TK-12621 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (RS) [526]

Rob "Chobs"/"Jervis" Csorba

TK-12621

Ltchobs

Imperial Sands Garrison, San Diego, CA

Mandatory Information

• Armor = RS Prop Masters (RS) Full Commission
  • Helmet= RS Prop Masters (RS)
  • Blaster= BlasTech E-11, RS Prop Masters (RS)

Optional

• Height = 74"
  • Weight = 205 pounds
  • Boots = RS Prop Masters (RS)
  • Canvas belt = RS Prop Masters (RS)
  • Hand Plates = RS Prop Masters (RS)
  • Electronics= iComm with Ecker
  • Neck Seal = RS Prop Masters (RS)
  • Holster = RS Prop Masters (RS)

TK12621RC01Front_zpsulosgdtf.jpg

TK12621RC02Back_zpsjunpbg3z.jpg

TK12621RC04RightArmup_zpsi5tgfap2.jpg

TK12621RC05rightclose_zpsvfcitqu1.jpg

Tk12621RC03LeftArmup_zpsveqn02vn.jpg

TK12621RC06leftclose_zpsmixpwmlu.jpg

TK12621RC07Abdomen_zpsyl4whlq1.jpg

TK12621RC08Action_zpsgjszx4ws.jpg

TK12621RC09Cod1_zpsu6nx9oxq.jpg

TK12621RC11InteriorStrap1_zps8md74pay.jp

TK12621RC13HelmFront_zpsldx4wi7g.jpg

TK12621RC14HelmRight_zps3jzdpkpr.jpg

TK12621RC15HelmLeft_zpsqn4qozgf.jpg

TK12621RC16HelmBack_zpstanlyugi.jpg

TK12621RC17HoviTip_zps04mhof6b.jpg

TK12621RC18LenseColor_zps6qctnwga.jpg

TK12621RC19E11right1_zps1qdug89c.jpg

TK12621RC22E112_zpsonbbunqe.jpg

TK12621RC23Neckseal_zps1taasgw6.jpg

TK12621RC24TD_zps0k6urkyn.jpg

TK12621RC25Holster3_zpspadhuh5i.jpg

TK12621RC26Holster2_zpsqxnchqhz.jpg

Have no idea why a few of them came out as thumbnails, camera man must have been drinking!

A few items I've noticed and will take/have taken action on:

-- Kidney Plate:  Is not quite right, I want to/will move it down to a better position but was going to wait until I have more time off of work. I've noticed this issue/comment with most if not all of the RS builds.

-- RS uses screws for their strapping, my intention is to replace the whole set once they start to fail (some of mine have begun to crack around screw holes but caught them before breaking)

-- I'm close to the height limit for this armor in these boots...I've ordered a set from TK boots which are 2 inches higher than the RS boots.

This said I appreciate your consideration.

Respectfully,

Rob Csorba

TK-12621

Edited by ltchobs

Looking good trooper!

Two things I've noticed:

You could bring your shoulders bells in slightly so they are closer to the shoulder bridges for a cleaner look.

Also your shin has popped over the top of your boot. I had the same problem with my RS, this is one solution to get round the problem

BootStraps01_zpswdvptcdu.jpg

Good luck!

Looking good, Rob!  I did notice the kidney riding down as you mentioned, and noticed that there is only one strap on top holding it in place.  If I may make a suggestion that could alleviate this, I would go with a set of double snaps, like these, (photo).  I used the this method on all my connections, and the joints don't budge!  Industrial strength Velcro works well.  If this is something you are interested in, just let me know via PM and I will send you some 2 inch wide black nylon, (enough for your whole build).  Best of luck in your submission, trooper!

20160121_062806_resized_zpstngmemk2.jpg

Edited by justjoseph63

Pete,

Thanks!  I've seen something similar in the forums and have since i took the photos put the snaps on the boot pull on straps...my problem is I've read bad things about E6000 and metal/ABS reaction so used a not so great glue for the snap support in the shin..didn't work.  In the picture (upper left corner) you show a white plate with a hole, is that a piece of ABS or is a sticky tape item similar to a EKG strip?  Your diagram is helpful and will just need to find a better way to reattach the interior snap.  Of course another part of the problem is I have a size 12UK/13US shoe that likes to get out from under the shin piece because of the width of the ankle material...sigh.  The TK boots should be a little better but I will need to strap those too I believe.  Also noticed in the your photo in the lower right corner that shin pieces are trimmed...doing that may help out too...

