Trooper horror stories

Does the first time I needed to use the bathroom during a convention count as a horror story? It had a happy ending, but I figured out the wrong way to strap a Stormtrooper suit together. 

Edited by SolidScrafty
  • Like 1

I don't know if I would call it a "horror" story exactly, but, I was at a troop the other night at an elementary school, and some little jerk tried to steal my TD!  Luckily I felt him prying it off.

• Like 1

I managed to break the rear point of my scope rail during a troop. I realized it, only when I felt the whole unit scope rail/hengstler/scope pivoting around the front foot of the rail as I was trying to holster my blaster. Unpleasant surprise!

• Like 1

Sometimes on troops I let people hold my blaster for photo ops. One troop someone asked to see my blaster, so I handed it them, thinking nothing of it. The guy pointed out various things, and then said, "and this moves back here, right?" And pulled the plastic trigger guard apart. He apologized, and the blaster has been repaired since, but I'm very leery on handing to people.

• Like 1

I had a kid (7 or 8 years old) at the TFA premier who ran up and punched me in the cod several times, and then tried to take my T-21.  The parents simply watched in amusement and laughed about it!  Then, the father had the audacity to demand "Come over here for picture".  Luckily a handler stopped it, and I walked away.  Yet another reason never to troop alone or without a handler!

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 3

I was at a high school dance, we had a backdrop and were taking photos with all of the students. The kids would come up in groups and do silly poses with us. On girl couldn't think of how to pose. She was looking at me, so I said, "here try this pose". I grabbed her by her shoulders and turned her around so that she was facing the camera. She then turned around quickly at looked at me in horror, she was holding her hand over her breast and had a mad expression and said "hey!" Apparently because I couldn't see out of my helmet well, one of my hands grabbed her breast instead of her shoulder! I apologized and said that I didn't mean to, it's just hard to see out of the helmet. She quickly forgave me. That explained why one of her shoulders was all squishy and felt like it was missing bones. It actually grossed me out at the time. Plus I was wearing gloves anyways so I could barely feel what was going on anyhow. Needless to say, I was very embarrassed and was so glad she couldn't see who I really was under the helmet!

:blink:

Edited by bluehickey
  • Like 9

I don't know if I would call it a "horror" story exactly, but, I was at a troop the other night at an elementary school, and some little jerk tried to steal my TD!  Luckily I felt him prying it off.

When I went to my son's school fall festival evening event in full costume (my kids were also in their Halloween costumes since it was a few days before Halloween), I had the same problem too!  It really annoyed me.  Most of the parents and kids were really excited and cool.  However, there were a few of the teen boys who were annoying.  They kept banging on my armor.  I also could hear them talking to each other about trying to take off with my TD too!  

But, my wife and kids were always around and were my "spotters"! :)

Edited by hon143
  • Like 2

When I went to my son's school fall festival evening event in full costume (my kids were also in their Halloween costumes since it was a few days before Halloween), I had the same problem too!  It really annoyed me.  Most of the parents and kids were really excited and cool.  However, there were a few of the teen boys who are annoying.  They kept banging on my armor.  I also could hear them talking to each other about trying to take off with my TD too!  

But, my wife and kids were always around and were my "spotters"! :)

This is the reason I don't do school carnival's anymore. When kids are unsupervised they act up. The gang mentality kicks in and they do things they wouldn't do if they were with their parents or if they were alone.

Edited by bluehickey

I was at a high school dance, we had a backdrop and were taking photos with all of the students. The kids would come up in groups and do silly poses with us. On girl couldn't think of how to pose. She was looking at me, so I said, "here try this pose". I grabbed her by her shoulders and turned her around so that she was facing the camera. She then turned around quickly at looked at me in horror, she was holding her hand over her breast and had a mad expression and said "hey!" Apparently because I couldn't see out of my helmet well, one of my hands grabbed her breast instead of her shoulder! I apologized and said that I didn't mean to, it's just hard to see out of the helmet. She quickly forgave me. That explained why one of her shoulders was all squishy and felt like it was missing bones. It actually grossed me out at the time. Plus I was wearing gloves anyways so I could barely feel what was going on anyhow. Needless to say, I was very embarrassed and was so glad she couldn't see who I really was under the helmet!

We have a winner.

• Like 1

LOL.....that is exactly why when I was at my son's school or during Halloween, I was always VERY careful when girls/ladies wanted to take a picture with me.  I NEVER touched anyone when posing for the picture.  When I was side-by-side with a girl/woman, my arm would be behind them as though I was going to put my arm on their back or waist.  However, my hand would never make contact with them.  It would be floating in midair.  

So, from the camera's point of view, my arm would be around them or on their back.  But, no contact was made with my arm/hand. 

