Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

I would think a little polish would help prevent sun and other damage. Many plastics are porous so I would think ensuring they had a coat of protection would be a good idea.  A good example of this would be on a car that has plastic bumpers. If you have ever gotten some car wax on the plastic it is very difficult to get it off.

Also Sun can fade most plastics, so I'd want to ensure mine was protected from that. I am very interested in ensuring my armor looks great but also will last for MANY MANY years.

FYI

Just a heads up - I have taken some time to go through my wicked thread with all the pointers and recommendations for different items and summarized them on the First Post First Page Build status section.

If you have any other ideas / recommendations / or points that should be noted on items we've discussed in the past 15 pages please let me know so I can add it to that list.

I want to be able to look at that first post during the build etc to be sure I cover all items without having to hunt for them.

Thanks all! Now back to your regularly scheduled rambling about build stuff...

Understood Sir! I will hunt for a Harley store.. ooo hopefully I'll get to sit on some bikes and pretend I have the money for them before asking for polish!  Laughs

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

As for polish, Novus was hilt recommended by other people. Personally, I don't polish... Damp micro fiber cloth works well. Novus can be found at your local Harley Davidson shop.

This stuff is awesome!

If you can try to pick up all 3 ( Novus 1 - clean and shine, Novus 2 - for light scratches, Novus 3 - for heavy scratches ) I have found this stuff helps to clean up the scratches from trimming and assembly as well as scuffs from the soon upcoming troops.

Big cheers to Dan!

Enjoy Harley Davidson

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 2

Thanks A-Aron.. now I just have to find a Harley place!

If you can't find a Harley-Davidson then you can start to check Car shops as well -

Oh and your "Fix-It Stik" is at Home Depot - Plumbing Isles

A-Aron - Thanks ! I couldn't find it when I was there but now that I know to check Plumbing I will for sure. It hardens really good right? I want to use it to create posts for screwing in my Lenses when I adjust them.

What kind of "Car Shops"?

Edited by Brattie

A-Aron - Thanks ! I couldn't find it when I was there but now that I know to check Plumbing I will for sure. It hardens really good right? I want to use it to create posts for screwing in my Lenses when I adjust them.

What kind of "Car Shops"?

It is an epoxy so I imagine it does - but honestly can't say.

Car detail shops - the easiest way I found it was to google Novus and include your city name in the search

• Like 2

Recap

Hey guys.. I was just trying to remember ... if the inside of the bucket is plasti-dipped does Velcro still stick to it?

No oo plastidip lol

Noo Plastidip or you just don't like it? I like the look of the black inside for the main purpose of having it look more like a real helmet :D

• Like 1

Noo Plastidip or you just don't like it? I like the look of the black inside for the main purpose of having it look more like a real helmet :D

I don't like the look.. Wasn't used in movies, and doesn't need be used now... Sides, I personally feel, it doesn't do anything unless your bucket is off so people can see it...

• Like 1

Figures We get the one Recruit Squad Captain who's Anti-Plastidip rofl

I know right! LAUGH!!  I think I'll Mesh the HELL out of my frown too!!! ~ evil grin and waits for the flood of replies to start.. ~ :dancing-trooper:

Edited by Brattie

I know right! LAUGH!! I think I'll MESH THE HELL out of my frown too!!! ~ evil grin and waits for the flood of replies to start.. ~

Don't do that or you will get the name Minnie-Mesh Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 2

Brattie - the screen door trooper - Laugh

:dancing-trooper:  Here she comes to save the day... it's Brattie the screen door trooper on her way!!!! :Stormtrooper_walk_south:

Theme Song LAUGH

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2

Plastidip mesh!

Ooo.. the scary part of that was when I actually pondered how to do it for a moment!!!

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

Ooo.. the scary part of that was when I actually pondered how to do it for a moment!!!

Lmao I'm sure you'll find a way... Personally, I'm not in favour of plastidip or mesh, but whatever you choose to do, is ok. You're the one who has to live with/wear it.

• Like 1

well.. okay.. so lets be clear on all this boyz.. I'm a female.. I don't like flying bugs.. so if I'm going to be outside with bees and wasps while Troopin' sometimes... well then screen to keep em out is a bonus!

No one likes bees in their bonnets right?

And I know I must Ken-ify my bucket so the screen can be removed if he's around. :D

Edited by Brattie