Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Go there, try on and look in mirror, see if you can see, and see your eyes behind them... Keep in mind there won't be any background lighting, as your head is inside a bucket. You need to be able to see though... Well, see as best we can with the bucket on that is.

Thanks Dan.. I'll wear a hoodie to cut down on light and take a mirror I guess

Problem with A-G is its not a store, it's a supply desk and a wear house so it's hard to go to just look. <br><br>

Just remember to buy a face shield because you don't want to risk heat bending these things of you don't need to and the flat stuff sucks to make fit compared

I hear ya Eric.. I wish I just knew the exact product to buy.. someone has to have something that they can say "THIS IS THE RIGHT ONE TO BUY" kinda thing so I can just go and say "I need.. yadda yadda yadda" and then know it's the right one for all the work I need to do on it.

This half arsed bantha fodder nerf-herd guessing drives me nuts.

Edited by Brattie

@ Eric - Hey.. what "posts" did you use for mounting your lenses? where did you get them?

I like your system and have a few ideas on how to mount the posts to the face plate. :smiley-sw013:

for mounting Angie the fix it stick is good too, you can paint and pretty it up later. Take your lens (es) mark in the helmet where you need to screw it in, screw in your screws to the nuts (not all the way just to the bottom of the nut) then use your putty and stick it in where you marked the screw marks. and press your screws and nuts into the putty. make sure it's level with the eye indentations from the mold pulls, let dry and remover the screws and screw the lenses in. that's what I did, the lenses are flush (with an air gap for fog) and looks pretty tight.

• Like 1

Model Es815p/40<br>

Polycarbonate .040

Thanks Eric.. I'll have a look at that one when I get to AG today.

for mounting Angie the fix it stick is good too, you can paint and pretty it up later. Take your lens (es) mark in the helmet where you need to screw it in, screw in your screws to the nuts (not all the way just to the bottom of the nut) then use your putty and stick it in where you marked the screw marks. and press your screws and nuts into the putty. make sure it's level with the eye indentations from the mold pulls, let dry and remover the screws and screw the lenses in. that's what I did, the lenses are flush (with an air gap for fog) and looks pretty tight.

Thanks for the instructions Dave.. will be very helpful when I get to that point...

What Posts/screws should I get? Where?

Flush at the top, air-gap at the bottom right?

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

FYI - I deleted the thread on FB - It didn't seem helpful and don't want to annoy anyone with posting on there.

Edited by Brattie

for the screws I used 6-32 machine screws that I cut to the correct length and the corresponding nuts. I couldn't find the screws at home depot they were too small, but I did find the nuts there.

Lowe's, home hardware, or canadian tire may have them thought. I literally just jammed them in the putty.

Alright.. I just got in from AG and ordered the This one..

Company :Torok Woodworking - Laugh

I hope it's dark enough.

They didn't have any to look at only the cateloge so I am flying by the seat of my armor here.. sighs.. fingers crossed it will work or it's a waste of money.

Will know within the next day or two.

Edited by Brattie

That's the one I was going to get! I might return there and use that company name. Did you have to give address? So you don't need an account with them just pay cash I guess. The guy behind the counter didn't like me obviously.

@ Mark

These aren't perfect yet but I'm gently and VERY slowly working at them.. but I already have it gently seated down a little more flush..

TKear2_zps2xq5aj2r.jpgTKear1_zpsrx46fve4.jpg

Making sure I don't taper too much as I want to ensure I maintain the strength. But I might end up re-inforcing the underside anyway. :)

• Like 1

That's the one I was going to get! I might return there and use that company name. Did you have to give address? So you don't need an account with them just pay cash I guess. The guy behind the counter didn't like me obviously.

Not a big deal.. they did ask for the address and I said omg.. I don't know.. I just drive there.. you know.. go this way.. then turn right.. and the buildings there up the driveway kinda thing.  The old guy laughed and the young guy entering the info said "yeah we don't really need it" then laughed.

I was like.. well I'll call him if you want.. leave it to my boss to send me on this wild goose chase eh..  then I rolled my eyes and smiled at them.. and they handed over the order number and said they'd call and let me know when to swing buy for it. :P

I thanked them and left... shrugs. easy as making Rey bread.

sometimes it helps being strawberry blonde. Laughs

Edited by Brattie

@ Mark

These aren't perfect yet but I'm gently and VERY slowly working at them.. but I already have it gently seated down a little more flush..

TKear2_zps2xq5aj2r.jpgTKear1_zpsrx46fve4.jpg

Making sure I don't taper too much as I want to ensure I maintain the strength. But I might end up re-inforcing the underside anyway. :)

Hey Angie, what did you use to make it sit better?  A drill bit?

Dang that black outline is perfect!

Edited by spyder918