• Like 1

On a troop at a cinema for the premiere I encountered two foreign mothers who were completely overexcited.

One asked me to hold her baby for a photo and it took me quite some time to explain to her my view of safety precautions.

The other mom pressed her six year old son violently into my crotch area, ripped the blaster from my hands (don't worry, was a Rubie's) and gave it to her son.

This happened so fast, that I didn't have a chance to complain.

Thankfully the little one was as puzzled as I was and gave me back the blaster without any problems.

Another incident on the same troop was a frenchman who wanted to take a photo with me on his right and a TFA on his left. He grabbed us around our shoulders and started pressing.

The TFA went nuts, but the guest was just smiling crazily and didn't understand german or english.

I just let it happen and prayed for it being over soon.

Another incident on the same troop was a frenchman who wanted to take a photo with me on his right and a TFA on his left. He grabbed us around our shoulders and started pressing.

The TFA went nuts, but the guest was just smiling crazily and didn't understand german or english.

I just let it happen and prayed for it being over soon.

What a dush! Those frogs... They're really all the same...

Just kidding ;). I hope both your armors are ok.

At a con, myself and a garrison mate(who was IC-ing at the time and acting as my minder) were just hanging about our stand as the crowd winded down and things were quiet. Too older gents approached us,and it started chatting. No issues,..but they soon became the  typical, 'I know more about SW than you do because I was old enough to see it first time' knowitall jerks that always seem to pop up. Coming out with  such nuggets as 'it was only renamed Episode 4 in the 90's,',..'the ESB reveal was obvious because Dart Vader is German for 'Dark Father'(which of course it isn't!)'  We were happy enough to put up with the drivel, until one of the guys went,' Did ya ever notice the trooper who banged his head?' Before either of us could even reply, he smacks me, full force in the forehead with his open palm. Not a gentle tap, but a full on whack.

Another one that pops to mind,..although not a troop. When I first got into trooping, I got a doopydoo E-11. Painted up, I thought I'd show it to my dad(who has never watched a SW movie, but was a policeman for many years,and carried a Sterling) and see what he thought. He seemed impressed, was able to rattle off some Sterling trivia-what it was like to fire,how reliable it was. He started to analyse the blaster, pointing out all the 'stuff' that wasn't on the real gun, how the mag was too short, the stock etc...He then saw the cocking lever and...yup,..you guessed it.Gave it an almighty  tug as if it was the real thing,and not a wee resin stick.

• Like 1

I had a troop where there were three attempted TD thefts between me and my TK buddy.  Our astute handler caught them each time.  At the same troop, I leaned over to say hello to a child and they poked me in the eye.  Her finger went right through the lens.  Didn't hurt but gave me a pretty good scare.

Edited by iceman25c

At C3, a guy asked if I would take a picture with him to show his Karate class, seems he was the instructor.  I said sure and without warning he had me twisted over in a very uncomfortable position.  Not cool.

Or the time at a childrens museum displaying Star Wars props, when I tried to get on a elevator a mother went ballistic and pushed me out of the elevator because her kid might get scared.  Kid did not looked scared, just the mom.

Edited by TK765
  • Like 1

At C3, a guy asked if I would take a picture with him to show his Karate class, seems he was the instructor.  I said sure and without warning he had me twisted over in a very uncomfortable position.  Not cool.

Or the time at a childrens museum displaying Star Wars props, when I tried to get on a elevator a mother went ballistic and pushed me out of the elevator because her kid might get scared.  Kid did not looked scared, just the mom.

DUDE....what is wrong with that mom?!?!?  This is the exact mentality that lots of parents have nowadays....overbearing, overly pampering or protective!  She can't make you leave the elevator!  You have every right to be there!

Edited by hon143

Not so much a horror story, but wanted to share....<br>

My wife and kids were watching me troop when a lady came up and put her arm around me for a photo.<br>

Our 10 year old daughter turned to my wife and very firmly said "Mum, you said we weren't allowed to get upset when Dad played with other kids, so you aren't allowed to get upset when he plays with other women! "

• Like 6

Not so much a horror story, but wanted to share....<br>

My wife and kids were watching me troop when a lady came up and put her arm around me for a photo.<br>

Our 10 year old daughter turned to my wife and very firmly said "Mum, you said we weren't allowed to get upset when Dad played with other kids, so you aren't allowed to get upset when he plays with other women! "

That's my boy! ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just for the protocol to end this rumor right here and now:

"Dark father" would translate to "dunkler Vater" in german and not even remotely to Darth Vader.

Dutch would be much more appropriate, as this translates to "dark vader" ...

There you go, dutch, not german.

Sorry for hijacking ...

• Like 1