Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Thanks guys.. you have all been so awesome. I can't wait to get going on my TK build.. but first things first I am sure I'll have a few small adjustments to make to the Jawa...

That being said.. I have submitted for 501st approval... :D

I'll be working with my awesome GML now to make the necessary adjustments or such to get the Jawa 100% approved.

Soo I'll be joining the ranks.. maybe not as I had hoped in my TK first.. but that's okay.. I want to have a few outfits to wear.. and I made the Relay for Life deadline.

All in all.. happy I am.

• Like 3

Good Morning,

No word yet. I had to darken the lighter parts, but that's done now. Anyway.. still waiting on the approval bit.

On other news.. I did it! I walked a total of 26kms in Relay for Life which amounts to 22 laps around the track. 12 of those laps in my Jawa costume, 4 of the 12 Jawa walks took place when it was 30 degrees. They said to challenge yourself, and I did!

Here I am with the Medics:

Jawa%20RFL_zpsbsbzchxd.jpg

And Below some Luminaries for our Team etc.

RFL_zpsxr7xpwk6.jpg

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 6

So.. I have been thinking about what to say in the thread... I guess I've hit the low that most hit at this point in the waiting game.

Sitting.. waiting.. watching for news on parts, deliveries, etc. Waiting to hear about stuff..

I don't allow myself to get too excited about things these days as they just don't seem to happen when they should and if I expect them then I end up disappointed.

I have enough disappointment in my life.. 

The excitement is gone. It truly is. I am sure it will return at a later date.. but for now.. I wait.. and wait.. and hope for news on one front or another.

I have tried to convince myself that this is all just the "coming down" phase from the rush it was participating in Relay for Life and although I was the only star wars person there deep down I knew I was doing it for Maryanne. She was my dearest friend and I miss her everyday. She passed Dec 16th 2014 of Bone cancer. On Saturday at Relay for Life.. every encounter with kids and adults I could see and feel her laughing along with everyone as they had some fun with this crazy Jawa person in over 30 degree blistering heat..

I know I'll have a few changes I think I'll make to my Jawa down the road.. I have been researching more on what people are doing to help make sure their eyes are more visible in the daylight. Having the veil to mask your face also masks the eyes it seems. That was disappointing, but I've now found a few other ideas and may start working towards that. I hope to meet up with another Jawa eventually and trade notes. I am sure they'd be more experienced than I would on it all.

My goal was to get my TK done before the start of summer.. now I'm not sure on the end of the summer.. I'm unsure of everything.. I just feel like I'm talking to myself some days... and no I'm not talking about the supplier or anything like that so please.. I don't want to hear any negatives.. I have enough of those on my own.

I was raised with the "if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all". I don't want a pity party either... that's not me.

I am trying to be patient with everything. I am perfectly happy with the logical process that things that take more time will be done right whereas things done quickly can have many issues.

My annoyance in things right now is a lack of communication within my body. My Brain and heart just don't seem to want to talk.

The best way to describe how I feel right now is to picture my heart acting like a teen slamming her bedroom door angry at the world. My Brain is locked up in a small dark office busy balancing books and sorting out deadlines for work. Meanwhile my soul is on vacation and my stomach is fighting with my subconscious over the amount of money I've spent which has left my emotions on a roller coaster with no one manning the stop button.

Does that make sense?

Anyway.. back to watching at the clock.. tick.. tick.. tick

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2

Just delays in stuff.. I needed to figure out some things and sort out some other items as well as measurements and all that stuff. They are doing some things for me. It'll get here.. hopefully.

Angie, hang in there shouldn't be long now. if it arrives and there is still a lot of adjustment and work needed to it, just come over we will have it done in a weekend, Just like Eric's armor :smiley-sw013:

What kind of glue are you using that allows you to finish an entire suit in one weekend?

Mark hasn't shipped your Armor yet, last time we spoke at the armor party you had your helmet already. But you're still waiting on the rest?

Mark sent the helmets for the orders he had out as soon as they were ready. There is a line up of orders to complete. I have him (his builder) doing some things for me as I don't have a lot of space. So I knew it would take some extra time.

I've just sent off an email asking for an update on how things are progressing. Last I had heard (2.5 weeks ago) they were completing 3 orders a week. So mine should be ready any day now.. but who knows. It's why I'm seeking an update.

Alright.. so continuing the Journal part of this Journey.. I have to say.. thank goodness our GML is such a great guy!

I know I'm new and not sure how everything works completely, but talk about patience and taking the time to talk about each thing and wanting to work through each challenge and help you along.. that is our GML.

I'm so glad he's not an A-hole or I'd be lost in never never land by now. I was lucky enough to have a nice long chat between work interruptions with our GML yesterday. He checked in on the status of my jawa approval and we talked about all the different things for my Jawa. Just goes to show how much of a "Family" our local people are and how much they are willing to do to help others.

Our chats leave me wanting to get my rear in gear and make the necessary changes, adjustments and strive for more excellence with my gear. It relaxes me to have a direction and eases my mind by reminding me that I'm not alone with all of this.

So I have to say.. a huge Thanks to our GML.. look forward to working with you more as the Journey continues..

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2

What kind of glue are you using that allows you to finish an entire suit in one weekend?

I have been using E6000 automotive (very fast setting) just lots of clamps and magnets, so i can do almost entire suit in a few days, wile everything is curing i can do all the snaps and straps. after the snaps are made glue them in with more magnets as others cure...   :duim:

Alright.. so continuing the Journal part of this Journey.. I have to say.. thank goodness our GML is such a great guy!

I know I'm new and not sure how everything works completely, but talk about patience and taking the time to talk about each thing and wanting to work through each challenge and help you along.. that is our GML.

I'm so glad he's not an A-hole or I'd be lost in never never land by now. I was lucky enough to have a nice long chat between work interruptions with our GML yesterday. He checked in on the status of my jawa approval and we talked about all the different things for my Jawa. Just goes to show how much of a "Family" our local people are and how much they are willing to do to help others.

Our chats leave me wanting to get my rear in gear and make the necessary changes, adjustments and strive for more excellence with my gear. It relaxes me to have a direction and eases my mind by reminding me that I'm not alone with all of this.

So I have to say.. a huge Thanks to our GML.. look forward to working with you more as the Journey continues..

Glad to here our GML was able to chill you out a bit, We do have also of awesome people in the CG & everyone is always there for eachother :duim:

• Like 1

Awesome, now you need to play your first official troop! There is bunch on the 25th. Get signed up on the 501st.ca page ASAP then you can see the upcoming events. Get your 501st approval here too then you can get on the 501st member only section and don't forget to get on the 501st.com page that's where all the good merch is. 

• Like 2

Thanks! Already ordering patches and stuff.. Laughs.. Waiting for approval into the .ca one..

Am busy on the 25th unfortunately as that's the last day of Judo until fall. We have a BBQ for the Judo kids in the morning and then I am finishing off a contracted job in the afternoon.

Hope to make it on dates after that though.. Minus July 9th as I now have a party to attend that day. 

Have access now to Members sections here and Krayt too! Whoohoo.. party time! :peace:

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 3

Abs glue, ca, and do the e6000 stuff and snap plates first :-)
  • Like 1