CommanderMax

First Timer and Anovos TK Kit

Just checking in as a new build. I pre-ordered an Anovos TK Kit at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim and received my big brown box yesterday. My wife, kids, and I enjoy cosplay (usually Star Wars) and are working on General Kenobi and Mara Jade builds for WonderCon, but I know people have being clamoring for Anovos' photos since they first announced their kit. Hope people enjoy these helmet photos (attached) and I will post more today if there is interest. Can't wait to officially become a part of the FISD and the 501st!

579bf73b559b0b30aca25f7b08cf1a9a.jpg4e5dd18d63b02f0d3d20e43ada7ae6ae.jpgc712a74a4f78de117ddc597ab331fddd.jpgd8712265cebfc255b5f28f8fd618c00e.jpga3053ceff2f7f66a896e8b4261cafdc1.jpg183487ae8c22e32b70d354ee1f5a587c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Greetings Gary, and welcome to the FISD!!! We're happy to see that you made your way here!<br><br>

Awesome to hear that your family is involved in cosplay! Hopefully as our boys get older (they're currently 4 & 1) they'll enjoy it as well. Be sure to start a build thread, and have a look at the Advanced Tactics section and the requirements for EIB and Centurion before you begin. Neither requires much extra work, and they'll help take your armor to the next level. It is definitely a worthwhile effort to consider, and we'll be here to assist along the way!

• Like 1

Thanks for the pics, Gary.<br>

Will be following all Anovos build's threads in expectation until my kit arrives. Also newby here, so better watch what you all guys do and learn from your experience. Yours are the second pictures I see today of an Anovos OT stormtrooper bucket and I can see some differences that worries me. For example: yours seem to have less gap between the ears' cups and the helmet itself. The ear curve seems to have a smother cut line and the third screw below is shown on both sides... So I think much of these would depend on the hand that put all the pieces together in each case.<br>

Do you think the parts are glued together? Or they will easily be separated in case we want to change some detailing like the frown or the eye sockets? Are there any ribets or screws under the foam that's suspending the hard hat liner and the lenses?<br>

Thanks a lot.<br>

I'm also dying to see a first hand picture of the OII back plate to check how sharp is really the pull after so much controversy on that...

Thanks! I have been been looking through the CRLs and requirements for almost a year now! Later today I'm going to sit down and compare my Anovos kit to the requirements (rank, stripes, bumps, screws, etc.) and see what level I can aim for with assembly. The promises were many, so I'm hoping these kits can meet CRLs without too much modification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you very much! I like the look of that OII.<br>

I hope the strapping system they provide could be set to meet higher levels of certification. Time to study hard the CRL<br>

Good luck with the assembly!

Thanks for the pics, Gary.<br>

Will be following all Anovos build's threads in expectation until my kit arrives. Also newby here, so better watch what you all guys do and learn from your experience. Yours are the second pictures I see today of an Anovos OT stormtrooper bucket and I can see some differences that worries me. For example: yours seem to have less gap between the ears' cups and the helmet itself. The ear curve seems to have a smother cut line and the third screw below is shown on both sides... So I think much of these would depend on the hand that put all the pieces together in each case.<br>

Do you think the parts are glued together? Or they will easily be separated in case we want to change some detailing like the frown or the eye sockets? Are there any ribets or screws under the foam that's suspending the hard hat liner and the lenses?<br>

Thanks a lot.<br>

I'm also dying to see a first hand picture of the OII back plate to check how sharp is really the pull after so much controversy on that...

From the photos I've seen so far, (1) the green lens material is held in place by Velcro so it's easily removable in case you want to trim/replace it or do some more trimming to the eye sockets, (2) the hard-hat liner is also removable in case you want to replace it with some other system, and (3) the frown can be fixed with matching gray paint to extend it to the corners and matching white paint to correct the overspray.

• Like 1

From the photos I've seen so far, (1) the green lens material is held in place by Velcro so it's easily removable in case you want to trim/replace it or do some more trimming to the eye sockets, (2) the hard-hat liner is also removable in case you want to replace it with some other system, and (3) the frown can be fixed with matching gray paint to extend it to the corners and matching white paint to correct the overspray.

My thoughts as well - these are very small things do to and would happen on any kit.

Welcome to FISD & thanks for posting pix. Can't wait to see how this turns out. You are certainly one of the first to get a build thread up :)

Hello Gary and welcome to the FISD!  :trooper: