Trooper horror stories

Jesus, reading all these has made me terrified of trooping at all! I was thinking of doing the occasional kids party but maybe that's not a great idea after all..!?

In regards to kids parties, check with your Garrison CO/XO on their stance on it, and go with that.

• Like 1

Jesus, reading all these has made me terrified of trooping at all! I was thinking of doing the occasional kids party but maybe that's not a great idea after all..!?

As others have said here, kids can be crazy at parties and in general.  You'll need spotters. 

From my own limited experience, boys are often a problem and some parents don't have a clue.  So, if you're alone, there might be trouble.

Trooping is awesome.  Don't let the stories bring you down.  For me, the bigger the better.  It seems like the smaller kids parties are usually the more contentious, like the TK is substituting for a clown with balloons.  Always have a handler and there's strength in numbers!

• Like 2

Keep the stories coming! I have yet to have any horror encounters myself. I did get hit on shoulder a few at TFA releases in my armor, but walked away after telling the guy "Don't do that!" I'm usually very picky and choosey about what costume I wear to which event. Sporting events, I always go Rebel and bucketless. People seem less brave when they can see your face. Even drunks.

My garrison mates on the other hand.....

Hubby and another snowy getting the cops called on them at 2 in the morning for weathering their kits on their dirty cars after a marathon build.. 

My husband's Vader cod popping off at a birthday party the two times 'cake' was mentioned..

TK's getting abused at sporting events, which is par for the course.

My husband dressed in his Vader got groped at a roller derby by someone who resembled Gimli. Same event, husband was goosed by a woman who managed to reach around and under the surcoat.

At a Boo at the Zoo event, hubby was in his TK, told a kid dressed as Harry Potter "Dude, Slytherin is where it's at." The kid looks to make sure his parents aren't watching and flipped hubby off. Hubby still giggles about the brass ones on that kid.

We had a kid damage one of our R2 units at the recent Avalanche game... while the parents watched. Busy environment and the kid wasn't caught in time by a handler or the builder. :/ Also had a rude and very drunk attendee refuse to put his drink down in order to have his picture taken with another of our R2 units. The guy was so unruly, we nearly had to have security called over.

There was a birthday party, a Tusken was sent in first, did the typical gaffi stick over the head and shrieks.. The kids scattered like roaches when you flip the light on, shrieking like banshees. The TK's were sent in to 'arrest' the Tusken, and it took a bit to calm the kids down. LOL

And I think this one is a winner... during a TFA release event... a sober woman approached our Darth Maul and asked to deep throat his lightsaber. Yes, the actual prop lightsaber.

• Like 2

At Starfest one year, husband was by the elevators, TK on the right steps off, catching hubby by surprise. TK raises his bucket and yes, he was wearing lipstick underneath, puckers up and blows a kiss. 

Husband still shudders at this memory. LOL

post-22799-0-73447900-1454109915_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I feel bad for the R2s out there. They take an immense amount of punishment. I've wrangled for them a few times and have come short of shoving kids out of he way to prevent serious damage. And the parents do nothing! That's the most infuriating part. <br><br>

But trooping wise I've been what could be classified as molested by 12 year olds, groped, etc. at a Boy Scout event once. We assumed the adults would supervise for us. Nope. Never assume they will. Thank your wranglers people!

• Like 1

My armor is getting molded this week, clown turning into a TK. I know some of these events can be rough. As a retired Scoutmaster I know better than to attend a Cub Scout Blue & Gold, in clown or other character. Kids are at there worst in groups, funny it's a "Pack", but not funny the behavior. Lots of School carnivals, meet & greets taught me what to expect and protect myself and those with me. It's a jungle out there, good thing TK's are packing heat. 

Be safe and Troop on.

• Like 1

Don't have any too bad besides almost passing out once or twice. But there is one thing I absolutely HATE more than people tapping on the armor or snarky comments.

It's when people cut in lime to take pictures. They just run up with no respect to others or how long they have been waiting. We usually control it now or have handlers take control, but it's still very irritating.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not in tk, but a dog peed on my Jawa, in back, and nobody noticed. An hour later I got a face full of...stink. I almost weathered my robe but held it back.

• Like 1

I've heard of some troopers attending a toys'r'us event. When they arrived, somebody showed them around and took them to their dress room. In the dress room some costumes were prepared for them. Really cheap carnival costumes that you can get for 30$. Toys'r'us didn't know that the 501st guys have their own costumes :D

• Like 2

The ultimate to date disaster was getting a paint job done by a so called painter that upon looking at my rattle can paint job said it looked real nice.........that was a sign that things were not going to be good. Less than 7 days to the TFA premiers I was having to sand, buff, touch up and fix every piece. I felt sick for 3 days and wish I had never handed it off to someone else to finish...........oh I think I feel vomit in my throat!

Edited by TriumphTrooper8
  • Like 1

The ultimate to date disaster was getting a paint job done by a so called painter that upon looking at my rattle can paint job said it looked real nice.........that was a sign that things were not going to be good. Less than 7 days to the TFA premiers I was having to sand, buff, touch up and fix every piece. I felt sick for 3 days and wish I had never handed it off to someone else to finish...........oh I think I feel vomit in my throat!

I know that one. But in even worse... Luckily I dodged that bulllet, a lot of my friends didn't.

On the flipside....<br><br>

I was one one troop, by myself, at an EB Games for the premier of Battlefront. A little girl, about 6 or 7 yrs old, entered the store with her mom, shouted, "Stormtrooper!" And hugged my legs. <br><br>

Random moments like these are priceless...

Edited by TK 2759
  • Like 4

My worst experience was self-inflicted. The first time I (unofficially) trooped in my armor was at a fall carnival. I had just completed assembly and this was the first time wearing the suit for an extended time. My right shin was not properly trimmed and fitted, and the bottom migrated up top of my boot, causing the top rear edge to press sharply into the back of my knee. It was literally too painful to walk. Fortunately, this was when the crowd spotted us and we were instantly mobbed. I didn't have to move a step for the next two hours.

• 2 weeks later...