Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

:) I hope so Dan.. will wait and see.. I try hard to listen to all of the advice of those that have gone before me.. just frustrated.. waiting for armor, waiting for this and that and now that I have a chance.. blah! anyway.. thanks for the tips and words of encouragement! :)

• Like 1

I love it when I hear "Aren't you a little short to be a Stormtrooper?", that's usually when I just walk up behind said person and stare down at them over their shoulder rofl.

• Like 3

:) I hope so Dan.. will wait and see.. I try hard to listen to all of the advice of those that have gone before me.. just frustrated.. waiting for armor, waiting for this and that and now that I have a chance.. blah! anyway.. thanks for the tips and words of encouragement! :)

Trust me, reactions are a lot more positive when you're part of a Star Wars crowd, rather than being on your own... I've done a number of 501st on my own as well, it tough at times, but a lot of the time it's just awesome! More good than bad, always!

• Like 2

Saturday I kept hearing look at that one hes so much dirtier. Stuff like that.<br><br>

My favorite version was "hes seen some s..t"<br><br>

One guy asked me if I had ptsd from battle because I was so dirty<br><br>

Theres always something. Put a mask on and people forget theres a person with feelings.

• Like 2

You're so close Angie! little wait longer and you'll be in like flint! I hope you're TK journey will quick and painless and not an 8 month poop shoot like mine lol

• Like 3

hehe.. I have sped up the build by asking them to get it to me so I'll be visiting Willis and Torok I am sure more than a few times to get it done before Fan Expo!

• Like 3

There was a time when I was alone
Nowhere to go and no place to call home
My only friend was the man in the moon
And even sometimes he would go away, too

Then one night, as I closed my eyes,
I saw a shadow flying high
He came to me with the largest ship
Told me he wanted to talk for bit
He said, "Darth Vader. That's what they call me.
I promise that you'll never be lonely."
And ever since that day...

I am a Stormtrooper from the Death Star
usually hanging out with Darth Vader
and when we're bored we play on Endor
always on the hunt for Rebel Scum
"Shoot, Shoot Stormtrooper," they say to me,
"Shoot near all of the jedi you see."

The Death Star is home to Stormtroopers like me
And Stormtroopers like me are free

He spoke to me about the Force and told me to believe
Believe in him and believe in me
Together we will fly away in a cloud of green
To your beautiful destiny
As we soared above the planets that never loved me
I realized I finally had a family
Soon enough we reached The Death Star
Peacefully I wore my Armor
And ever since that day...

Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Natasi Daala,
Even Palpatine.
You are my perfect story book
Death Star, I love you so,
You are now my home sweet home
Forever a Stormtrooper at last

And for always I will say...

• Like 2

Oh come now.. the Empire will take out another loan and build another Death Star or Star killer Base or something.. just wait for it.. - chuckles -

• Like 1

Oh come now.. the Empire will take out another loan and build another Death Star or Star killer Base or something.. just wait for it.. - chuckles -

After seeing what they did in EP VII I'm hoping they don't construct another once... I mean come now, three times it got destroyed... Three times to not get it right, and still they don't learn... Bring in the new weapon of destruction lol

• Like 3

Biological warfare. A galactic plague only the Empire has a cure for perhaps?

It's sort of been done in the Thrawn Trilogy... Touched on that history with the Noghri home world and Vader...

• Like 2

It's sort of been done in the Thrawn Trilogy... Touched on that history with the Noghri home world and Vader...

I'm gonna have to check that out

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm gonna have to check that out

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

It's something along the lines of the Empire salted or seeded the earth with a chemical that only they could get rid of, but used just enough each time, so the Noghri would remain in servitude.
  • Like 3

Ok...so how tall are you? Im five 8. And my jawa rocks. Expressive body language, position, and a sound glove, and bam. Tallsayers get ignored. Other characters point out there are many tall jawas in episode 4. Or that they get taller if they live long enough. Or just say no.

• Like 3

5'10 but it doesn't matter. :) <br>
I just finished a re-build of the jawa mask. Looks awesome now.

Jawa_Mask_V2_zpsjltx1izi.png

Added extra panels on the sides to tuck into balaclava to help hide skin.

Tried to make it look scavenged but at the same time wrapped a little. Similar to film screen shots of masks etc.

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 4

Alright.. so over the weekend I went to a birthday party for a Garrison mate's 5 year old son.

I have to say it wasn't an official troop but I did learn how great it was to have experienced handlers around!

There were 2 crayons and a sandy at the event and I stuck around the Crayons a bit so I could protect their lower half from the excited kids. This seemed to work out well.

After when we went outside the Crayons changed and became handlers for the Sandy and I and I have to say they were great at it. I didn't have to think about my Jawa costume as it was being monitored and adjusted when needed by my handler.. they knew what to do! It was so nice! I didn't have to try to explain to them with hand signals while staying in character.. they just knew. I tell ya.. for a first time with a handler it was so nice! I could relax and just focus on my character and having fun..

Here's a funny picture taken at the party..  Laughs

Sith%20Jawa_zpsdon2qoio.jpg

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 3

:peace: yep.. and I well.. scavenged it for making a funny picture! Laughs :laugh1:

Hey Chreric, errm.. what happened to your blaster the other day? I heard something broke?

• Like 1