Tall trooper

I'm trying to buy a set of armor, and I've looked at a lot a 501st vetted dealers but what I don't know is this: does anyone cater beter to tall people? I'm 6'2" and have a narrow waist. I'm sure all armor can be shimmed (to some degree) I just didn't know if one will work better than others.

My husband is your height and went with MC/MonCal armor. The fit was beautiful with him. However, due to wait times, MC/MonCal is not recommended to first time buyers/membership seekers. AP armor should be good! 

Standard, original trilogy TK's can be pretty forgiving in the height department. That's my two cents on the topic, whatever that may be worth!

WELCOME TO FISD!!

• 2 weeks later...

For taller troopers, the following are the ones that I would typically recommend:

RT-Mod

AM

TM

RT and AM are sculpted larger for larger/taller troopers.  
I would say that AM is probably more accommodating for taller and larger troopers.

RT is probably slightly better for taller, well proportioned troopers.

Outside of seeing pictures of TM armor, I have no practical experience/exposure to it.  I can tell you that it is a beautiful kit, and that Paul does provide longer shins for taller troopers, but I am unsure how the rest of the armor fits for taller/larger troopers.  Since you say you are taller and thin, you'd be perfectly fine considering TM as well.

When you say narrow waist, how narrow are we talking?  I'm 6'2" and about 225 with about a 36" waist and RT fits me just about perfectly without modification.

• 1 month later...

Im 6'2" and have AM armour the only issue is the shins feel about 1-2" short. Otherwise everything else fits great.<br><br>

I have a second TK on order a TM stormtrooper from Paul with extra long shins.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I'm new around here and have been pondering the same dilemma:

I'm 6'4" and of average build. I've been looking at getting perhaps a full commission from RS because they ask for measurements, but I'm not sure how much they can do for height. Can anyone give feedback on RS for tall troopers?

• Like 1

I have my TM armor now, the extra long shins are great. Most of the pieces of armor are longer than other builds so I'd recommend the TM I'd your 6'4" my only question is where are you taller? Are you longer in the legs or do you have a longer torso? Longer legs is far easier to accommodate. If you have a longer torso you'll struggle to fit most armor.

• Like 1

This is probably the first time in my life I wish I wasn't so tall  :wacko:

My biggest fear is that after I've settled on a purchase and it arrives, that it won't fit.

I'm not sure about "where I'm taller." If anything I'd say it's in the limbs, but I think I'm fairly normally proportioned. Hopefully the torso won't be an issue.

This is probably the first time in my life I wish I wasn't so tall  :wacko:

My biggest fear is that after I've settled on a purchase and it arrives, that it won't fit.

I'm not sure about "where I'm taller." If anything I'd say it's in the limbs, but I think I'm fairly normally proportioned. Hopefully the torso won't be an issue.

FWIW there is another 6'4" trooper who is wearing Anovos armor with relatively minor modifications.  It's definitely possible.  I'm 6'3" and it's working for me, too, just needed side shims because of my girth.  If your trunk is longer, you can just do what the other guy did and add split the ab plate to add a small shim behind the belt, then you're good to go.

Edited by kman

FWIW there is another 6'4" trooper who is wearing Anovos armor with relatively minor modifications.  It's definitely possible.  I'm 6'3" and it's working for me, too, just needed side shims because of my girth.  If your trunk is longer, you can just do what the other guy did and add split the ab plate to add a small shim behind the belt, then you're good to go.

I hadn't considered hiding a shim behind the belt! That's a really smart idea, thanks!

I hadn't considered hiding a shim behind the belt! That's a really smart idea, thanks!

Jason Dibble is on FISD somewhere, I believe, or you can definitely find him on the Anovos Stormtrooper Kit Building Group on FaceBook.  He has posted photos of his mods in the FB group for sure.

I am 6'3" 160lb 32" waist (so a stick) and am wearing Anovos armor with zero modifications. There is about an inch or so gap between my back and kidney plate that I need to fix for higher tiered approval and I am going to eventually get a set of the longer TM shins. But you can definitely get basic approval being a tall trooper with Anovos and doing very few modifications depending on your body type.

Edited by PsycoBlast
  • Like 1

6'3, 205, 34 waist. I'm building rt-mod and it's working great. Needed to trim very little. Kit is fantastic, service from Rob is great. Local detachment seemed impressed by the quality of the armour. 

• Like 1

I'm 6'6, 220, 36" waist. I bought the AM 2.0 kit and while there are some gaps, I feel that it fits me okay. I'm in the process of taking better pictures for approval. I might eventually get the RT Mod XL Shins, but this will have to do for now.

5J7739k.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
11 minutes ago, Emailerin said:

How do I find Paul with TrooperMaster? I tried Google, but couldn't find a reliable contact. Any help?

You can find Paul here https://www.facebook.com/TMProps/. He's often on the board as well (@troopermaster)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emailerin said:

How do I find Paul with TrooperMaster? I tried Google, but couldn't find a reliable contact. Any help?

Getting started section, The various types of armor and where to find them