TFA Neckseal

DylanHarris99

There is nothing special about the TFA trooper neckseals - at least not with the ones that came with the ANOVOS kits. A standard TK neckseal will do just fine.

Correct. To date there has been no noted difference. Except...in ANH you can see the bib style seal on the hero characters, yet in TFA FN-2187 clearly has a neck seal just like most 501st have.

I'd also love to get my hands on an authentic neckseal - so much so that I sent the guys at Extreme Racing (since they made the screen-used TFA undersuits) an email asking if they would add these to their lineup.

We'll see what they say. :)

Thank y'all for the help. I wasn't sure about getting a normal one because of the rubbery looking bib on the movies.

Pix? What I was thinking of was when Finn rips off his neck seal while de-armoring on the sand dunes of Jakku.

And here is my email and the response to it:

Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 2:30 PM
To: info@stormtrooperundersuit.com

Subject: TFA stormtrooper neckseal

Gentlemen,

I purchased one of your authentic stormtrooper undersuits from The Force Awakens late last year - apparently one of the surplus units you had on hand as a result of your work with LFL. Needless to say, I absolutely love it. Thanks for making these available to the prop/costuming community.

I understand the neckseals used in the movie came together in the back with magnetic closures (which makes sense given how "Finn" removed his neckseal with one hand as he was trudging through the desert and stripping our of his First Order stormtrooper armor shortly after the TIE fighter crash during the scene on Jakku). Although there are plenty of fine neckseals out there (yours included), to my knowledge no one in the community produces them with the magnetic closure in the back.

I don't know who made these for the film, but is there any chance you all can start producing/selling these as part of your line of neckseals?

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Brian Robinson
TK-2918
501st Legion

To: Robinson Family
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 1:54 AM
Subject: Re: TFA stormtrooper neckseal

Hi Brian

Yes we can look at producing a line with that closure

Not sure how strong a magnetic closure it would be though, may be good for the scene but for everyday trooping?

I’ll get back to you, we are also looking at making available the knee, elbow and shoulder gaskets too

Regards

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Got the following email from Extreme Racing this morning. Ask, and ye shall receive ...

To: *******
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: TFA stormtrooper neckseal

I’ve added it to the website for people to pre-order, stock should be here approx 3/4 weeks

http://stormtrooperundersuit.com/first-order-stormtrooper/first-order-neck-seal/prod_28.html

Share the info with the groups you know Brian

I’ll be adding images soon to the site

We are working on the knee, elbow and shoulder gaskets too

Regards

Richard

I ordered their deluxe neck seal a while back. Its good but even the medium is pretty wide. Wider than is stated on the website. I would go small if it were available.

Exactly the same story for me. The medium will do but it could be a little more snug.

Exactly the same story for me. The medium will do but it could be a little more snug.

Yeah i am going to Mod it to make it tighter. Going to remove about 1cm on each side and place the velcro on an inside band, so the seal closes more seamless, without overlapping

I hope to see a prototype this weekend. It's not a full 'jumper' but more of a short shirt I believe. If I get some pics I'll post them here. These will be made of a ribbed material rather than rubber or latex though.

• 4 months later...