Ukswrath's ANOVOS TK build (stunt)

ukswrath

Hey Jason, I think I know what your talking about but for starters if you purchased the correct size belt from kittle you shouldn't have to worry about that fitting. As for rear armor fitment at 5'11 you shouldn't have much to be concerned with except for possibly the back plate near your shoulders. Instead of having a gradual taper upwards the Anovos design practically does a 90 degree into your back. If that's the case you may have to make some alterations to that section of the armor. If you have any pics or a build thread we could help you out more.

I found someone who was approximately the same height who was EIB approved and looked at his application pictures.  I reached out to him to find out what he did and looks like I will have to heat the top connections of the back plate up so that the angle is much softer.  That will allow it to get closer to my back and go lower, and hopefully that gap will be gone.  I'll start and see how it goes, asking questions later on if things still don't work.  How much return edge are we allowed to remove from the back plate?

I do have a build thread going, you can pop in once in a while to make sure I'm on the right track.  I'll probably end up doing a major update after tomorrow as I'm hosting a build party (hopefully a bunch show) and plan to get everything ready to assemble.  The forearms and biceps need gluing, but I have to figure out my shins and trim the thighs.  Here's the link if you want to pop in here and there...

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36455-e-palpatines-anovos-build/

I found someone who was approximately the same height who was EIB approved and looked at his application pictures.  I reached out to him to find out what he did and looks like I will have to heat the top connections of the back plate up so that the angle is much softer.  That will allow it to get closer to my back and go lower, and hopefully that gap will be gone.  I'll start and see how it goes, asking questions later on if things still don't work.  How much return edge are we allowed to remove from the back plate?

I do have a build thread going, you can pop in once in a while to make sure I'm on the right track.  I'll probably end up doing a major update after tomorrow as I'm hosting a build party (hopefully a bunch show) and plan to get everything ready to assemble.  The forearms and biceps need gluing, but I have to figure out my shins and trim the thighs.  Here's the link if you want to pop in here and there...

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36455-e-palpatines-anovos-build/

Back plate return edge? All of it if you wish but, I would leave some, maybe 1/8" though it's up to you

I'll take a look at your thread. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for posting all this great information. It helped me through my own build, and to get my approval!

TK 43674

Excellent, glad to be of assistance

• Like 1

I have a question regarding the chest plate to the ab. I am using the same connections you recommend but it seems the chest is staying to high up and it pushing up on the helmet. I'm 5'10" and everything else so far is fitting fine

I have a question regarding the chest plate to the ab. I am using the same connections you recommend but it seems the chest is staying to high up and it pushing up on the helmet. I'm 5'10" and everything else so far is fitting fine

Post a picture from the front and side

I am having trouble uploading the pictures, It says they are to large. I got with a local 501st member and he suggested I attach a strap down the middle to help pull the chest down so I will be putting a strap from the chest to the back of the ab plate. 

I am having trouble uploading the pictures, It says they are to large. I got with a local 501st member and he suggested I attach a strap down the middle to help pull the chest down so I will be putting a strap from the chest to the back of the ab plate. 

I had that same problem.  Go to Photobucket.com and create a free account.  Size your pictures to about 336x448 and that will keep the picture size down on the thread.  Then upload them to Photobucket and grab the Direct URL and paste it into the image box where you want it on the post.  You can post as many pictures as you'd like.

Beaker....go back and edit your message...but look for the Image button in the tools...right under the smiley and just to the left.  That'll bring up a box prompt to paste the Direct URL into and that will allow the pictures to show up on the thread.

post-26570-0-73707400-1461004009_thumb.png

As for your pictures...it looks like the chest plate is high up on your chest by itself, with the return edge jutting right up against your neck.  That's going to make it hit your helmet.  Can you slide it down some?  Maybe strapping it to the Ab Plate using nylon instead of elastic....

Edited by E_Palpatine
  • Like 1

Beaker....go back and edit your message...but look for the Image button in the tools...right under the smiley and just to the left.  That'll bring up a box prompt to paste the Direct URL into and that will allow the pictures to show up on the thread.

attachicon.gifmessage.png

As for your pictures...it looks like the chest plate is high up on your chest by itself, with the return edge jutting right up against your neck.  That's going to make it hit your helmet.  Can you slide it down some?  Maybe strapping it to the Ab Plate using nylon instead of elastic....

Yeah I end up replacing the elastic with a nylon strap with a clip glued to the middle of the ab plate so I can adjust it. I tried to edit my comment but it said not allowed so I will try and re-post.

Hey Aaron I took a look at your pictures. Have you tried to lengthen the chest to back strapping? This should allow the chest to settle down a bit. Though it's hard to tell with your jeans on but maybe you can bring the ab, back, kidney and butt plate down a bit also, if lengthening the straps doesn't help.

Hey Aaron I took a look at your pictures. Have you tried to lengthen the chest to back strapping? This should allow the chest to settle down a bit. Though it's hard to tell with your jeans on but maybe you can bring the ab, back, kidney and butt plate down a bit also, if lengthening the straps doesn't help.

This pictures is before I have attached the chest to the back strapping. I tried with my undersuit and I have gotten the same results. I have decided to remove the elastic that came with the mr no stripes kit and put nylon strapping for now. Thanks for the help and the build thread as I am constantly referencing this.

This pictures is before I have attached the chest to the back strapping. I tried with my undersuit and I have gotten the same results. I have decided to remove the elastic that came with the mr no stripes kit and put nylon strapping for now. Thanks for the help and the build thread as I am constantly referencing this.

:duim:

Cobalt .. Your chest is too high.

It seems like you either attached it too high on the shoulder strips or your back is pulling the strips too far down from behind thus pulling the chest piece up in your neck abd bucket.

Are the strips centered on your shoulders?

Cobalt .. Your chest is too high.

It seems like you either attached it too high on the shoulder strips or your back is pulling the strips too far down from behind thus pulling the chest piece up in your neck abd bucket.

Are the strips centered on your shoulders?

Shoulders are free floating. I haven't attached any strapping from the chest to the back. I just went ahead and got rid of the elastic and placed nylon strapping to I can pull the chest down.

Couldn't he also shorten the ab plate by removing from the top, create a new return edge and attach the brackets, thus lowering the chest? TK1636 mentioned doing this for shorter people to make it fit correctly. The screen used suits fit an average height of 5'9" - 5'10" if the ANOVOS set is sized similar and he is shorter than that it may explain the problem.

Jim

Edited by MoSc0ut

Im 5'10" and I think that i need some longer elastic for these straps, but for now nylon will do.

Hard to tell from the pictures. Are you using the traditional strapping? If so do you have the long ones and short ones mixed up possibly? This could push that chest plate up by as much as 2". Sorry if I'm repeating any info. I'm in the process of getting mine situated and when I laid it all out and set stuff where it was going to go I had them flipped at first. It didn't look right so I went back to the Trooper Bay video on you tube and sure enough I had them backwards! Thankfully I hadn't tightened anything.