DYNAMIC1 FO WIP

Alright guys...Today I was B _ _ _ S deep in FO to say the least! My 501st buddy was able to come buy and lend me a hand with marking things off. That being said, Here is what I was able to accomplish:

1.   Mark and mount shoulder bells as well as the center chest strap (still unsure as to what I’m going to do here).

SH%20and%20Backplate.jpg

SH%20button.jpg

Below is a button mount method I came up with years ago while working on my Jango. Using a turkey thermometer (it’s Thanks Giving right ; ), I drive the webbing onto the sharp end which facilitates the hole. I then take the button end; place it directly onto the thermometer over the top of the webbing. Once I have it in place, I then bring the webbing up onto the button post. Finally, I remove the entire mechanism (webbing with button), place onto the button mount, squeeze and Viola!

Button%20Technique.jpg

2. Had my mother sew the gaskets together which came out great!

Gasket%20Sewn.jpg

3. Although I neglected to take a pic, I reworked the thigh straps using 2" webbing and velcro. Using E-600 I mounted the velcro onto the straps. I also looped the webbing around the vest section which allows me to move the straps laterally for adjustment.

Here is a quick and dirty pic of how it looks without the gaskets.....I need to bring the chest up a bit.

First%20Suitup.jpg

Although we have some family stuff to attend to tomorrow, I still plan to get some things done in the evening. Getting closer guys! ; )

Edited by Dynamic1

Alright..Was able to attach the center webbing on the chest, apply buttons as well as mount the initial magnet setup as described by Steamboatphan. Once I've painted I will most likely setup some velcro in order to secure the top section. Below you can see where I've placed the snaps as well as the magnets.

Posterior%20chest.jpg

Here is what the interior looks like at this point...

Interior%20mount1.jpg

After trying the entire rig, here is where everything sits. Moving along!

Chest%20mount1.jpg

• Like 1

Was a pretty productive Turkey day. Was able to figure out another reinforcement for the chest piece (pics later), lay down a couple gloss coats on the shoulders, shins and biceps, followed by the last coat of white on the butt plate. Tomorrow I plan to gloss coat the butt plate and possibly a third coat on the biceps and shins...we'll see how it looks. Im going to move forward and put down the initial coat of white on the chest and back as well.....Keep you guys posted  :duim:

Turkey%20Day.jpg

Yet again, another successful day. Achieved everything we discussed yesterday and a bit more. Was able to get 2 light coats down on the ab section as well as 2 light coats on the chest and back. One more coat tomorrow and nearing completion. Here is what I am looking at:

1. Try everything on again once dry so that I can size the belt.

2. Waiting on my belt spacer from JAFO which should be here any day. That being said, I need to mount the belt boxes.

3. Waiting to hear from Landher Props for neck seal. If I don't hear from him soon I will just go with TB.

4. Submit pics for 501st approval so I can nerd out w/ some of my buddies ; )..

Looking forward to completing this build! BTW, how do my glutes look  :P

Glute.jpg

• Like 1

I've worked with magnets before on a boba I did...however, Evan set the stage for the placement on this one so I can't take full credit ; )...I do have an anchor method I'm going to share with you guys once the paint dries.

Thanks for the push guys!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dynamic1
  • Like 1

Although the weather stinks, I was able to get the clips adhered both on the shins as well as the biceps. I also applied the pill box decals. For those that haven't put these on yet I measured 2 3/4" from the back section of the recessed area of the clip, and 2 1/4" from the bottom of the bicep to the top of the first pill box in succession. We'll see how the temperature is mañana.....Stay tuned...

Arm%20Pill%20boxes.jpg

Edited by Dynamic1

After looking at a couple more reference images I decided to bring the pill boxes up about 1/4". Adjusted above...new height is approx 2 1/4" from the bottom of the bicep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dynamic1

MAN.......I can smell the end! Paint is completely finished...Thank the force. Here are some photos of the velcro chest mount along w/ the magnets that I applied earlier in the thread. I tried to get some inside shots for you guys to get an idea of what this looks like. I have to say it holds up like a MONSTER!!!! You can clearly see me holding it out with one hand...I was actually bouncing, jostling and shaking it and it was not budging.

Chest%20mount1_1.jpg

This angle shows the industrial strength velcro I have applied at a slight downward angle. This also allows me to draw the back "arms" in towards midline which sets the chest seams up nicely.

Chest%20mount2.jpg

Chest%20mount4.jpg

Chest%20mount6.jpg

And here is an image which brings a tear to my eye :P ....Decided to have some fun and break out the lid for some glamour shots. onto the belt and locating a neck seal!

Prelim%201.jpg

Edited by Dynamic1

Alright....Did an initial suit-up the other day and wasn't quite happy w/ the spacing , Gasket sizing issues etc. That being said, this thing is quite the BEAST to get perfect. Heres what was accomplished:

1. Mom the seamstress to the rescue....The gaskets were just massive and we ended up taking about 1.5"-2" out in a couple sections. This created a nice taper and allowed them to fit nice and snug.

Resize%20gasket3.jpg

Resize%20gasket1.jpg

Resize%20gasket2.jpg

AND then....There is the belt...My absolute least favorite part and definately enhances ones ability to problem solve LOL!!! I will share the order I went along w/ anything Id suggest doing different:

1. Sized the belt circumference (nylon only) with the ab, cod and buttplate sections on.

2. I then sized and trimmed the outer rubber layer along w/ the spacer.

3. Using E6000 I adhered the 2 rubber layers together (use 5 min epoxy as I had better success with this).

4. Using a mannequin as well as myself, I marked the box placing w/ tape.

5. Once this was accomplished I cut and placed the Industrial strength sticky back velcro where I wanted. Although I couldn't think of a more appropriate method I am sure there may be a better way? I say this bc once you adhere the velcro in order to confirm placement and spacing, you will then have to carefully move the the velcro and apply 5 min epoxy along w/ the Chicago screws (see Steamboatphan method). It's a bit of a back-and-forth PITA but got the job done ; ).

6. Once everything was to my satisfaction I then mounted the boxes. I would suggest drilling the holes, push the screws through the 2 rubber layers FIRST, then the nylon layer. I can't express this enough as you will have to wriggle push and pry through the rubber layers. You can then drive the nylon layer over and in position followed by drilling the male end into place. I hope all of this makes some sense.

Belt1.jpg

Belt2.jpg

Belt3.jpg

I should be getting the gaskets back tomorrow and will then do a final suit-up....Stay tuned :duim:

Edited by Dynamic1
  • Like 2