Ukswrath's ANOVOS TK build (stunt)

ukswrath

THANK YOU so much for all of the hard work and time you have put into this thread and keeping us up to date on developments like this!  Having this guide to follow has helped immeasurably as I begin to dig into my own Anovos build.  :smiley-sw013:

:duim:

Hi Tony,<br><br>

Just got my kit from Anovos and it looks great. Luckily I found your amazing tutorial here - I'm all new to this *excited* <br>

One first question though: are you actually cutting through the plastic with the sharpie knife, or do you just cut, let's say until half the thickness and then bend and "break" it of? Where to place the cut - in the middle of the gap or more toward the part that stays (regarding the rounding/bevel). I guess using sandpaper to finish it is obligatory...<br><br>

Thanks so much again - this will be quite a project for me :)<br><br>

Rob

Score x1 sometimes 2 then snap off, exacto knife. I suggest cutting at the cut indents. If you need to trim later then trim, if you need to shim then you'll shim.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Assembly cont....

6d. Ab to Kidney left side strapping

In this section I'll be illustrating how assembly the left side Ab to Kidney strapping using Anovos supplied components except for paint, which will be needed to paint the rivet heads.

Using the following items from the Anovos kit, cut three 1-1/2" strips of the 1" nylon webbing. 

IMG_7325.jpg

IMG_7326.jpg

If you drilled the holes in the Ab and Kidney as specified in the pre-assembly section (which was 10mm from the edge) then the distance between the two sections should be 20mm.

Create two sets of holes 20mm apart using a leather punch or other.

IMG_7328.jpg

IMG_7332.jpg

Install the Anovos supplied rivets in the Ab and Kidney holes with the spit end facing inwards.

IMG_7333.jpg 

Install a section of nylon webbing followed by the Anovos supplied flat washer

IMG_7338.jpg

Place the head of the rivet on something sturdy. Using a chisel and hammer split the rivet.

IMG_7337.jpg

IMG_7338.jpg

Once split, using the hammer continue to drive the split ends down until flat. Follow his procedure for the remaining rivets.

IMG_7339.jpg 

What it should look like when finished

IMG_7363.jpg

Paint rivet heads. Testers Gloss White seem to match pretty well. 

IMG_7738-crop.jpg

Left side finished

• Like 1

Assembly cont....

6d. Ab to Kidney left side strapping

In this section I'll be illustrating how assembly the left side Ab to Kidney strapping using Anovos supplied components except for paint, which will be needed to paint the rivet heads.

Using the following items from the Anovos kit, cut three 1-1/2" strips of the 1" nylon webbing. 

IMG_7325.jpg

IMG_7326.jpg

If you a drilled the holes in the Ab and Kidney as specified in the pre-assembly section, which was 10mm from the edge then you had have a 20mm distance between the two sections holes. Create two sets of holes 20mm apart using a leather punch or other.

IMG_7328.jpg

IMG_7332.jpg

Install the Anovos supplied rivets in the Ab and Kidney holes with the spit end facing inwards.

IMG_7333.jpg 

Install a section of nylon wen webbing followed by the Anovos supplied flat washer

IMG_7338.jpg

Place the head of the rivet on something sturdy. Using a chisel and hammer split the rivet.

IMG_7337.jpg

IMG_7338.jpg

Once split, using the hammer continue to drive the split ends down until flat. Follow his procedure for the remaining rivets.

IMG_7339.jpg 

What it should look like when finished

IMG_7363.jpg

Paint rivet heads

IMG_7341.jpg

Left side finished

• Like 1

6e. Ab to kidney Right side strapping

Leaving off from sections 4f and 4g, In this next section I'll be illustrating how to create and install the right side Ab to Kidney connecting elastic strap. 

Reference pic

gallery_12157_16_24471-cropb.jpg

Using a 3-1/2" or so section of elastic out of the Anovos supplied kit, fold one end over 3/4" and sew.

Note: If you're have trouble closing the armor half sections you might want to make the strap a bit longer ;) .

IMG_7310.jpg

IMG_7311.jpg

Punch a hole in the center of the fold then install a female snap with the head on the non folded side.

