dejango

ANOVOS ANH Kit Unboxing!

Minor detail is not such a massive priority for me, as I am just a fan and not trying to win a cosplay contest. It's going to be an interesting learning curve to put together my first set of armor, but I for one like the 'sharp' detail of it all, though I can see how the helmet would need some filling in for sturdiness 

• Like 3

it is quite a feat that anovos would exactly copy all the errors of that RS piece. And that's just one piece on a long list of similariites. if you guys think you need to defend them, please do your research first.

You miss one point, the most important one - they need no defending. As they have paid for the license, they are completely golden in my books.

A different discussion is if someone likes what they deliver, but i´m superfine if they used RS to make their molds.

Lucas sold the right of Star Wars to Disney... Disney own the Star Wars franchise, from my understanding... Isn't Disney now the major share holder of LFL as Lucas has stepped down as CEO? If so, Disney owns the original suits as well... Do you know with 100%'cetainty LFL will never allow anyone to mould one of their remaining suits? If so, how do you know this, do you work for LFL? Or is this in your opinion, and speculation? That kind of accusation is debatable...

George Lucas kept ownership of the LFL archives and they were not sold to Disney in the deal. LFL was working extensively with the Prop Store of London (and other OT prop owners) to get specs on OT screen-used armor. They needed the info when doing the designs for TFA (and Rogue One) because TFA costumes and props were to be an evolution of the originals and they do not have access to all of Lucas' personal archives.   

Edited by Crocoboxer

You miss one point, the most important one - they need no defending. As they have paid for the license, they are completely golden in my books.

A different discussion is if someone likes what they deliver, but i´m superfine if they used RS to make their molds.

You miss a more important point: I don't give damn if you are fine with it - or anyone else for that matter. I am just stating a fact. It is what it is, a reworked recast. What you do with that truth is completely up to you. But don't go denying it cause it might destroy your precious little world (and before you get that wrong: I am not referring to you in person, as you made it clear you don't care where it comes from, but the others on here saying the claims are bogus)

On a side note: You are quite vocal and aggressive in your opinions for someone who thinks of these costumes as mere Halloween garbage.

Edited by R2Dan
  • Like 5

Maybe, but this isn´t regarding the costume, it´s regarding legal and moral issues - and for me RS are only using a legal loophole. Not that different from some people in the financial business that are using loopholes in law, but are still considered as ****** from the public.

I would probably see it different if they sculpted their own armor, but they just recast someone else work. So for me they are more or less unprotected game for everyone who copies them. And that even more for someone with the paid license.

The only issue that I have with this "sidebar" discussion is exactly that. It is a sidebar - off topic. There is an entire section of this forum dedicated to any and all discussion of recasting. Everyone in the hobby knows that the use of that word causes people to get worked up and tempers to flare. This is why it has its own separate section on the forum, so it doesn't poison all of the other threads we have, where we are trying to help people build armor properly.

Using that word anywhere besides that forum never leads to the good-natured and productive discussions that we prefer to foster. Using that word only ever causes exactly what we have right here. People fighting, arguing, going back and forth and around and around in circular arguments with no end in sight, and this one has the added impact of many, many prospective new Legion members reading the forum because they are anxiously and excitedly waiting for the delivery of their BBB and reading any and every thread in which the word ANOVOS appears. I assure you that there are links to this very thread on Facebook, and the discussions have plenty of great comments along the lines of "just a bunch of elitist babies crying about recasts and scans" and "I'd never join that forum after reading all of that fighting that is going on there."

So, in the interest of Troopers helping Troopers, I'm asking those of you who would prefer to discuss recasting and scans, and armor origins to either take it to the recast section, or PMs. Don't take it to another ANOVOS titled thread anyplace else, please. Plenty of damage has been done to the reputation of the FISD and the Legion by this type of bickering already and some of us are working very hard to control that and keep it from getting worse. Please consider the whole and reaching impacts of what you're going to put out there before you click on that "post" button. On behalf of all those people who are just excited about beginning their Stormtrooper journey, thank you.

• Like 25

Minor detail is not such a massive priority for me, as I am just a fan and not trying to win a cosplay contest. It's going to be an interesting learning curve to put together my first set of armor, but I for one like the 'sharp' detail of it all, though I can see how the helmet would need some filling in for sturdiness

The helmets are far more sturdy than you'd think by looking at them. I thought the same thing when I first saw one myself. ;) Be sure to ask for any help you need with the build, and have a lot of fun with it. Like you said, you're a fan. What's more fun than that?

Oh my god<br><br>

Ii cant Believe you conspiracy theorists are still ranting about this<br><br>

Did you notice the title of this thread is called unboxing the Anovos armor<br><br>

Not Anovos are dirty rotten scoundrel's who recast other peoples work<br><br>

Why don't you start a thread with that title and stop polluting the hell out of this one

Edited by vinmanmac

Good point Vincent. Stay on target folks, else the riot troopers come out.

tumblr_nzntsxi9Sg1rlheeoo2_r1_540.0.gif

• Like 3

I see there are two identical right-side shoulder bells. Anyone have any theories as to why this is? No left-side shoulder bells amongst the "various references made available to ANOVOS®, including those from private collections and Lucasfilm archives"?

