Ukswrath's ANOVOS TK build (stunt)

ukswrath

Im using the wire and elastic that I purchased from mr no stripes, all of the elastic I received were the same size

This is what I mean by the brackets. The elastic is supposed to all be the same length. b0e26bc0fd98362b66d87b42831e889a.jpg

On the front (right side of this image) if the tall and short brackets are installed backwards it will push your chest up as the elastic will be under tension. The tall brackets should be on the chest piece and the short ones should be on the ab/cod. That way when they over lap, as they should, the elastic isn't under tension, unless you bend/turn as it's designed to do.

*Photo is not mine. I believe it's from the MR Nostripes installation directions online. (So I assume you already have this.)

Edited by MoSc0ut
  • Like 1

This is what I mean by the brackets. The elastic is supposed to all be the same length. b0e26bc0fd98362b66d87b42831e889a.jpg

On the front (right side of this image) if the tall and short brackets are installed backwards it will push your chest up as the elastic will be under tension. The tall brackets should be on the chest piece and the short ones should be on the ab/cod. That way when they over lap, as they should, the elastic isn't under tension, unless you bend/turn as it's designed to do.

*Photo is not mine. I believe it's from the MR Nostripes installation directions online. (So I assume you already have this.)

Yeah this is exactly how I had them mounted, but for some reason it was still pulling the chest to high. I end up running a strap glued to the middle of the chest and the other end glued to the middle of the ab and can now adjust the chest up or down.

• Like 1

I had this same problem, so I used longer elastic connecting the ab and chest. Seems better now.

Something I will keep in mind once I actually attach everything. Parts are still being fitted.....I like the idea of elastic vs. nylon straps as it will have more give and put less stress on the brackets where they are mounted to the ABS. That's a potential weak point. As this is my first build only experience with similar materials on other projects tells me this!

I really like the sharing going on here, it's like a slow motion, world wide, armor party!

• Like 1

I still need to finish my legs! I think I need to trim more from the backs of the thighs, and I wanna make sure my shins are as skinny as I can get them. I see a lot of troopers with disproportionate extremities, and I don't wanna make the same mistake.

Just make sure to test fit with your shoes on. The shoes are likely to be wider than your actual shins, so if you make the shins too small your shoes get pinched and look really odd.
  • Like 2

Just make sure to test fit with your shoes on. The shoes are likely to be wider than your actual shins, so if you make the shins too small your shoes get pinched and look really odd.

1/2" rule ;)  

What that? :)

I stated the 1/2" rule earlier in my build. Basically meaning, if possible give yourself approximately 1/2" of room between yourself and your armor. This obviously won't work for everyone but it's a good rule to follow for fitment if at all possible.

• Like 2

I stated the 1/2" rule earlier in my build. Basically meaning, if possible give yourself approximately 1/2" of room between yourself and your armor. This obviously won't work for everyone but it's a good rule to follow for fitment if at all possible.

Ah, gotcha.

The 1/2" rule is perfect for nearly every piece of armor, but I'm not as sure about that with respect to the shins. I've seen threads (can't recall if here on FISD or in the Anovos FB group) where people were complaining that the larger sizes of the Chelsea/Jodhpur boots, particularly for those with larger feet, are substantially wider than normal boots or shoes. The 1/2" clearance might not be adequate in those cases. I know even with my size 10s (definitely not considered especially massive), I have more than 1/2" of boot in front and behind my shins, and it would look a little pinched if I only had 1/2" there. That opening gets bigger really fast, the larger the foot size. So if the shoes are handy (or will be), probably best to use the actual shoes for sizing, to avoid that pinched look I see so often.

Edited by kman
  • Like 2

Ah, gotcha.

I've seen threads (can't recall if here on FISD or in the Anovos FB group) where people were complaining that the larger sizes of the Chelsea/Jodhpur boots, particularly for those with larger feet, are substantially wider than normal boots or shoes. The 1/2" clearance might not be adequate in those cases. I know even with my size 10s (definitely not considered especially massive), I have more than 1/2" of boot in front and behind my shins. That opening gets bigger really fast, the larger the foot size. So if the shoes are handy (or will be), probably best to use the actual shoes for sizing, to avoid that pinched look I see so often.

Yea, the 1/2" rules doesn't always apply. More or less a reference to give yourself some room,

• Like 1

I need help and I know a lot of people follow this thread. I am short and the butt is hanging very low. Are we allowed to cut across the top of the butt to make it shorter to bring it up to the kidney? Please help. I know this will take off the top of the butt return edge. I do not have the skill to create another new return edge

I need help and I know a lot of people follow this thread. I am short and the butt is hanging very low. Are we allowed to cut across the top of the butt to make it shorter to bring it up to the kidney? Please help. I know this will take off the top of the butt return edge. I do not have the skill to create another new return edge

Hey Sean, yes however, before you go doing so can you post some pictures for us. We want to give you the best advice.

• Like 1

Hi Sean.  I'm a small Trooper as well, at 5'4" and I didn't have to trim the butt on top or below.

While I exhibit the "diaper look" when wearing the armor, it worked.

