DadintheFog's ANH Stunt build (Anovos) - First Timer

The day has finally arrived!  My workbench is finally clear (from moving boxes left there 5 years ago).  My Big Brown Box has arrived.  And my first round of supplies has been ordered via Amazon Prime.  I'm going to go slow in my build process as I am hoping others will start in on their Anovos builds ahead of me.

I'm lucky that a friend is also building his armor with me.  But we are both first timers.  I'm certain slow and steady will win the day.

Just curious, did your kit come with the under suit and gloves? A few of us are missing those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anovos stated a couple weeks back that the soft parts (under suit and gloves) would be shipping separately. No estimate as to when that would be, though.

Wow ... just spent 5 hours doing a rough trim on my armor.  Overall, while this is my first attempt at building a set and I have no real experience with this, I found the process to be pretty easy.  I won't say painless as my hands will be hurting for a day or two!  GregInSF and I are building our sets together - and it is awesome to have someone else there to try and figure out what is going on.

I'll post pictures soon ... just can't figure out how to add them to this bulletin board system!

Feeling more and more like a Stormtrooper every day!

• Like 2

Still trying to figure out an easy way to post photos into the threads here ... hopefully this works.  I'm lucky that i have a friend who is also building a TK, but we are both noobies.  Since this was taken, I've finished the rough cut and have started thinking about sizing.  I'm still nervous about fitting the armor so spending a lot of time looking at Centurian builds and reading what Ukswrath recommends.  

My mantra for this build is to go slow, plan, read some more, plan some more, measure, mark, read some more, measure again, and then finally cut.  I've waited near 40 years to be a Stormtrooper.  A few more weeks to try and do it right won't kill me.

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

Edited by DadintheFog
  • Like 3

Finally starting to get the hang of this.  I was able to rough fit the arms together and remove the return edge on the forearms.  Overall it went fairly easily.  The forearms still feel a little big, but I'm going to wait to glue them until I get the Anovos gloves.  I also hit a snag today when I pulled out my old dremel and found it dead.  Oh well, time for a new one!

DC03C95E-AB74-4D94-868F-A89AA820E7F1.jpg

0D778394-A7ED-4D01-B979-7A965BD242A2.jpg

2FAE3B88-7155-44CA-A387-2E551CA7E072.jpg

I when trying on my left shoulder bell, I managed to crack the bottom return.  I'll make some ABS paste and fortify the interior.  I will need to figure out how to widen the upper bell to fit my shoulders.

2A13FAA8-D664-4E76-94E5-5ECADA3C6829.jpg

Managed to bite the bullet and make some progress. Today did some additional sizing and sanding ... And finally did some gluing! Nerves are now wrecked, but I think in making progress!

b53bcb933cbc2aa238e484faa65bfd97.jpg

edc58589aa9fc10f17748b3ff57e7dce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by DadintheFog
  • Like 2

Another weekend and finally feel like arms are almost done.

I've glued the outer seams on both forearms and have glued the entire biceps. Solder bells are trimmed and look pretty even.

Should be able to start working a little faster now. Finally feel like I have a good feel for the process.

4e100a88afcaff3d018861de1d6e7267.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally starting to get the hang of this. I was able to rough fit the arms together and remove the return edge on the forearms. Overall it went fairly easily. The forearms still feel a little big, but I'm going to wait to glue them until I get the Anovos gloves. I also hit a snag today when I pulled out my old dremel and found it dead. Oh well, time for a new one!

DC03C95E-AB74-4D94-868F-A89AA820E7F1.jpg

0D778394-A7ED-4D01-B979-7A965BD242A2.jpg

2FAE3B88-7155-44CA-A387-2E551CA7E072.jpg

I when trying on my left shoulder bell, I managed to crack the bottom return. I'll make some ABS paste and fortify the interior. I will need to figure out how to widen the upper bell to fit my shoulders.

2A13FAA8-D664-4E76-94E5-5ECADA3C6829.jpg

Could just e6000 a small scrap piece behind the crack. Worked great for a similar crack on my shoulder bell

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have my return trimmed about to the top of that crap or even further. I would just trim it off. It does look stressed above that point so glue in a support bracket with some spare ABS.

Agreed. That's going to spread. The piece flexes when you're putting it on your shoulder, so it's going to be under constant stress and motion. A little scrap glued behind it should reinforce it easily, though. That's one place I might actually use CA glue instead of E6000.
  • Like 2