WIP - Jacketrat's Anovos Classic Stormtrooper

Yesterday, I received the Anovos Imperial Stormtrooper kit.  I ordered it on April 14, 2015; it arrived January 23, 2015.  Just so everyone knows, it ships FedEx Home Delivery and requires a signature.  It will not be left on the doorstep without a signature.

For anyone who has ever received an armor kit, you know that the boxes are understandably large.  But Anovos will actually be shipping the kit in two boxes.  From what I understand, all the soft parts will arrive later.  This will include the undersuit and the gloves.

12573795_10153905768246170_4968724682111

Opening the box was pretty cool.  Just underneath the flap, there were large, poster-size images of an Imperial stormtrooper.  These could easily be framed and displayed on a wall.

IMG_20160124_120907.jpg

IMG_20160124_120923.jpg

I did an unboxing video.  The video will be posted on my Facebook page if you want to see how the kit is packed inside.

After the unboxing, I laid most of all the parts on the table.  I'm hesitant to fully unpack the kit.  Firstly, I don't have my dremel or tools on hand to begin the trimming.  Make no mistake, all the parts will have to be trimmed before you can assemble.  So since I don't have my tools, I didn't see the point of a full unbox.  I wanted to be able to repack everything back into the original box.

IMG_20160124_120054.jpg

On first inspection, all the pieces look to be of typical ABS plastic.  There's a good thickness, and I'm quite pleased with the results.  But I admit that I didn't do an in-depth inspection.

IMG_20160124_120413.jpg

IMG_20160124_120357.jpg

IMG_20160124_120409.jpg

One detail that pleased me is that the belt comes fully assembled.  The drop boxes and holster is already attached.  All you have to do is unwrap it.  Pretty cool, huh?  

IMG_20160124_120230.jpg

There are a couple smaller bags inside the kit.  The two smaller bags include all the parts for the thermal detonator and all the internal rigging straps.  From what I can tell, absolutely everything is included.  Although, it appears that Anovos expects you to use an entire velcro harness system.  There are no snaps.  I will swap out the velcro system with a more reliable snap system.  But it's still awesome that all the nylon straps are included.  The only thing I'll need to buy are snaps.

IMG_20160124_120116.jpg

IMG_20160124_120111.jpg

As I said, you can watch my unboxing via my Facebook page.  https://www.facebook.com/jacketrat/videos/10153907968346170/?pnref=story

But after a preliminary inspection, I'm quite pleased with Anovos.  For only $350, they have really given me my money's worth.  The only thing I'll need to buy are the boots (already purchased and delivered) and minor alterations to the internal harness.  I just realized that I failed to take pictures of the bucket.  But rest assured, the bucket is fully assembled.  All I have to do is install the lenses and nose mesh.  I'll admit that I don't think the lenses are dark enough, but that will be easy to fix.

I'm quite eager to begin on this new project.  My first set of armor was stolen way back in 2009, so I can't wait to be a TK again.  But as soon as I get my tools, I'll begin trimming the pieces.  Assembly will follow soon after.

This is quite an impressive kit.  I imagine anyone else who ordered it will be quite happy when it arrives.

PS ... I didn't see any instructions in the kit.  But who needs instructions?  We're the 501st Legion!!!

Edited by jacketrat
  • Like 2

This kit looks quite good, from everything I've seen.<br><br>

Apparently the instructions are now up on their website. <br><br>

From what I've read as well, there's a very thin clear plastic lining covering all the abs pieces...<br><br>

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1