Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Alright.. so it's that time of thread again that I take a moment to thank everyone that has been a part of this amazing build thread.

Yes I know it has wandered a little here and there but I have been given nothing but compliments.. this one just a moment ago by a friend..

"Your thread is the most robust tome of information"

Thank you.. I'm so happy to have you all on this journey with me in my current Jawa or ongoing TK build... soon to eventually be the Shoretrooper I hope. Laughs..

Anyway.. thanks you all.. ♥

• Like 3

Alright.. so it's that time of thread again that I take a moment to thank everyone that has been a part of this amazing build thread.

Yes I know it has wandered a little here and there but I have been given nothing but compliments.. this one just a moment ago by a friend..

"Your thread is the most robust tome of information"

Thank you.. I'm so happy to have you all on this journey with me in my current Jawa or ongoing TK build... soon to eventually be the Shoretrooper I hope. Laughs..

Anyway.. thanks you all.. ♥

TK Jawa or Armoured Jawa here we come lol

Like I said, you may be required to purchase a whole costume for the one way mesh thing...

• Like 3

I'd ask on the Krayt Clan forum for mesh options. All the Jawa's there will surely be able to help you out. <br><br>

Any update on your AP armour arrival date?

• Like 1

Alright - First Troop De Brief...

It was awesome!

Alright, had a GREAT chat with one of the Garrison and they gave me some tips.. and I think them so awesome I'm going to pass them on..

PICTURES:

It is suggested to practice a good pose in front of a mirror so that you have that pose ready for any pictures. This way you know you'll look awesome and showing off your canon CRL approved self in the best way

Watch the Photo"bombing". You don't want to anger fans by popping in behind people during events. So be sure they wish you in the shot when it's being taken.

Movements:

Learn the movements of your character. So for the Jawa I shuffle my feet in small steps which gives a funny little walk that seemed to go over well. Some Jawa's were seen almost skipping in the movie. Study, rewind, and study the movements some more.

So for my TK - very military - precision movements a must. Shouldn't be hard for me .. laughs.

Anyway.. great tips and glad I was able to pass em on!

De Brief complete.

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 4

Alright - First Troop De Brief...

It was awesome!

Alright, had a GREAT chat with one of the Garrison and they gave me some tips.. and I think them so awesome I'm going to pass them on..

PICTURES:

Watch the Photo"bombing". You don't want to anger fans by popping in behind people during events. So be sure they wish you in the shot when it's being taken.

Congratulations on your first troop and glad you enjoyed it!

On the photobombing, I have photobombed a LOT and never once had a bad reaction to it, so don't be overly shy with it. Another way to get a big smile from people is to sneak up behind the person taking the photos and make bunny ears or just stand behind them. Guaranteed laughter from the people in the photo!

• Like 2

Yeah.. In my Jawa I would sometimes stand beside the individual taking the picture and pretend I had a camera and start taking imaginary pictures.

I think I'll try to get a droid caller too.. then maybe I can start pointing it at the phone .. but only if it's an .. AN-Droid. Laughs..

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

Congratulations on your first troop and glad you enjoyed it!

On the photobombing, I have photobombed a LOT and never once had a bad reaction to it, so don't be overly shy with it. Another way to get a big smile from people is to sneak up behind the person taking the photos and make bunny ears or just stand behind them. Guaranteed laughter from the people in the photo!

Photobombing and bunny ears ar my jam! Haha
  • Like 2

Alright.. TK (AP) Update for everyone... Yes this build thread is still going!!

I wanted to clear the air on some things.

I have heard about some issues with AP lately. Many of the issues center around communication problems. Perhaps this will help all understand..

I had a very frank discussion with Mark on the phone. (you know that thing that you can speak through that people forget exists?)

Anyway, it really made me realize the root of the communication problem. For those that do not know, Mark is French Canadian.

English is not his first language. Now, once I heard Mark's voice I realized that and many other things. Suddenly, through voice communication.. 99.9% of the emails between the two of us made more sense!

So here is what I have to say to anyone that raises an issue about AP. Speak to the man.

He was honest, open, frank, and we chatted about the issues, delays with delivery, and the problems he was experiencing on his end. It took a bit as he worked through words in english for me, but all in all I hung up feeling better about everything. I should have paid more attention to my French class in High School!!

Re: My Armour

Mark has done everything he can to get in touch with one of the helpers he uses that is handling my Armour. I am sorry to say that this individual is struggling with a few things right now. I was sad to hear of some of the difficulties.

Communication is the key to anything and everything. If you can't email, or pick up the phone or relay messages to get information through the lines no matter what is happening, how can you expect anyone to understand what is going on and perhaps lend a hand or aid your situation?

Anyway, back to my stuff..

Due to all this my build from what I know may or may not have been going on. We aren't exactly sure. The individual AP was using had advised they would have it to me by July 28th which is this week. As I stated to Mark (AP) I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as they had via email told me they could make that deadline.

The issue is that there is limited communication with the person right now.  Please understand that this issue isn't completely that individuals fault. Real Life stuff happens. There were some issues but that is their business.