I agree with Tony.  Please post some pictures so we can provide proper suggestions for you.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys guys. It's been an interesting day of cutting and fitting and freaking out . If I am not mistaken you can only post pictures here using something like Photobucket so I'll try to reply and put some pictures up tonight. Thank you!

Thank you again for replying and sorry for not posting pictures sooner. I am also on the Anovos build page on Facebook so I have been using that as a resource and to talk to people as well as trying to use This thread as a model. I have tried to do everything Ukswrath has done. I tried to do the button hooks and failed miserable and had to add plastic back to my shins. I was freaking out. I was able to save it and add velcro which covers most of the new seam area which I abs pasted over and sanded. 

So I think most of my issues come from the fact that when I tried to dress yesterday before I started slashing the butt and thighs apart, My back piece was way to low causing everything to sag. I was so focus on the but and thigh overlap I never noticed the problem at the top. If I had pulled up on the whole back portion, everything would have come up. Sorry I don't have a before pic of this. However, I did trim the bottom of the butt and the tops of the thighs. I'd say I cut 2 to 2.5 inches all around. It does feel better I just hope I did not take off too much. I will post some "Practice" pictures. I have not yet submitted anything official yet. Please tell me your thoughts. People have already suggested using a double snap method because my poor velcro system is also causing things to not fit well making me think I have to keep cutting. Also in my photos some of the parts are twisting either in or out so that is causing things to look weird too. I feel like I don't have to take any more off the thighs or butt. I do need to attach the cod back to the ab. I kind of regret cutting that, and I may need to trim the bottom of the shins to lower them as i am having rubbing issues between the top of the shins and the bottom of the thighs. Last question is in normal for the cod "cup" to rub against the thighs when you walk? 

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/smglennon/embed/slideshow/Trimming%20and%20Fitting%20Pictures"></iframe>

Was trying to post pictures but I keep getting an error but this links to my photobucket hope it works. 

Edited by smglennon

Thank you again for replying and sorry for not posting pictures sooner. I am also on the Anovos build page on Facebook so I have been using that as a resource and to talk to people as well as trying to use This thread as a model. I have tried to do everything Ukswrath has done. I tried to do the button hooks and failed miserable and had to add plastic back to my shins. I was freaking out. I was able to save it and add velcro which covers most of the new seam area which I abs pasted over and sanded. 

So I think most of my issues come from the fact that when I tried to dress yesterday before I started slashing the butt and thighs apart, My back piece was way to low causing everything to sag. I was so focus on the but and thigh overlap I never noticed the problem at the top. If I had pulled up on the whole back portion, everything would have come up. Sorry I don't have a before pic of this. However, I did trim the bottom of the butt and the tops of the thighs. I'd say I cut 2 to 2.5 inches all around. It does feel better I just hope I did not take off too much. I will post some "Practice" pictures. I have not yet submitted anything official yet. Please tell me your thoughts. People have already suggested using a double snap method because my poor velcro system is also causing things to not fit well making me think I have to keep cutting. Also in my photos some of the parts are twisting either in or out so that is causing things to look weird too. I feel like I don't have to take any more off the thighs or butt. I do need to attach the cod back to the ab. I kind of regret cutting that, and I may need to trim the bottom of the shins to lower them as i am having rubbing issues between the top of the shins and the bottom of the thighs. Last question is in normal for the cod "cup" to rub against the thighs when you walk? 

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/smglennon/embed/slideshow/Trimming%20and%20Fitting%20Pictures"></iframe>

Was trying to post pictures but I keep getting an error but this links to my photobucket hope it works. 

Hey Sean I'd say at this point make sure you back to kidney plate is secure. If the thighs contact the cod from time to time it's not a bad thing however, you can always trim the things if you need to, just follow the contour of the cod if you choose to do so to ensure the area looks uniform.

Thank you. Were you able to see the pictures? Are the cuts and contours in the thighs that I have right now ok as they are? I def. have to fix the strapping issue. That happens tomorrow. On a side note, I do have a photobucket why am I not able to post the pics here. There are multiple share options on photobucket which option should I be using? Thank you!

Yea got a look at the pics, work on the strapping like you said, make sure the sections are aligned, cover strip forward and parallel with each other. With Photobucket use the "Direct" option and post here

;)  :duim:

Add%20image%20button.jpg

Ok good I had to make my photobucket private for a bit just realized it was backing up my entire phone library online dont want that lol

yea, no lol

Hey Tony, I've got a few questions about my left forearm piece. I'm a rock climber, so my forearms are a little disproportionately thick, and I've found that after prepping the forearm for assembly the top opening (the elbow) has too much return edge and is touching my forearm in three places. I've got pictures:

This is where the piece touches my forearm on the two sides (taken focusing on the inside of the arm)

Snapchat-8619576832759640494.jpg

This is where the piece touches in the same places (taken focusing on the outside of the arm)

Snapchat-3875264835452316658.jpg

And this is where the piece touches my elbow

Snapchat-5961340866901433040.jpg

So really my question is this: how much return edge can I reasonably remove and maintain the ability to make centurion? In addition to that, are there any other problems you can see with this piece so far? Thanks!