IMG_7312.jpgIMG_7315.jpg

Double check the strap measurement then measure the distance from the male snap on the ab side to the kidney return edge, subtract 1/2" for stretching. Measure and mark location on the kidney. Apply glue to the elastic or armor and clamp.

IMG_7316.jpgIMG_7319.jpgIMG_7321.jpgIMG_7324.jpg

Let dry

6g. Bracket System final assembly

In this section we'll be continuing from section 6a. I'll be illustrating the final installation of the bracket system which connects the chest plate to the ab plate, back plate to kidney, and kidney to posterior. This will be performed using Mr. NoStripes bracket system mentioned on page 1.  The bracket kit consists of 18 brackets, 15 short, 3 long, 9 connection elastic, machine screws and nuts. 

Due to this armor being so thin later on my build will illustrate how to create support pads for the brackets essentially spreading the stress over the entire bracket area surface instead of just at the screw heads. Being this is not movie accurate I'm keeping it separate from the original assembly.  

Reference pictures

gallery_12157_59_110928.jpg

gallery_12157_59_239722.jpg

The three longest brackets are mounted on the chest, the reminder are mounted on the ab, back, kidney and posterior. 

Starting with the posterior install the bracket connection and machine screws like so.

IMG_7300.jpg

After completing one section install the adjacent section, incorporating the elastic connection material.

IMG_7302.jpg

The assembly is pretty straight forward with all the brackets however, the center ab bracket will need to be bent a bit so that the bracket mount flat with the armor. Using a pair of pliers bend it into place.

IMG_7305.jpgIMG_7307.jpg

After installation

IMG_7308.jpgIMG_7309.jpg

Afterwards paint the heads of the machine screws white, they are to blend into the color of the armor. It's also recommended adding a dab of E6000 to the screw heads to help prevent the nut from backing off. NOTE: DO NOT use Loctite or an equivalent thread locking chemical as it may be harmful to the ABS material.

8f. Shoulder Cover Retaining Strap

In this short section I'll be illustrating how to install the shoulder cover retaining strap.

Using 3/16" white elastic, cut two sections roughly 6" long.

IMG_7355.jpgIMG_7356.jpg

Wrap it around the shoulder strap and cover. Tie the ends in a tight knot. Slip it over the back plate and secure the covers.

IMG_7357.jpgIMG_7359.jpgIMG_7445.jpg 

Hi Tony, I wanted to ask you whats the maximum gap I could have between my bicep and forearm pieces as I have quite long arm so don't want to look like odd  :blink:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35758-welshchris77s-anovos-build/page-2#entry473949

Hey Chris great question, as much as there should be little to no gap between the two if you're long arm Larry like me you need to balance the three sections out as much as possible. Looking at some screen reference pics basically bicep sits in the elbow joint. 

gallery_12157_59_74335.jpggallery_14191_18_118398.jpggallery_14191_18_314894.jpg

I would encourage you to take a look at some Centurion applications and see what others have done to overcome the situation.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/

8e. Shoulder Cover assembly

Continuing on from section sections 8a and 8b, I'll be illustrating how to install the shoulder strap covers.  

Reference Pics

gallery_12157_11_894568-crop.jpgLeft%20bicep-crop.jpggallery_12157_11_941408-crop2.jpggallery_12157_11_941408-crop.jpg

Cover strips trimmed. Ready chest for install

IMG_6842.jpgIMG_6841.jpg

A good question that is always asked is how many cover strip ribs are to be on the chest plate? Looking at the pics above 4-6 in addition to the largest rib that faces forward is the average. If you have large shoulders you may have to go down to 3.

Assembly. Add glue to cover strips and clamp.

Note: Some peeps add strips of plastic in the valleys (in between the ribs) however, in my opinion the chest section is flat enough that doesn't need to be done.

IMG_7367.jpg

Clamp and let dry.

Left

IMG_7369.jpg

Right

IMG_7369.jpgIMG_7372.jpgIMG_7374.jpg

Dried

IMG_7444.jpgIMG_7461.jpgIMG_7463.jpgIMG_7465.jpgIMG_7466.jpg

Clean off excess glue.

