[ANH] ANOVOS build time!

Did you already have a look at the building threads of others?

Some of them are so detailed, that you can easily start building your armor on your own.

Already have the tools and the glue?

How long can depend on your skill & tools. What would take me 2 days could take an experienced armor builder 1/2 a day. I am OK at assembling, but suck at trim/fit.

If these are easy to put together like FX was, then anyone with the basic skills like myself could probably do it in a day, as it's mostly just adjusting. Though I will say in any event having a second person to help hold parts on as you adjust certainly makes it easier.

Do sign up on your local garrison boards - Cal is huge and there should be troopers everywhere.

Just curious, did you get your under suit and gloves with your anovos kit? Seems like a lot of us are missing those items.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The email I got said the undersuit and gloves will ship in a separate box.

I got my box yesterday and I'm happy with it. A little lighter it seems than my ATA. I think I am going to build it for the wife.

I live in Oceanside just north of Carlsbad. I've been working at Legoland for 3 years now and I always love Star Wars days and love the work the local 501st do ever year at Legoland. <br>

As for tools, I am under prepared and I'll definitely have to get in touch with my local garrison because I definitely don't want to mess this up, I want this to be a screen accurate as I possibly can get.

• Like 1

I received my kit yesterday.  From what I understand, they are prioritizing the shipments on the time on which you ordered.  I ordered mine on April 14th, 2015.  So depending on when you ordered, you'll have a better idea when you receive it.

Sean, PM me when you get your kit, let's talk. I live in Oceanside as well, so maybe we can help each other? I've been researching for 9 months, and just about to receive my first kit as well (also from ANOVOS). The trick here is to spend whatever time you have reading the build threads, because there are different ways to do it.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

The pinned threads are the ones to start with, but just read and read and read. You'll get ideas.

Bill

• Like 2

Sean, PM me when you get your kit, let's talk. I live in Oceanside as well, so maybe we can help each other? I've been researching for 9 months, and just about to receive my first kit as well (also from ANOVOS). The trick here is to spend whatever time you have reading the build threads, because there are different ways to do it.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

The pinned threads are the ones to start with, but just read and read and read. You'll get ideas.

Bill

I'm also local, Temecula. I'd be interested if you guys are getting together or comparing notes. I only received the armor box so far, still have not received the 2nd box

I'm also local, Temecula. I'd be interested if you guys are getting together or comparing notes. I only received the armor box so far, still have not received the 2nd box

In Imperial Sands Garrison (San Diego) There will be several TK build days planned, dates aren't yet set. They were originally going to do them a few months ago but decided to postone the armor parties until the Anovos kits came out. Living in Temecula, you can probably go to either OC or SD!

I'm in Temecula, I've done minor research.  Once I get my kit I'll get started on my research. 

If you SD-area folks haven't done so already, please do join the Imperial Sands Garrison forums and introduce yourselves. FISD will be THE resource for building the Anovos TK but having local help is also advantageous especially if this is your first build.

• Like 1

Todd, thanks. Met you once at Barnes & Noble in Oceanside. All signed up at the ISG months ago, but when it comes to build parties and such, the calendar access for many events is limited to 501st members only, which is counter-intuitive, because many of us are hoping that build parties will help us get INTO the 501st. I suspect this is for privacy reasons. What is the proper etiquette for getting build party details if we're not members? Many times a build party has come and gone because I didn't catch the sidebar in the right random forum thread in time. Should we PM you guys, or are there more details posted elsewhere for us guys who aren't yet granted full access?

Thanks!

Bill

Edited by Astyanax

Todd, thanks. Met you once at Barnes & Noble in Oceanside. All signed up at the ISG months ago, but when it comes to build parties and such, the calendar access for many events is limited to 501st members only, which is counter-intuitive, because many of us are hoping that build parties will help us get INTO the 501st. I suspect this is for privacy reasons. What is the proper etiquette for getting build party details if we're not members? Many times a build party has come and gone because I didn't catch the sidebar in the right random forum thread in time. Should we PM you guys, or are there more details posted elsewhere for us guys who aren't yet granted full access?

Thanks!

Bill

Hi Bill, I'm actually "The Other Todd" in Imperial Sands, it wasn't me at B&N.

As for the notification for armor parties I'm not exactly sure how they're publicized or what forums future members have access to, so I've reached out to our CO (Lesley) and XO (the Todd you met) for more details.

If you don't know where/when they are, then that's a problem!

Thanks Todd, I really appreciate it. Yeah, looking at my card now, it was Todd-8559. :)

It is a bit of a legitimate paradoxical challenge, to be sure. How do you protect the build party details (like preventing the whole world from showing up at your doorstep) so that only serious folks come? But how can a first-time newbie go to a build party if they can't get the info? Perhaps some sort of mailing list is in order? This why a few of us (especially North County) will congregate in a thread like this one.

(Sorry folks, this probably belongs over at ISG forums, but thanks for indulging.)

Bill

Edited by Astyanax

Hi Bill-

As far as I know the calendar of events is viewable to the public, or at least those who have set up accounts.  Here is a link:

http://imperialsandsgarrison.com/forums/index.php?/calendar/

I'm now living up in Vista, so I'd be interested in helping out with armor parties up here anytime I can.  Normally we try to have them a bit more central to the county so that they are accessible to everyone.    I don't get on FISD very often as I'm not a TK, so please feel free to PM me or email me at punkrocketscience@gmail.com.

Edited by PunkRocketScience

Look for your garrison/squad on FB. In addition to forums, we communicate there about troops and armor parties. We even have a group set up for the recruits that are building/waiting so they can be involved. Good luck!

Thanks Todd, I'll contact you via email.

Also, thanks Clint for the tip. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to FB, so that creates its own problems as well, as I'm sure I'm not the only one. I will see what I can do about that.

I hear ya on that! I only have a FB account because of my garrison/squad communication on it.