Should I get this?

Some of it looks... off to me, could just be how the armor is all positioned for the photo. No clear identification on who the maker is. There are so terribly few makers for the First Order at the moment. 

The helmet definitely doesn't look right on the sides, the trapezoids... The vents are facing up rather than out. The helmet is definitely not screen accurate. 

For all things First Order, I'd recommend starting with this thread that Clint started. Amazing crazy information!

I was mostly looking at the helmet, as that was the most glaring of design issues to me. Now I'm looking at more pictures of the armor.

On the calf pieces, the black 'pills' should be facing out, not in. Not fixable by swapping out on your legs, as there's the little vertical bars that do face out. 

On the forearms, the black boxes are on the inside of the wrist. Could be an easy fix by popping the boxes off and re-affixing them to the correct forearms.

The chest piece needs to be sitting a bit higher, which that's just simple positioning. Nothing about the armor really screams unapprovable to me, but I'm not a membership officer judging costumes. 

They are using pictures of the anovos helmet, and pictures from the guy selling armor on the rpf fprum, hes lying by showing others pictures uless you wanna get ripped off stay far away from anything on etsy.

• Like 2

They are using pictures of the anovos helmet, and pictures from the guy selling armor on the rpf fprum, hes lying by showing others pictures uless you wanna get ripped off stay far away from anything on etsy.

I was looking at sheperten design studios original stormtrooper armor the battle spec version do you think it's 501st worthy? I know they don't ship to the us but lucky for me my parents live in Japan atm so I could send it to them then have them send it to me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

On 1/18/2016 at 5:32 AM, bobcat_justin said:

------------------

Need help this is my first time buying armor will this set be 501st approved?

Jim who posted on this thread makes the armour. You could shoot him a PM. :) 

I was looking at sheperten design studios original stormtrooper armor the battle spec version do you think it's 501st worthy? I know they don't ship to the us but lucky for me my parents live in Japan atm so I could send it to them then have them send it to me.

I'd stay away from them too...long story that can be found here if you look around...

I've contacted the seller and she conformed that this is a recast of my armor. Reported the item to etsy. I have screen caps of the conversation and the sale page. I haven't given anyone permission to recast my stuff. Someone from the UK did ask for permission to cast for a few of his friends but conditions have not been met yet. And i expressly did not give any permission for anyone to sell recasts of my armor internationally.

• Like 3