EDIT: Forgot I'd already posted the cover elastic retainer, well here it is again.

Install Centurion required shoulder cover elastic retainer. Using 3/16" white elastic cut two sections at 6". wrap them around the shoulder straps and covers, tie in a tight knot and cut off excess.

IMG_7355.jpgIMG_7356.jpgIMG_7357.jpg

Finished

IMG_7445.jpg

5b. Posterior rivet assembly

In this section I'll be installing the posterior "S" snaps. Continuing from 4g

Note: Line 24 snaps will work here also.

Reference pic. A you'll notice some have 1 snap others have 2. 

gallery_12157_59_65883-crop.jpggallery_12157_16_50082-cropb.jpg

Using a two snap system, starting with the posterior measure in 1-3/8" and 5/8" or so from the tip of the cod.

IMG_6684.jpg

As mentioned in the ab sections , using the same specifications to drill holes and install male snaps.

IMG_6687.jpgIMG_6689.jpgIMG_6688.jpg

At this point you should be able to connect the cod strap.

6f. Posterior to Cod

In this section I'll be illustrating to to make and install the Cod to posterior strap. Continuing from 4g

Using the 1" x 4" section of elastic from the Anovos supplied bag of goodies, in the case the hand guard elastic, remove or cut off the velcro.

IMG_7345.jpg

IMG_7346.jpg

Fold over one end 1/2", punch hole and install snap. On the opposite side do not fold but punch hole for cod split rivet.

IMG_7348.jpgIMG_7350.jpgIMG_7351.jpgIMG_7352.jpgIMG_7353.jpg

Similar to that of the side split rivets, install rivet, washer and elastic.

IMG_7365.jpgIMG_7315.jpgIMG_7364.jpg

So I finally found some time to try the described technique (score & snap). Worked quite well and is also considerably faster! Many thanks again for explaining it! I guess I was just to "scared" to really snap it fearing to break/tear something... 

Now I have the forearm parts but as others asked already too the armor seems way too big for my forearms so I need to trim - question is: if I trim the inside part, do I have to cut both (long) sides? For example if I need to loose 10mm circumference is it ok to cut those 10 mm away from one side or do I have to cut 5 mm on each so that the shape does not look unbalanced? 

Regarding the lower repeating edge of the forearm (at the wrist): As described here, to be film accurate and for Centurion level these have to go: question is before or after assembly/glueing? 

Thanks for all the help!

So I finally found some time to try the described technique (score & snap). Worked quite well and is also considerably faster! Many thanks again for explaining it! I guess I was just to "scared" to really snap it fearing to break/tear something... 

Now I have the forearm parts but as others asked already too the armor seems way too big for my forearms so I need to trim - question is: if I trim the inside part, do I have to cut both (long) sides? For example if I need to loose 10mm circumference is it ok to cut those 10 mm away from one side or do I have to cut 5 mm on each so that the shape does not look unbalanced? 

Regarding the lower repeating edge of the forearm (at the wrist): As described here, to be film accurate and for Centurion level these have to go: question is before or after assembly/glueing? 

Thanks for all the help!

The forearm cover strips are 15mm in width. As illustrated in my forearm assembly section, perform a fitment check. If the forearm are as big as you say then start with the front sections and cut each side equally so that when finished the return edge is just outside the total width of the cover strip.

The return edge on the wrist side is to be removed for Centurion level. You can remove it before the assembly or after. I personally remove it after the forearms are assembled.

Hope this helps 

• Like 1

7h. Thigh Support System (part 2)

Continuing from part 1. With very little reference pictures the other half of the thigh support strap was either connected to waist belt via a anchor of some sort or looped around. If I'm incorrect someone I'm sure will let me know. That said, I'll be illustrating how to perform the loop version.

In a nutshell I had my trooper install the thighs and a leather belt he's using, loop the elastic around the belt, marked the location and sewed the ends.

