Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

No. No. Just build centurion out of the box. It's not extra difficult it's extra steps. Do it once properly. The armour will fit better from day one. Buy a proper e-11 from Brent in Canada. Get the soft hand guards and dollar store gloves. Why do something twice?

• Like 1

Yeah using the quick set automotive e6000 sets In 5 min.. Easy to do both at the same time :-). Made good timing today. Tomorrow is finish assembly, add snaps, finish belt, sniper knee, all rivets, and ammo knee, maybe start building straps..

Edited by TD42115

Just an update on dollar store cotton gloves...dollarama doesn't sell these anymore. Various other dollar stores I've checked, don't carry them anymore either...

Yeah I noticed, I picked up gortex gloves from my local racing apparel shop.

Just a suggestion based on what I came up with for my glove solutions. When the time comes I will glue the flexible painted hand guards to the rubber chemical gloves for Centurian. I will use those for the events where we want the best accuracy, and only when they will be worn for short periods.<br>

For most of the time, I got some Gorilla Gloves from Home Depot. Stuck some cardboard in them and scrubbed the logo off with some nail polish remover. The cardboard stretches out the material where the logo is making it come off easier, and also prevents the nail polish remover from soaking through to the other side where the rubberized material is. Which could potentially damage it as well. Wait for the nail polish remover to evaporate before removing the cardboard. <br>

I then just make some cloth elastic loops and attach those to the regular ABS hand plates. The Gorrila Gloves breath more resulting in less swamp hand. They also, just fit better. I also prefer the consistency in appearance of the ABS over the flexible hand plates.<br>

Good luck!

• Like 1

Build Update: OMG it's almost done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe this!!! 51 Pages later and I'm almost there!!! ALMOST.. yet so far away...

Yeah I noticed, I picked up gortex gloves from my local racing apparel shop.

If you want the white cotton glove liners let me know there is a supply store beside where I work in Toronto that sells the for around $3 per dozen, I'm picking up for Danny and Clamps gloves let me know if you want some and I'll bring them to Fanexpo. 

• Like 1

Looking good. It's amazing how fast that came together. You should be very proud!<br><br>

A few suggestions (yes, I know this is a test fit). Bring your biceps down and maybe your forearms up. Raise your thighs up. It looks like your belt is low or sagging. Move your drop boxes out a little to line up with the end of the belt. Secure the drop box backs. Add foam padding inside your thighs to loose the knocked knee look that most troopers have. <br><br>

Can't wait to see this in person at Fan Expo! You r so close!!!

• Like 1