DYNAMIC1 FO WIP

Looks good Brian! I am eager to see your progress. I'm on Jim's waitlist, which works perfect for me as I am moving soon anyways.

Thanks whipeout

! You won't be disappointed! Thing of beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dynamic1

Just put the DP on mine. Might have to pay extra for the fast shipping. Too excited!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I did DV lol....at that point what's $75 more to receive it 3 weeks earlier ; ).

• Like 1

Nice to see a WIP on jims kit. As mine will too arrive soon, i am now following your thread with great interest :)

What are you using for as the weapons stand for your officer blaster?

Hey buddy...here is the link. I have a couple and use them for my vintage snow speeder that I display. They're great little stands.

http://flightpose.com

Just an update as it's been a crazy week! Hit the chest piece with another coat of the SEM primer and will give it a couple runs of wet sanding this weekend. If all goes as planned, I will get through a few more pieces. Once this is complete, I will begin measuring out and marking everything for the rigging...Stay tuned guys.

• Like 2

Alrighty guys...Will finish up the wet sanding on the chest today....just a few little pin holes I filled (to be expected)...want this beauty to look like glass ; ). Should lay the final coat of filler primer then move onto the shoulders which should be minimal work, if any at all...

Chest%202.jpg

Edited by Dynamic1

Have you gotten your TK7 boots?  How do they fit? What is your normal shoe size?

Hey buddy....yes..my normal shoe size is a 9 US. I did order a 9 but were a tad too big, as were the gloves (which I still need to order smaller). That being said, I went ahead ordered the 8 and they should be here in the next couple weeks..SO, if the 8's are indeed better, I will have the 9 up for grabs....

Wet sanding by hand? How long did it take you? Which grit did you use? Asking because i see myself in that position in about a month or two :)

Same here. I want to do a Phasma and wet sanding is going to be my friend on that build, but I have no idea how to do it.

Hey guys...so sorry I missed the last few posts as for some reason my Tapatalk never notified me. Anyhow, I have made a tad of progress as it was a busy week. To answer the question posted by fedaykin yes I'm wet sanding by hand. Ive had really great success with 320 and 400. I oscillate back and forth by "feel" more than any scientific reasoning. With the use of glazing putty I have gotten rid of the pinholes on the chest piece and have moved onto the TD. You can see by the image the little "pinholes" that come with the pull process which are minimal with jims kit however, they do exist. Going to try and finish up the TD today and move forward. There are several pieces that wont require any filling so this should speed things up ; ). As far as paint, I have located a local auto detail guy (through a buddy on TDH)who is willing to lay the gloss white for me. I will provide him with several images in order to match the correct white. That being said, he uses "SEM" brand which is an expensive brand ($20 for 1 can of primer)but leaves a SUPER nice finish and is designed with flexibility. Keep you guys posted...

FO%20chest%20primer%20finish.jpg

TD1.jpg

pin%20holes2.jpg

For cleaning up the recessed areas such as the openings on the chest as well as the valley sections on the td I recommend using a small needle point file with light to moderate pressure.

Edited by Dynamic1
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I apologize for the delay as work has been crazy...will spare the details but just finished a company expansion....on that note, today I was able to complete the Shoulders and TD ...I will be starting the biceps and gauntlets this week. Should be back on track now!