IMG_7485.jpgIMG_7487.jpgIMG_7483.jpg

Legs finished

• Like 2

15a. Helmet Modification For Centurion and/or Accuracy Part 1

Part 2 http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/?p=476501

Note: Out of the box the Anovos helmet meets basic, EIB and SHOULD meet Centurion standards however, their helmets are notorious for having paint overspray around the frown. During Centurion approvals if we see any over spray we will ask it to be removed.  ;)  :duim:  

IMG_6833b.jpg

ANH Stunt also has a unique frown where it extends past the last tooth (uncut gap in the frown). Since you may already be working to repair the frown we would like that be fixed as well, pretty please.

Reference pic

gallery_12157_36_77206bc.jpg

Anovos

IMG_6144a.jpg

So... in this section I'll be illustrating how to make the helmet more accurate. Besides what's mentioned above the following modifications will be suggestions for accuracy only.

Starting with the frown, remove the inner screen to avoid getting paint on it, clean off overspray and repaint. Note: You can also square up the teeth a bit to give it a sharper look as Gazmosis did in his Anovos Helmet Rebuild tutorial.

IMG_6836.jpg

Using paint thinner or Goof-off spray (not industrial strength) gently but firmly remove the over spray

IMG_6837.jpg

After

IMG_6929-cropb.jpg

Repaint the frown

IMG_7383.jpgIMG_7384.jpgIMG_7385.jpgIMG_7386.jpg

Now for the eye sockets. Anovos left generous amounts of return edge for some reason. Not that it's all a bad thing judging by the reference pics below but we think it's a little excessive. In some cases if it's too excessive, at the Centurion level you may be asked to remove some.

gallery_14191_25_57708.jpg

Anovos (left)

IMG_7387.jpg

Anovos (Right)

IMG_7388.jpg

Cleaning up the eyes a bit.

After

IMG_7389.jpgIMG_7390.jpgIMG_7391.jpg

Brow. Anovos put the helmet together with a straight brow, I personally like mine tapered. Here's a reference pic. Guy on the left has a straight brow like Anovos, the guy on the right has a tapered version. Either one is perfectly acceptable.  

gallery_12157_11_221217.jpg 

Start by removing all the internal components, "S" seal and ears. 

After pulling the helmet apart I removed the Frankenstein lump above the brow which gave me better control over how the two sections of the helmet come together.

IMG_7396.jpg 

IMG_7401.jpg

Reassemble the sections. Using magnets, center and position the brow the way I wanted.

IMG_7402.jpgIMG_7404.jpgIMG_7405.jpg

Mark and drill new centering hole. Illustrated to the left of the magnet. The holes above and below the magnet are the ear mounting screws.

IMG_7407.jpg

Install a couple of pop rivets. Though you technically only need one rivet or centering screw, I used two on each side due to the lower section of helmet wanting to spring out. Again the lower rivet is preference.

IMG_7408.jpgIMG_7409.jpg   

IMG_7410.jpg

Installing the ears. So I reinstalled the ears setting them up similar to that of this reference pic.

gallery_12157_13_296927.jpg

My setup. I believe my brass replacement screws are a bit big so I may be posting some updated images. The intent here was to position the ears correctly.

IMG_7412.jpgIMG_7413.jpgIMG_7414.jpgIMG_7420.jpg

IMG_7424.jpg

Hovi tips. Eventually these will be replaced  ;) but until then I'll be replacing the steel mesh with something not as fine.

Reference pic

gallery_12157_13_2384034-crop.jpg

Anovos

IMG_7431.jpg

Remove screen and install replacement

IMG_7432.jpg

Before

IMG_7433.jpg

After

IMG_7435.jpg

IMG_7436.jpg

Reinstall the mesh inside the frown, giving it a little trim. Simply hot glue at each end and in the middle.

Face kinda looks cool from the inside don't you think? Menacing 

IMG_7441.jpg 

BOO!  ;) 

IMG_7442.jpg

IMG_7443.jpg

Lens time. 

I mounted my lens as seen here in this reference pic. Not entirely sure of its accurate but l use the same technique in all my buckets and it works excellent.

gallery_12157_59_75873.jpg

Long story short center your lens material, firmly pres against the ear screws leaving a dimple in the material. Drill the dimpled area with the same screw size, in my case 3/16". Install lens.