Joe,

Thanks...and i like your modification!  One strap for the RS build isn't enough so I'll be incorporating the kidney change when I re-strap the rest of the set.  I've got all the materials (thanks for the offer!) so all I need is RL to cut me some slack and give me time to breakdown it down then put it all back together...in one 2-3 day period.  I knowing me if i don't do it all at once it will take far longer than it should because I tend to get derailed on longer projects. 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Rob, thanks you for your EIB application, lets get to it!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All submission photos are present, and your armor meets all EIB criteria, with that we would like to congratulate and welcome you the rank of Expert Infantry.

You have some great armor there, with some adjusting and alignment, you will look even more awesome

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we cover off your overall appearance and balance of fit.

If anything is identified that would effect a Centurion approval, it will be mentioned in that section below.

Ok we have a few things here to cover, to get you looking the best you can so lets start at the top.

Shoulder bell gap: The shoulder bells should be close to if not touching the bridges as in the image below. Simply shortening the attachment straps will reign these in.

gallery_12157_11_349306_zps9s0qrt2f.jpg

Chest plate and ab plate position: It looks like your chest plate is sitting a little high, and your ab plate too low. Looking at the small amount of back plate you have under the shoulder bridges we think the best resolution here will be to wear the ab plate higher if that is possible. This will fix the Ab plate from popping out from under the chest piece and also bring it more inline with the kidney plate misalignment visible in your left and right side photos.

Side Shims: Great work here on those side shims, all you need to do is make up some ABS paste and fill in the extra seam sand it off with some fine sandpaper, a bit of wet n dry and then polish.

CRL wording: A single visible seam line is present.

TK12621RC06leftclose_zpsv26i4hwo.jpg

Drop Box position:  Lengthen the straps enough to allow the drop boxes to sit just below the plastic portion of your belt. At the moment they want to pop up and sit in front of the ammo belt sitting on the small lip. literally 5mm will fix this and allow them to   sit directly below. Also make sure they are aligned with the outer edge of the plastic ammo portion, as in the image below.

awesome%20belt_zpso21pqdi6.jpg

Rising shins:Looks like you have the comment problem of rising shins, the shin on the right in the below image actually looks a little shorter than the left. Your fellow troopers have chimed in on your ap thread with a suggested fix, another approach is to make an elastic styrrup that goes around your foot before you put your boots on, then attaches with Velcro to the inside front of the shin.

TK12621RC02Back_zpstshrzrxk.jpg

Thank you to Altair TK 11157 for the use of his stirrup set up. He has said not only did they fix the rising problem, but they also eliminated his shins from twisting.

MWsxaLa_zpsdrqczgox.jpg1H1kpOs_zpsrzwmcqdr.jpgXOWzWxv_zpszsrz9jnb.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

This section we try and identify all things that might need changing or effect a Centurion application, so lets go through these.

Cod rivet: This should not be painted white, so will require the paint removed.

Elastic retaining straps: These are the 6mm wide elastic straps you see on the originals. They are what holds the shoulder bridges down to the back plate, and help keep the white thick elastic that runs from the chest to the back under the bridges in place.

CRL wording for shoulder straps: The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the fabric that connects bridges and chest and back piece.

gallery_14191_30_25497_zps0yhvdepv.jpg

Sniper plate position: Yours is a little low on the side we can see, it should be aligned with the ridge at the top of the shin.

Tk12621RC03LeftArmup_zpsiszbt6cv.jpg

gallery_14191_22_240584_zpsudnzdkzu.jpg

We know you are across these things as per your comments in the application thread, make the above mentioned mods and adjustment, and you will be looking supreme.

congratulations Trooper :salute:

Thank you!  And thanks for the additional comments, i definitely want to improve the armor and start moving toward the next level...although I've been trooping a lot lately so will need to repair some cracks too.    

• Like 1