12553036_10206876888594076_2434151570887

Thats odd as they showed 2 different bells earlier.ba408ffc-2800-4745-842d-da0bc646607f_zps

• Like 1

The only issue that I have with this "sidebar" discussion is exactly that. It is a sidebar - off topic. There is an entire section of this forum dedicated to any and all discussion of recasting. Everyone in the hobby knows that the use of that word causes people to get worked up and tempers to flare. This is why it has its own separate section on the forum, so it doesn't poison all of the other threads we have, where we are trying to help people build armor properly.<br><br>

Using that word anywhere besides that forum never leads to the good-natured and productive discussions that we prefer to foster. Using that word only ever causes exactly what we have right here. People fighting, arguing, going back and forth and around and around in circular arguments with no end in sight, and this one has the added impact of many, many prospective new Legion members reading the forum because they are anxiously and excitedly waiting for the delivery of their BBB and reading any and every thread in which the word ANOVOS appears. I assure you that there are links to this very thread on Facebook, and the discussions have plenty of great comments along the lines of "just a bunch of elitist babies crying about recasts and scans" and "I'd never join that forum after reading all of that fighting that is going on there."<br><br>

So, in the interest of Troopers helping Troopers, I'm asking those of you who would prefer to discuss recasting and scans, and armor origins to either take it to the recast section, or PMs. Don't take it to another ANOVOS titled thread anyplace else, please. Plenty of damage has been done to the reputation of the FISD and the Legion by this type of bickering already and some of us are working very hard to control that and keep it from getting worse. Please consider the whole and reaching impacts of what you're going to put out there before you click on that "post" button. On behalf of all those people who are just excited about beginning their Stormtrooper journey, thank you.

Well said my friend. I've been patiently waiting since May of last year for my Anovos armor (trying to stay away from the drama) actually been waiting my whole life you could say lol So this will be my first armor and at this point it doesn't matter how it looks I will be so stinking excited regardless of how they went about casting it. I'm just ready to join the 501st and get to trooping and making other people smile who also have a love of the Star Wars universe. Because that's what this is all about, I mean a kid is not gonna walk up to us and say hey that looks like a recast from another brand. They are just gonna be like, hey it's a Stormtrooper from Star Wars! If we can just remember what we all do this for and how Star Wars makes people light up, then all this bickering back and forth would all be a moot point. 

• Like 4

Dark CMF is my hero.

I'm new to this because of Anovos. I'm here to learn and grow like everyone else. All this aggression and elitism is a bit off-putting. Thankfully I know most people aren't like that in person and extra thankful that the local veteran members in my garrison are supportive of Anovos and the people who will wear them. 

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. 

Keep posting pictures and feedback! It's all I can do while I still have quite a wait left! I know by the time mine comes, there will be countless tips and build threads to follow! 

Carry on :D

• Like 7

I see there are two identical right-side shoulder bells. Anyone have any theories as to why this is? No left-side shoulder bells amongst the "various references made available to ANOVOS®, including those from private collections and Lucasfilm archives"?

12553036_10206876888594076_2434151570887

You need to contact ANOVOS...I just received my kit today and can confirm that the shoulder bells, marked "10" and "11", are indeed different from each other.

In addition, it was nice to see that every part is indeed protected with a clear plastic film. It is actually even easy to miss that it is even there...but every piece I checked, from the backplate to the hand guards, had clear film on it if I picked at the edges a bit.

Edited by aramis

I agree, UHCoog12 and TK-23, Dark CMF wrote a most excellent post.  I ordered suits for myself and my girlfriend and she's been very concerned about the negativity on the forum and wanting to feel welcome in the community once we have the armor and start trying to put it together.  That's not to say that no one can have negative (or positive) feelings or express themselves.  We just need to focus on keeping informed of any issues in a constructive manner.   I'd hate to have anyone feel like this isn't a a place full of really friendly people dedicated to looking good while helping in the community.  Those people I have met are really friendly and cool people and the sense of helping each other and in the community is one of the things that first drew me to the 501st.  Can't wait to formally join all of you.

• Like 5

Most are friendly here, but there are also some more or less excessive fanatics.

But ..... most of them are friendly, too - just a little bit excessive fanatic.  ;)

I resemble that remark!

We are all at the very least, star wars fanatics.

I would say it's akin to owning a car; Some people trick out their rod, spit shine, spend time, money and do everything in their power to keep it classic and stock, while others just want cheap transportation and don't really give a crap what it looks like as it gets good gas mileage. 

• Like 1

<br><br>

From what I have seen so far this kit looks great can't wait to see the build threads start I'm going to need something to read at work next week.

Edited by Sleestak

This is what actually comes with the kit... 2 different shoulder bells. I received mine yesterday (1/23).

post-19923-0-34798100-1453646925_thumb.jpg

Edited by aramis
  • Like 1