IMG_7450.jpgIMG_7452.jpgIMG_7448.jpg 

After a fitment my trooper complained about the lens material sitting on his nose. Using a sharpie I traced out the eye sockets and around the mounting holes then did some trimming.

IMG_7451.jpg

After

IMG_7453.jpgIMG_7454.jpgIMG_7455.jpg

Part 2 http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/?p=476501

• Like 3

Impressive work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike, learned from the best here on the FISD.

I am currently fitting/trimming the forearms, so far so good. I have noticed though that I have lots of space around the wrist area, so I am wondering:

1. Is ok to trim the butt connections without being parallel to the original butt connection (to make the armor smaller in diameter at wrist area)? So would cutting along the red lines be ok, or should it stay parallel? On the front I followed your recommendation and cut parallel to have about 8mm on each side to fit the 15mm strip. 

2. The other question is about trimming the left forearm to get rid of the return edge. Both sides are angled when viewing from the side, so shall we cut straight (green line) or follow the original shape (red line)? 

Thanks!!

I'd say yes within reason. I would suggest finishing the front section first, then recheck the clearance before cutting more off the back. Make sure your hand fits, etc.

I just wanted to say thank you so very much to UKSwath and all the others for the information in this thread. I am officially approved for 501st.

You can call me TK41973!

404f8d37f294f13fd7c203512e33ae29.jpg

Alright Chris! congrats brother, welcome to the 501st.

Hi Tony!<br><br>

Thanks for the helmet mod suggestions so we can get to Centurion. I assume re-paint the frown with Humbrol #5 Gray? Same as the control panel?<br><br>

Thanks Jeff

My pleasure and yes.

Great helmet tutorial for Centurion status!  I know a few guys that will be like...... "Dayam..... I have to do all that?!!!!"

* i'm sending them your way .....  i'm closing my workshop *     :laugh1:

Santa never closes his toy shop, get back to work Walter haha

• Like 2

15c. Hovi tip mod

Before diving into the helmet part 2 I was asked to make a tutorial on how to replace the hovi tip screens for better accuracy. Instead of doing that let me just elaborate a bit on how it is done. 

Note: This is not required for any levels of approval. Also, if after reading this you don't feel like making this mod you can also buy the hovi sets from a few vendors in the sales section. For the rest of you, continue reading. 

Before. Fine screen mesh, not accurate.

IMG_7433.jpg

Reference pic, accurate

gallery_12157_13_2384034-crop.jpg

1) Remove Hovis from bucket

2) Using a small (4") pair of needle nose pliers or similar, poke a hole through the screen material using one tip of the pliers.

3) Once through clamp down and twist until the screen detaches from the glue.

IMG_7430.jpg  

4) Using and exacto knife or similar remove any excess glue remaining on the hovi.

5) The screen. The screen I use are from the same hovi audio tips I sell. They're produced by using a special (somewhat expensive) screen punch tool. That said, before I purchased the tool I either purchased them pre cut or made them using the poor mans method.

Poor mans method - Head to your local dollar store or similar and purchase a flour sifter with relatively course mesh. Using a pair of tin snips, sheers, or strong scissors (you may have to throw away afterwards) cut a 17mm diameter patch of screen. Note this may take a little practice.

6) Install the screen using your fingernails or small screw driver to gently force the screen inside the hovi.

7) Secure screen with a tiny amount CA glue or similar.

After

IMG_7435.jpg 

• Like 2

Good sir, the screen looks very similar to the screen from a faucet head - has this type of screen ever been found at Plumbing Wholesalers?

Nothing says it cant be used :duim:  

The $1 store flour sifter was a cheaper alternative suggestion. 

• Like 2

On 3/11/2016 at 10:22 AM, mikidymac said:

I have the same issue and question on some parts.. I trimmed them larger than the molded cut lines so they will fit without shims but you can see the molded cut lines. So I too am curious if this is an approval deal breaker?

No not really, heck we have troopers all day long adding shims to the armor however, the question is are these faint cut lines visible? If not no worries, if they are cover them up with filler. With Jim's photo above he could easily add room by simply removing the upper return edge off the thigh. I'm not sure what the main issue is at this moment, still waiting for a reply.

