tony, does that mean that this graphic is accurate? (from that discussion thread) Specifically for Anovos armor, since that's what we're discussing.

26302228535_51101d7e76_o.jpg

• Like 2

A & B are the new norm, C is not however, if you've already performed C then we'll take that into consideration during approvals. 

• Like 1

I have been searching for this answer for a while as my armor has 22mm on the verticals and only 15mm horizontal. I needed another inch or so anyway so I was planning to shim as stated here. Just happy to have confirmation about my decision! Even though my armor isn't ANOVOS this thread has been my "go to"!

Thank you.

So glad to hear this

This makes so much more sense and makes the shimming more straight- forward as well

So almost done with my build and big thanks once again to Tony for this thread - would've really been much more difficult without it. However still waiting for my boots to arrive then I can finish shins.... (I might come back with questions about that though haha).<br>

But now I have a question regarding the upper section on the back plate: the blue area is really pinching and hurting my skin so I am wondering two things: how far apart are back and front plate (how big is/should the gap be?) and would it be ok to cut some of the return edge to make this area more comfortable (red line Spule ne the cut).

Back plate. Return edge is to simulate thickness and is not required in most areas :duim: . 

If you're referring to the upper back that covers your shoulders, there's a section that discusses how to deal with the almost 90 degree bend in the armor. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/page-35#entry472795

Let me know if you need further asistance

• Like 3

Back plate. Return edge is to simulate thickness and is not required in most areas :duim: .

If you're referring to the upper back that covers your shoulders, there's a section that discusses how to deal with the almost 90 degree bend in the armor. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/page-35#entry472795

Let me know if you need further asistance

I believe this is the section you're referring to, Tony: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/?p=472795

(your link went to page 35, and it's actually on the prior page 34, post # 679)

I believe this is the section you're referring to, Tony: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/?p=472795

(your link went to page 35, and it's actually on the prior page 34, post # 679)

Yes thank you  ;)

Thanks! Yes, it has indeed an almost 90 degree angle... I just noticed the pic was not uploaded. Trying again...

Just sand off the part that's sticking into you. It's not required at all, so it can be removed if needed for comfort.

• Like 1