ERIKBLUNTAXE

Eriks ANH E-11 Stirling Conversion with Scratch Cylinders & Stand!

Greetings my fellow Imperial brethren.  Here is my attempt at the legendary E-11. Made from a deac Stirling with scratch built power cylinders and a stand to mimic the white armor of the Empire. There are quite a few pics from the various stages of the build. i.e as the Stirling came to me, after stripping, cylinder in various stages of construction and finished blaster. Hope you like and many thanks to this forum for guidelines and invaluable knowledge that help me out a ton, because it was not a straight forward build as alot of you may know! Cheers.

20h0m6w.jpg

Stirling as it came.

21jxj51.jpg24qpytc.jpg

33cc9k0.jpg

wa3hba.jpg

Cutting the Mag Down

5mfhu8.jpg

vmreis.jpg

1zgeq83.jpg

radvyt.jpg

Stripped

2cijos8.jpg

1676lah.jpg

33uvn08.jpg

Cylinder construction

2a6jwk4.jpg

hry2l2.jpg

n5k55t.jpg

2ykjgop.jpg

2nl7768.jpg

Finished Blaster & Stand

20h0m6w.jpg

28kr0na.jpg

2qixypx.jpg

e9xn5h.jpg

25oyzr9.jpg

34i252w.jpg

2u8hue0.jpg

3502z54.jpg

24b6yvp.jpg

2z5vjgk.jpg

2qtwu9y.jpg

2ewdqph.jpg

2ewdqph.jpg

24ydd9e.jpg

aot5yt.jpg

2n1hy6r.jpg

34o9dl3.jpg

2qmogux.jpg

Wow great job Russ  :jc_doublethumbup:

I like your stand, I think it would even better with transparent supports though instead of white, just my opinion.

Your sterling looks like it has been deactivated slightly different to mine, interesting how they welded the front hex screws from the side, mine are welded from the front and doesn't look as neat, what country are you in?

Hi Chris, thanks mate, guess I could use some perspex rods that'd be cool. I'm in UK lincolnshire. Yeah not sure why this one is welded from the sides, different place of deactivation I s'pose.

Your very welcome Russ, I imported mine from England, was a nightmare getting all the correct permission to get it here to ireland, totally different laws for Ireland and deacts are a bit of a 'grey area'!, mine was deactivated at the 'Birmingham proof house' Im fairly sure its considered a ' newer type deact' rather than the older ones, pretty much impossible to 'reactivate' without destroying the piece.

Are your power cylinders glued on or magnets?, I used neodymium magnets on mine but they have been knocked off a few times and damaged so I might just 'glue gun' them on.

Edited by welshchris77

Very nice build, did you finish the Sterling in satin paint ?, I must get round to finishing my deac sterling.....but I have armor to build first. :)

LOL. He never did reply to your last 'discussion', did he?

Nice blaster by the way, Russ :jc_doublethumbup:

Cheers fellas appreciate the comments! Chris the cylinders are on with magnets (I think they're 5x0.5 mm) about 6 of 'em.

Art - The finish I went for is this

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/rust-oleum-black---matt-paint---250ml-125048

Which I stippled on to get a textured finish, Two coats, I tried other paints but they just rubbed off! This is good stuff though.

Hi Russ,<br>

That's a very nice E-11! I like the way you painted it. Looking great! <br>

I also like your Blaster-stand with the white supports. :)