15b. Helmet Modifications for Centurion and Accuracy (part 2)

Part 1- http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/?p=475530

Finishing off the helmet, let's start with accurate foam insert, again this is for accuracy only. There's nothing that says you have to do it this way. Padding or hard hat insert doesn't matter for any level of approval.

Reference pic

gallery_12157_38_3539.jpg 

Using 1/2" to 3/4" foam cut out a section similar to this.

IMG_7500.jpg

Install in helmet

IMG_7624.jpg

Chin strap

Starting with to 8" x 3/4" black elastic, fold over the ends 1" and sew

IMG_7502.jpg

Center at each end and punch a 1/8" hole through both sections.

IMG_7503.jpg

Install a male "S" snap on one end of of one elastic, a female on the other

IMG_7504.jpgIMG_7505.jpg

Check operation before installing in helmet

IMG_7507.jpg

Install on lower ear stud and secure with nut

IMG_7508.jpgIMG_7509.jpgIMG_7511.jpg

IMG_7518.jpg

Finished. Ready for polishing

IMG_7512.jpgIMG_7514.jpgIMG_7517.jpg

Part 1- http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/?p=475530

• Like 1

14b. Hand Guard, Centurion Update

In this section I'll be illustrating how to install flexible hard guards, not supplied by Anovos. Anovos supplied are obviously made of ABS plastic which are accepted at 501st basic and EIB however, rubber are required for Centurion.

Anovos

IMG_7496.jpg

Besides trimming down the height of the plastic to around 1/4", how to install it is quite simple. Using the Anovos supplied velcro attach a section (with sticky backing) to the underside of the plastic hand guard. Attach the above shown hand strap then slide the strap over your hand. Note: The hand guards are left and right specific.

To illustrate the Centurion level installation I'll be using a set of Joseph's hand guards and the Anovos supplied gloves.

Using alcohol or  similar clean the top of the glove and the bottom of the rubber hand guard.

IMG_7577.jpg

Test fit.

Note: The hand guards are left and right specific as mentioned above. The front of the hand guards are to be aligned with the lowest section between your fingers like so.

Left hand

IMG_7579.jpg

Prepare to install.

IMG_7580.jpg

I personally install foam into the glove prior to gluing the guard. 

IMG_7582.jpg

IMG_7583.jpg

Apply painters tape to top of guard. Add glue then attach to glove. Wrap with additional tape and let dry.

Note: I use CA glue when attaching hand guards, works better for me than E6000.

IMG_7584.jpg

IMG_7585.jpg

Finished. Clean off excess glue if necessary

IMG_7587.jpg

• Like 2

Tony, so after cleaning up the overspray and correcting the paint on the frown, does the Anovos paintjob already passable for Centurion level? No required correction on the stripes, etc?

Looking forward to your thread on working magic inside the bucket (ie fans, speakers, etc). Unless I missed an existing thread?

Inspiring posts as always, Tony!

11b. Waist belt Centurion Update

In this section I'll be illustrating how to replace the Anovos supplied belt and install a more accurate, required belt. In this case I'll be using a belt from Kittle.

Remove old belt. Remove holster and drop boxes. Drill rivet heads holding cloth belt to ammo belt.

Old cloth belt

IMG_7519.jpg

Flip over and drill out rivet head. Separate the sections.

IMG_7521.jpg

Use something to gently pry rivet cover off ammo belt. Note: The cap is held on with plastic welder adhesive, very strong. If your having difficulty removing the cap a hot water bath or similar may assist in softening the glue. I know a butter knife isn't the best tool for the job but it worked.

IMG_7523.jpg

After removal. I damaged the ammo belt under center cap, no biggie, easy to fix.

IMG_7524.jpgIMG_7525.jpgIMG_7526.jpg 

Using a dremel or other finished removing the remaining glue from the caps and belt.

IMG_7527.jpgIMG_7528.jpgIMG_7529.jpg

Slight detour. Using garage sale sign material I repaired damages to belt from the back side. Using E6000 or other to adhere. 

