Shimming ROTJ shins - A question

mikedwelle94

Hey. So I had to insert this strip of ABS in the back of my left shin order for it to fit over the top of my boot. The shin armor is ATA (assembled with overlap) and the boots are Bass Amsterdams.

I just need to know if this is an acceptable way for the back of it to look. Looking through all these other ROTJ threads, I haven't seen that anyone else needed to do this. Don't mind the red, this is supposed to be for an Imperial Shock Trooper which is structurally the same as ROTJ. 

I haven't shimmed the right shin yet, and you can see that it *just* barely doesn't close all the way over the boot.

24429287421_e0d8e1e1f3_k.jpgDSC03430

24485451136_a18ecb20d9_k.jpgDSC03431

24484725866_05603c8b09_b.jpg12571341_10204176788259980_590621176_n

You're right, these boots are pretty big. I have another pair of these on my Death Trooper kit and I'm having the same problem. I can afford to replace one pair, but not two...

Anyone have any advice? Could I cut into these and try to reduce the size of the opening? I figure it won't be seen since the shins will cover it up.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm sure they would, given their bigger size. Should've learned that lesson from my Death Trooper and gone for those instead of ATA. I would like to try something that won't cost any extra money first. I spent too much on these two trooper costumes already  :laugh1:

The urge to cut into these boots is growing ever stronger.

Not sure if this would help...

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/33175-An-ATA-for-Tampa-Bay#entry449137

Hopefully this cut and paste worked but he made these velco bands to tighten his boots.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Found it in his thread(page 5 on laptop), thank you so much for showing me that! That will be immensely helpful.

I just realized I also have a bit of a return edge on the bottoms of my shins on both my TKs which I will be removing. Hopefully these methods work. Just need to apply this fix to my Death Trooper and it's DONE. My TK number is so close, I can pretty much taste it.

Edited by SolidScrafty
  • Like 1