DYNAMIC1 FO WIP

Bit of an update...after a crazy morning I as able to fill the hex, trim the medial side as well as lay the first coat of primer ; ). Will probably take one more run of a tiny bit of filler then on to the forearms...

Bicep1.jpg

Well...bc I'm a glass half full kind of guy, this could have been much worse. That being said I've spent the entire morning re-sanding down the biceps, shoulders as well as the chest piece. The high build primer was a bit too thick and ended up cracking on me ; (. Ofcourse I had to provoke it with flexion however, I will be re-applying with SEM "flexible primer" as time permits in the next couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...bc I'm a glass half full kind of guy, this could have been much worse. That being said I've spent the entire morning re-sanding down the biceps, shoulders as well as the chest piece. The high build primer was a bit too thick and ended up cracking on me ; (. Ofcourse I had to provoke it with flexion however, I will be re-applying with SEM "flexible primer" as time permits in the next couple of days.

Treat those hand plates like they're made of glass. I almost broke them a few days back testing them with just my grip.

Here's where I ended up today.... Also, here was a test piece with the SEM....keep you guys posted...

b022ca7add85d06456c7e9ac9487eee1.jpg

Trying to figure out what's going on in this pic... are these just pieces sanded down which had the SEM primer on them? What's the grey vs white in color?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Alright...the SEM flexible primer seems to be doing the trick....fingers crossed. I also put down a light coat of resin on the parts which should be the most rigid. Going to lay down the primer on the biceps this evening....

ab29afb32c98d99e8773a2d4b9cc85a5.jpg

• Like 1

Ok quick update...put down the SEM "Flexible Primer" and so far, so good. I've also brushed 2 nice light coats of resin just to hinder some of the flexibility although it's still presents with some nice movement. That being said I will buff out with some 0000 steel whool or fine grit sand paper and move forward....pics to come.

Here is a quick pic from this morning....quick sand on the back, cod, butt plate, spats, knees and forearms along with a light coat of resin. Going to lay the first SUPER LIGHT coat of primer this afternoon. As time permits I will move on to the thighs and shins. on another note, after speaking to Jim and Sirossage I don't plan on separating the spats as I am able to get my foot through ; )....

dbdd81b54bd30d75f47b7b60bc35c7b9.jpg

Edited by Dynamic1

95bf09927c4718403519220e557d48f8.jpg

This is one of my favorite techniques in order to get some of the super fine detailing accomplished....good old Popsicle stick with some SP super glued ; )...this part is going to drive me nuts!

And....done for the evening. Was able to get quite a bit done.

de5ffdfa55a7b12a7d51aa89cf05cf0a.jpg

Pretty happy with the detail I was able to bring forward on the forearms...not perfect however, I'm pretty content.to clean up the hard to get spots I had some success with this dremmel piece.....

3749117876812964caee3f12fa801875.jpg

cf354e2f8fd8462136f12b98a26d1cc0.jpg

Will clean, sand and primer the back tomorrow along with the cod and butt plate.

Thanks for looking

Edited by Dynamic1
  • Like 1

bcbb1be4de98be970bfb3d173d9be38e.jpg

Moving right along...what I have left is the ab section, thighs and shins. Once complete I'm going to get this beast rigged up prior to painting. Question, has anyone had success with a particular paint which has not cracked at all? As of now I have an auto paint guy scheduled to put down SEM brand gloss white along with a flexible clear coat.

bcbb1be4de98be970bfb3d173d9be38e.jpg

Moving right along...what I have left is the ab section, thighs and shins. Once complete I'm going to get this beast rigged up prior to painting. Question, has anyone had success with a particular paint which has not cracked at all? As of now I have an auto paint guy scheduled to put down SEM brand gloss white along with a flexible clear coat.

so, i bought some of the SEM gloss white in a rattle can.... when i test sprayed it for color matching, it was waaay darker than the anovos helmet.  just throwing that out there.  I'm using the rustoleum universal advanced formula gloss white.  it matches perfect and the description says high flexibility 

• Like 1

so, i bought some of the SEM gloss white in a rattle can.... when i test sprayed it for color matching, it was waaay darker than the anovos helmet. just throwing that out there. I'm using the rustoleum universal advanced formula gloss white. it matches perfect and the description says high flexibility

Yeah I'm having cracking issues with rustoleum 2x gloss white, was going to try the universal
  • Like 1

A bit more completed today...also, put some black primer on the posterior sides for a nice finish. Just the thighs and shins left ; ).

20b5b494114889ff03a15cd209db2ad8.jpg

Edited by Dynamic1
  • Like 1