Anyway, Real life comes first. People just need to remember to communicate when things are going down. Always remember that people in general are a lot more understanding if they have an idea of what is happening.

So with regards to my TK armor arriving.. well.. we agreed to give the person the benefit of the doubt.. we are all part of the legion, should we not at least give our family member a chance? They said they'd do it.. lets hope it happens.

Back up arrangements have been made with AP and if nothing happens on the 28th then an email will be sent and I have a few people lined up to help me get it together ASAP.

Never judge a book by it's cover or a person by what  you hear...

I gave AP the chance to make my armor for me, he has been great with emails, great with letting me know most of the steps, and great with working with me to figure out things through each challenge or adjustment that was required.

In all of this.. do not get me wrong.. Was I getting angry? yes.. frustrated? yes. The information was all text and I was reading it a few different ways.

However, as I work for a big company I knew enough to request a phone conversation and immediately it all made more sense.

You can hear the passion in his voice about what he does, and his builds, he was humble about the problems he was having, and you could hear how sorry he was for there to be delays. As I can't swear I'll put it better this way.. "Stuff" happens in life and sometimes it's "Stuff" that can't be controlled. Always remember that It is how you handle that "Stuff" that matters in the end.

So why am I saying this? Why am I going on and on about all this "stuff"?

It's not to bash AP, or the builders / helpers or anyone else.

It's to remind people that stuff happens in life, and when problems arise it is the communication that will be the key to solving the issues.

Remember that text in an email can be read 10 different ways and may not be read the same way as the sender meant. If you are ever unsure .. talk to people. 

In this age of technology where noses are buried in emails, txt messages and the like, it seems that the most basic form of communication is being left behind... use your mouth.. call, speak, communicate.. it saves so many issues from becoming an issue in the first place.

So for now I wait for Thursday.. and if I do not hear by 3PM I will be sending that email and getting the backup ball rolling.

If you know the person that I speak of in this message that is working with AP or part of their Garrison, please pass on a message to them.

Please let them know that my thoughts are with them and I hope they are well, and to please let me know if there is anything I can do to lend a hand.

Regards,

Angie

AKA Brattie

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

Are you 100% sure you have or will have all needed soft parts? <br><br>

I dont want to speak for chilly but I can for sure give a few nights or weekend days. Even more if you come to me. <br><br>

Chilly is really good at torsos and strapping. Like 30 minute torso man over there.<br><br>

Not the question is how much do you trust our building skills because what slows us down is the e6000... If we plastic weld this will be done in a few days except any glue other than e6000 scares the crap out of me lol

• Like 2

Don't worry Torok.. we'll sort it out :) And "Chilly" and I already spoke about the strapping etc.

Edited by Brattie

Twitching out - for love of Vader this trooper needs her armour stat! Even I can't handle the wait anymore so you're handling this much better than me Angie.

I'm ready to break stuff...

https://youtu.be/ZpUYjpKg9KY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Communication would solve a lot of the worlds issues. Good Update Angie. Other than your AP kit, do you have all the other bits and pieces to complete your TK? Are you going to push for FanExpo?

• Like 2

it's more like... this..

Anyway.. Yes Brad I am gunning to get my TK done for Fan Expo.. although I'll be in my Jawa as well I'm hoping to participate in the TK march and other things as well. I expect to be in my Jawa for the FE group photo though. :)

As for the bits.. they are being supplied by Chilly to help me out as he knows what I need. So I'll be covering that cost for him but he's getting the stuff :)

Edited by Brattie

I just knew that was going to be Limp Bizkit, why did I even click it

Cause it's a golden oldie now lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Boots, Seal I have already...

Gloves, holster, Belt, detonator and clips all included in what I ordered :)

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2

Chilly_n_Meshie_zpsgicglxwb.png

I have been doing some fun cartoons of a couple of the guys with their beloved nick names.. Laugh.. CHILLY on the left and Meshie on the right!

One is a Sandtrooper the other a Stormtrooper.

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 3

Thank you Angie

You have been very understanding in this whole ordeal and its greatly appreciated and I will make things right, I already started your new kit :)

I just want to specify that all these long delays and problems have been for my ready to wear orders only which I outsourced, all trimmed, untrimmed kits and built helmets have been shipping on time with absolutely no issues since I do all the work, like they say better do the work yourself its a sure thing.

Mark (AP)

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 7

Don't worry Torok.. we'll sort it out :) And "Chilly" and I already spoke about the strapping etc.

Yup ive got everything needed to get it done (i always buy extra), thats not an issue.. Using CA can have it done in 2 days max (after trimmed and cover strips made) But i would prefer to use e6000 because you never know and i wouldn't CA any suit that wasn't mine...

So, after armor arrives i should have it ready for strapping in 3-5 days (Work depending) as Chris said, ill have it strapped in 30-60 min no problem. and then its just final fitting ect.. Easy as pie  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 3

You guys are awesome!

It's helpful and relaxing to know others have a plan of attack for my gear when it arrives. :)

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2