DYNAMIC1 FO WIP

Went ahead and coated the inside today while I'm waiting for the paint test. That being said, I went ahead and masked off very securely as SB had an issue with some overspray leaking through. Next, threw down a misting coat of dark primer. Once this dried after about 60-90 minutes I went ahead and laid the plastic coat. I prefer LET over plastidip as it sprays MUCH better. You can find it at any Home Depot. Here are my results after about 15 minutes of drying time....

cb56f523d67d5b57dccfc655513a095e.jpg

831e3b81b114ecdfa997ee1ac3f28f02.jpg

a89b62b42fb9d25d7ed8b52202826ba5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snap!!!

873ba10b9b3cddfdbee147bcb30720e9.jpg

Did this a while ago and installed a homemade two fan system using AA battery packs. Just yesterday I finished tinkering with a new improved USB powered three fan system!

7c1b6801ab71f5a47d8fe60470e755d6.jpg

Waiting on some switches to upgrade further and then I'll install. I'm also building an internal mic system and a hearing system. Lots of fun whilst waiting on the armour

• Like 2

I also put in some soft pads and put some PVC dust proof computer mesh over the vents.

389aa871fe98f6aee20d8f1f095ddce5.jpg

This has reminded me to start a build thread!

Beautiful....I have the same Skydex pads...how do you like them with the helmet liner?...One thing I don't like about the liner is that it rotates anterior/posterior...

They fit well and add that little bit of comfort. Also helps deaden the bucket acoustics. I don't mind the liner. Just gives that little extra support.

• Like 1

Well then, I know what I'm buying when I go to Home Depot today...How'd you guys mask off the lenses?

Slowly and carefully

Just layer up the masking tape and make sure you cover everything!!!

On, and don't forget to plug the vents so spray doesn't leak out to the outer bucket.

• Like 1

Here are a couple more shots that may help...

061241d0d4b6ffe74504c0aca7f69a89.jpg

ef0f3e9d874ade79127cb56d54384b4e.jpg

a7c7fcb49bb83ee154699805c7119d77.jpg

Hey buddy, I love all the discussion but lets try and keep the photos limited to your thread...if I allow other members to post pics throughout my personal thread it becomes difficult to decipher my own images ; )....thanks

• Like 1

Slowly and carefully

Just layer up the masking tape and make sure you cover everything!!!

On, and don't forget to plug the vents so spray doesn't leak out to the outer bucket.

Yep, exactly this....I tore into smaller strips, then carefully placed and doubled up /overlapped covering the entire lens....

• Like 1

So I've got a question for you, you tried a flexible paint that your ended up liking on your armor bits but on the more rigid parts it didn't end up looking the same? Did you clear coat them as well or just use the same white and not the clear?

I did not cc but it would probably be ok....honestly at this point, if I don't end up going with the auto guy, I think I would end up going with the Rustoleum steamboat is using on his kit....you just can't beat that gloss

Hey buddy, I love all the discussion but lets try and keep the photos limited to your thread...

Apologies and agreed This has spurred me on to get busy and start creating my own thread.

• Like 1

Apologies and agreed This has spurred me on to get busy and start creating my own thread.

No worries buddy! I get excited too lol! Let's get yours going...we've got a great group working on Jims armor right now! Edited by Dynamic1
  • Like 1

Alright...got a ton completed today...trimmed back of ab section and put down light primer. Next, I did some trimming on the thighs followed by resin on the inside as well as the shins....I also received my greebles and holster from Justin and these are beautiful!...super clean lines and a tad more rigid which I like. These are a great touch!

555333bc9d1bb933e208699557f36f4a.jpg

Edited by Dynamic1
  • Like 1

Starting to mess around with placement....trimmed the thighs about 1-2" and added in the recessed section around the knee area...much more mobility as I could prob bang out a full squat if I wanted

d0987e349a6e9556ce00394e728fed88.jpg

Edited by Dynamic1

In chatting with Steamboat he reminded me to trim the calfs...so....got the medial side of the calfs trimmed as well. Here is a reference from my 1/6 scale HT for you guys as well...

09557485a8b376d29efc2bca07c9e111.jpg

f7f6749b08e2da35c1ef4f220d72c278.jpg

• Like 1