Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Guess who's coming to the USA!!!?????   That's right.. Brattie will be in the USA this weekend at the Strong Museum of Play in Rochester!!!!!  Whoohooo I can't wait!!!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Alright - Good fun news stuff first - 

Wow.. I had a blast at the strong museum and was even in the papers...

I was talking to a funny little Rey as the newspaper took the picture. Laughs..

SMOP_TKBrattie2.jpg.6d563ff5bf3443bf3812b9040ae5882b.jpg 

Anyway, the Museum is an amazingly fun place to hang out for a weekend!! Loads of fun. I hope to visit this year.

What else is new with me.. oh.. I'm a Command member for 2018 in the Canadian Garrison. That's exciting. I get to work with some amazing people and we're looking forward to having so much fun this year!!! 

What do you have on the go Brattie?

Well I have completed a Tie Reserve, bridge Crewwoman, and am working on my MSE Droid and Tie Pilot armor as well. FUN FUN FUN!! 

- Bad / sad news - 

My TK armor

It has taken a beating. I've worn it now for around 400 hours and it shows.

I developed 3 cracks in my bucket on the lower opening that you stick your head into. I've put in a preventative drill hole to hopefully prevent the crack from spreading until I can put in some other structuring to support/fill the hole. 

Unfortunately I don't have ABS Paste and if you are new and building your TK, SAVE THE SCRAPS!!! MAKE ABS PASTE!!! 

My Fans.. laughs..

When I start them they go.. SSSCCKKKKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR then quiet down... Too much rain, water and sweat getting to them. Laughs. They are still working.

After a scary moment with a friend in Vader I'm considering putting in a fuse on my fans as I'm running them off a USB Powerbank. His switch melted and his head started to smoke. Was an awesome effect for smoldering vader but the human inside wasn't too pleased. Anyway, he was alright, but it did raise a concern that perhaps we should all be putting in-line fuses into the Fan systems of our helmets. No one deserves a burn or such when doing awesome stuff for charities etc. 

Straps

I have a few straps that are falling apart now too.. my right elastic strap between my forearm and bicep is shot. So all in all I have some repairs ahead of me. 

Well that's all from me!! You are all now.. Up to date.. Laugh

~Brattie out~

Edited by Brattie
Blur Reys face for kid safety
  • Like 1

And if you get an inline fuse and buy new fans from amazon I'll put a new set together for you. It takes me 10 minutes or so to make the last time I did it. I might take a bit longer because I can't remember how they look but it's like riding a bike as soon as I see yours I'll know. 

Just need to find my iron. Can't find that bastard anywhere. 

• Like 1

haha.. I have irons etc. Even have one of those magnifying solder setups :P 

I'll wait for the fans to die first.. hahahah.. I'm brutal like that.. besides.. I will need a set of Fans for my Tie Pilot. 

We gotta get together some day soon though! You are working all the time!! Laughs

oh and ANSWER YOUR FACEBOOK!! LOL

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

It will morph into more than a Saga.. it'll be LEGENDARY!!!!

So LEGENDARY.. that I earned the nick name Twisted Sister breaking my ankle at Comic con!!!!

oh.. psst.. and I'm a Command member now.. HAHAHAHHAAHA Awesome eh!??

Edited by Brattie

• 4 months later...

Prepping for Fan Expo.. only one day this week and will be Command duties not suiting up.. News on my gear.. Starting repairs.. Laugh.. I moved so I didn't have time to fix it all before. 

Let the legend continue! 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

It's been a long year and a bit. 2018 was rough, and then 2019 I was fighting health issues. It's been kinda crappy honestly.. I've managed to troop a little bit but not like I have in the past.. fingers crossed for 2020.. 

I completed a fun little build on a MSE Droid.. I'm working on a GONK Droid now.. truly a fun build.. still have my TK.. and my Tie Pilot.. 

Hoping 2020 is a better year.. :) Still around and checking in!! 

• Like 4

Good luck for 2020 trooper, I too have been going through the wringer and know how hard it can be when you can't/aren't able to get out there. All the best

• Like 1

Hey Angie, glad you are still around.

Life can really suck sometimes, but the strong survive and that's why you are here :)

I hope 2020 is a good year for you, welcome back.

• Like 1

Welcome back! I’m new here since you’ve been away (lurking), but I get the sense that at some point I need to catch up on the amazing number of posts on this thread. I wish you the best this 2020 year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Laughs and waves to everyone!!

Too bad that many of the pictures were destroyed by the whole shake up with whatever free site it was we used previously.. but if anyone has any questions or such about the Journey.. feel free to post questions... the Journey is a crazy one.. lots of ups and downs.. trials and errors, struggles and successes... Luckily I had some good people to back me up and I'd be happy to share my experiences on it all .. 

25 minutes ago, Brattie said:

Laughs and waves to everyone!!

Too bad that many of the pictures were destroyed by the whole shake up with whatever free site it was we used previously.. but if anyone has any questions or such about the Journey.. feel free to post questions... the Journey is a crazy one.. lots of ups and downs.. trials and errors, struggles and successes... Luckily I had some good people to back me up and I'd be happy to share my experiences on it all .. 

The things we lost in the fire lol

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

During this scary time.. I had to get the ol' gear out and test it after some major repairs due to cracks and such... Was out entertaining the building while many are in lock down due to COVID-19.

Stay safe all!!

TK70926_April12_2020.png

• Like 4

During this scary time.. I had to get the ol' gear out and test it after some major repairs due to cracks and such... Was out entertaining the building while many are in lock down due to COVID-19.

Stay safe all!!
TK70926_April12_2020.thumb.png.d04c33d11f2dc63416ec3473d8787d43.png

I still follow this thread after 4 years - stellar job girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Miss you guys.. things have been tough for me lately.. I was diagnosed in Jan 2020 with Young Onset Parkinson's so I have a new challenge in my life. I hope to get out trooping once Covid is more manageable, but things have been tough in Canada lately.

Keep well all!!

• Like 4

I am sorry to hear Angie, but i really hope you can get out and troop. Sometimes it's those little things that make such a huge difference to our lives and those we touch through what we do.

Keep us posted on you, and your troops, we will always be hear for you.:)

• Like 3

So sorry to hear Angie, hope you get to troop soon, I've had a bad run myself and getting out there and making people smile can take your mind of things for a time. Thoughts and best wishes for you.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys... I miss trooping, trying to figure out ways to do things. Doc has me on new medication so hopefully it helps with movement etc. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...