DYNAMIC1 FO WIP

Alright guys, Today begins the detailed documentation of my TFA FO WIP. Having just finished the SW Half Marathon i'm pretty fired up ; )! Although this is not my first rodeo, it is my first TK of any kind. That being said, I look forward to lots of input/ support from you guys. Over the past month or so I've been curating some of the pieces..these are as follows:

- Armor by Jimmiriquai (wait list March)

- Pouches by MTK Armor (delivered)

- Boots and Gloves by IB/ Francois (en route)

- Blaster (no stock) by Hestonkent (IP)

- Sidearm by Nerf moded by me(gives me something to work on ; )

Here are a few pics in order to facilitate this beast and thanks in advance for your expertise!

FO%20Blaster2.jpg

FO%20Blaster3.jpg

FO%20Blaster4.jpg

Edited by Dynamic1

Brian, do you have a photobucket account (or one on another photo storag/sharing site)? I ask because posting the pictures in he manner at you're using right now, you're going to run out of storage very soon, and you'll no longer be able to post photos in the thread. <br><br>

Other than that, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your progress!

Received my boots and gloves today and I must say the quality and packaging is top notch! Unfortunately I need a different size for both items. I have a PM out to Francois and will move forward as instructed...That being said, one or both may be up for grabs..stay tuned.

Alright guys..After some frustration with getting the images in my thread...With the generous help of Dark CMF, I was able to continue w/ some updates. One more coat of CC then well put his bad boy back together!

FO%20Blaster6.jpg

FO%20Blaster7.jpg

FO%20Blaster5_2.jpg

Edited by Dynamic1
  • Like 2

Update, so I've added another light cc as well as cemented down the actual functional components on the inside. I chose to put them back in, in order to provide some weight. Also, for those who are thinking about modifying this blaster I recommend doing this to protect the paint from chipping. Although the cc will provide protection, if the trigger is functional overtime it will most likely chip away, leaving florescent orange visible. Will update with some pics on Sunday or Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dynamic1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to your progress! I just sent my deposit to Jim and now in line for casting. I think this would be the first build thread of Jim's armor right? <br><br>

I'm also going with the standard line Anovos helmet.

Thanks Joe...Awesome!..i hadnt even thought of that but yes, i think it might be...im going to document eveything as i do with my fett builds...including the rigging as well. I actually ordered a lid from him but havent decided which to troop yet?

Hey all. I just received Jims kit. There are several things id like to say. Although I am new to the TK universe, I am not new to SW building/ costuming. I have done several commissions over on TDH/ RPF including both armor as well as helmets. I feel compelled to say that Jim's armor is second to none! The quality of the material alone is nothing like you have ever felt and will list several details:

Armor;

- The sculpt, not surprising, is OUTSTANDING!

- His resin/ FG ratio is nothing I have ever seen. It provides (as Jim has explained) the durability of FG with all the resilience of resin while at the same time almost presenting with "rubber" feel....AMAZING!!! I wish you knew the ratio of the mix Jim! ; )

- The weight of the armor itself is equal to a FG kit.

- And for everyone here, VERY LITTLE prep work is needed. I will begin tomorrow with just a modicum of sanding, followed by primer and wet sanding

Helmet:

- The sculpt, not surprising, is OUTSTANDING!

- Hard FG and again wish I knew the ratio of resin: hardner bc this thing is absolutely LIGHT! I have the Anovos standard line lid and it is equally as light!

- Although some prep work is needed (demmeling out the grill, some sanding etc) it is mild compared to some lids

Customer Service/ Care:

- Absolutely PHENOMINAL!

- Attention to detail including frequent updates and packaging is spot on and dare I say, one of the best..As a builder, you cant go wrong!

I hope I have provided some insight for you guys and will continue to post updates over the course of this build...LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!

FO%20Delivery2.jpg

Edited by Dynamic1
  • Like 2

Alright, Made a bit of headway while assisting a buddy with his Anovos kit ; ). Here are some images of just a little clean up. Went ahead and layed a super light coat of SEM high build auto primer. I used this stuff with my Ironman build so I'm fairly familiar with it. In the end I am having an auto paint guy lay the gloss white and this is the medium he prefers as well. I also did some detail work with a small file, buffed out with the sponge you see followed by some super light wet sanding with 400, then 000 steel wool. I then threw down another coat of the SEM and will continue with a bit of wet sanding this week... As always feel free to comment guys.

SEM.jpg

FO%20prep1.jpg

FO%20prep2.jpg

FO%20prep3.jpg

Edited by Dynamic1
  • Like 1