IMG_7531.jpgIMG_7532.jpgIMG_7534.jpg

After

IMG_7539.jpgIMG_7540.jpg

Back on track. Measure, locate and mark the center of cloth belt

IMG_7535.jpgIMG_7536.jpgIMG_7537.jpg 

Center ammo belt with cloth belt vertically and horizontally.

IMG_7541.jpg

Mark the cloth belt using the center, left and right ammo belt to cloth belt mounting holes

IMG_7543.jpg43cb41f1-e437-43b0-9eb2-bfafc924b747.jpg0b0438b9-0c62-48c1-8225-83f7bb9de4f2.jpg 

Preparing the cloth belt for mounting. Since the male snaps are already mounted installing the cloth belt is pretty simple. First I measured the distance of overlapping ammo belt, which ends up being roughly 8mm.

0288826d-f2a2-4a50-bb81-82d7c47734d7.jpg 

I placed the cloth belt on the ab just below the ab button mount lower edge. Measuring up 8mm to ensure the the ammo belt did not cover any of the painted buttons. 

IMG_7548.jpg

Next I took a lead pencil and marked the top of the male snaps

IMG_7549.jpg

Afterwards ensuring the belt was horizontal with the ab I pressed the belt against the male snaps leaving pencil material on the belt. After this I double and triple checked the alignment and height. 

IMG_7551.jpg 

Moving on. Using a 1/8" leather punch create holes for the mounting snaps.

IMG_7553.jpg

Install female "S" snaps then test fit belt.

IMG_7556.jpgIMG_7557.jpgIMG_7558.jpg

Continue and create holes to attach cloth belt to ammo belt. 

IMG_7558.jpg

Using 1/8" x 1/4" pop rivets and washers connect cloth and ammo belts. Afterwards test fit belt again.

IMG_7560.jpgIMG_7561.jpgIMG_7562.jpgIMG_7564.jpgIMG_7565.jpg 

Apply E6000 glue to caps and install. Let dry.

IMG_7569.jpgIMG_7570.jpgIMG_7572.jpg

Installing drop boxes

Cut two sections of 3/4" x 10" elastic.

IMG_7604.jpg

Overlap the ends and punch a 1/8" hole roughly 1/2" from the end of the elastic.

IMG_7605.jpg

Wrap elastic around cloth belt. Align drop box with ammo belt, mark drop box through newly created holes in elastic.

IMG_7606.jpgIMG_7607.jpgIMG_7609.jpg

Drill 1/8" holes in drop boxes at marked locations. Using 1/8" x 1'4" rivets with washers secure elastic to drop box.

IMG_7610.jpgIMG_7612.jpgIMG_7613.jpg

As previously mentioned in EIB belt modification, glue drop box elastic to to cloth belt. 

Installing holster 

Using template measure 20mm from ammo belt edge and 15mm from cloth belt lower edge. Mark location

IMG_7589.jpgIMG_7592.jpg

Check holster alignment

c691b6ff-ee64-46d1-a50f-202f824f9b78.jpgIMG_7595.jpg

Using a 3/16" leather punch create holster holes in cloth belt

IMG_7597.jpgIMG_7598.jpg9483f6ed-fd86-487a-a413-c7e1a974b290.jpg71115150-8271-466a-a9f8-b838bef4cb6d.jpg

Using Anovos Chicago screws mount holster.

IMG_7615.jpgIMG_7617.jpg

IMG_7618.jpg

Finished.

IMG_7620.jpgIMG_7619.jpgIMG_7621.jpgIMG_7622.jpg

Tony, so after cleaning up the overspray and correcting the paint on the frown, does the Anovos paintjob already passable for Centurion level? No required correction on the stripes, etc?

Looking forward to your thread on working magic inside the bucket (ie fans, speakers, etc). Unless I missed an existing thread?

Inspiring posts as always, Tony!

Yes unless the tube stripes are too far from the face. We've seen some as far away as 5/8". They're supposed to be a pencil width, give or take a smidgen ;) 

Haven't posted the electronics yet. Waiting for the trooper to receive 501st approval first and thanks for the kind words.